Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suprised Benfica aren't hugely interested. He tripled or even quadrupled his wages when he moved to us, it's hard to imagine that he'd move back to the same wages, so we'd essentially have borrowed him for a couple of years and given him a huge pay rise. They'd love him back there, but financially it doesn't fit them at all.

In his defense, I think he's look a lot more comfortable in the past few outings. Still a long way to go, but there has been improvement.Maybe the penny is starting to drop about how he needs to distribute the ball and close down.

BigOscar said:
Not suprised Benfica aren't hugely interested. He tripled or even quadrupled his wages when he moved to us, it's hard to imagine that he'd move back to the same wages, so we'd essentially have borrowed him for a couple of years and given him a huge pay rise. They'd love him back there, but financially it doesn't fit them at all.

Makes a lot of sense, plus they value Matic at around 40m euros don't they?

NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:

They did in the summer, but the talk now is more like 25-30mE as they expected Garay to go in the summer, but the rags pulled out at the last minute. They need to sell someone, but once one player goes the price on all the others will go up

BigOscar said:
NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:

They did in the summer, but the talk now is more like 25-30mE as they expected Garay to go in the summer, but the rags pulled out at the last minute. They need to sell someone, but once one player goes the price on all the others will go up

When's the last time a team actually got a bargain from Portugal?

NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:
NQCitizen said:

us with rony.

NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:
NQCitizen said:

Sporting sold a lot of players at ridiculous bargain prices last year, but Porto and Benfica always get top dollar. Moutinho for £25m was a bit of a steal though. Am I right in saying we have first option on Sporting players nowadays?

aguero93:20 said:
NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:

us with rony.

Tranny.

Almost everything else to come from Portugal since then has completely failed to live up to the hype or fee.

Fingers crossed Rony changes this.

Thaksinssoldier said:
aguero93:20 said:
NQCitizen said:
us with rony.

Tranny.

Almost everything else to come from Portugal since then has completely failed to live up to the hype or fee.

Fingers crossed Rony changes this.
even if he's only halfway decent, we basically got him for nothing, bargain. steal them while they're young, as Txichi says

-- Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:31 pm --

Deco fairly lived up to the billing at barca. was he before or after ladyboy?<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm --<br /><br />and atleti basically paid minus 16m for falcao and got 60+ goals out of him

given_is_ironman said:
This nonsense about De Jong and Garcia is getting boring. De Jong was a one dimensional player, he was great at shutting down attacks but ask him to do anything more than that and he was woeful. At least Javi can pass forward.

Watch the most famous goal in City's history then think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.