Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
aguero93:20 said:
us with rony.

Tranny.

Almost everything else to come from Portugal since then has completely failed to live up to the hype or fee.

Fingers crossed Rony changes this.
even if he's only halfway decent, we basically got him for nothing, bargain. steal them while they're young, as Txichi says

-- Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:31 pm --

Deco fairly lived up to the billing at barca. was he before or after ladyboy?

-- Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm --

and atleti basically paid minus 16m for falcao and got 60+ goals out of him

Yeah but tbf Falcao isn't Portuguese and was established as a top potential talent.

Are you genuinely suggesting that no good players have been bought from Portugal in the past decade?

BigOscar said:
Are you genuinely suggesting that no good players have been bought from Portugal in the past decade?

No, I'm saying that since Tranny most have failed to live up to the hype or price tag.

I'm open to debate so who has?

LoveCity said:
City offered him + cash for Benfica's Nemanja Matic (a much more PL suited player) according to the usually reliable Di Marzio of Sky Italia. Benfica basically told us to piss off, but it suggests City aren't happy with Garcia as the main backup option and want to upgrade.

Ah well at least we've spotted it!

Garcia and Sinclair....the window from hell! I'm confident that wont happen again.

Off the top of my head

Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Fereira, Pepe, Danny, Nani, Moutinho, Simao, Ramires, Falcao, Lisandro, Lucho, Di Maria, Guarin, Cristian Rodriguez, Mati Fernandez, Diego, Deco.

I've probably missed a fair few and didn't include a few debateable ones like Witsel, Luiz (who in his time at Chelsea has won the CL and is now expected to sell for a profit), Coentrao, Hulk and a few others

Carvalho &Ferreira were good, but tbh I'd them down as before Tranny(could be wrong). Likewise Pepe, I thought he'd left before this.

[Danny, Nani, Moutinho, Simao, Ramires, Falcao, Lisandro, Lucho, Di Maria, Guarin, Cristian Rodriguez, Mati Fernandez, Diego, Deco

Theres not a Portuguese player on there I'd rate at the prices they went for.

Ramires & Falcao aren't Portuguese, and Hulk and Conetrao are not top quality players and certainly not worth their price tags.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Carvalho &Ferreira were good, but tbh I'd them down as before Tranny(could be wrong). Likewise Pepe, I thought he'd left before this.

[Danny, Nani, Moutinho, Simao, Ramires, Falcao, Lisandro, Lucho, Di Maria, Guarin, Cristian Rodriguez, Mati Fernandez, Diego, Deco

Theres not a Portuguese player on there I'd rate at the prices they went for.

Ramires & Falcao aren't Portuguese, and Hulk and Conetrao are not top quality players and certainly not worth their price tags.
a) What on earth does being Portuguese have to do with it? Especially as this originated from a discussion about Javi Garcia and Matic
b) Danny was sold for £2m to Dinamo Moscow, won player of the year and then was sold by them for a £28m profit to Zenit. If that's not a success then noone in the history of football has been a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.