Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Bruun said:
Even i had my strong my doubts about him, but after seeing him used "correctly" i've began to like his way of playing. And to be fair, when looking at his stats so far, they are not even that bad.

I agree,when played in a three,where he's accommodated for,and team mates can cover his inadequacies,while,simultaneously,he's afforded the time and space to display his very limited attributes - he's awesome!

In fact,it's baffling how he escaped the clutches of other top clubs??

We were so blind

King Geedorah said:
Garcia needs to have the confidence to drive forward with the ball- too often he'd be stood with 20 yards of free space in front of him looking for a pass- just move into it.

Other than that he was a good deputy- won a lot of headers and sat well.

Worrying how easily puncheon went around him mind.

Still of the opinion he needs a few good performances to get his confidence up and start imposing himself on games.

I think the reason he doesn't get forward is because he his a defensive midfielder, and playing at the back must be the way he likes to play, i don't think he is that bad a player, but in his position the more attacking players have to attack quicker than they do just now, we play the ball backwards and sideways far to often, that is ok when we are 4 or 5 goals up but not at nil nil, his job is to just sit in front of the defence, only trouble i see with City is they play the ball around and go nowhere fast most of the time, but when we go forward with purpose we can open any defence, to play in this league you need to play often so you and your team-mates know what you are doing together.

Tidy performance today for me a little too safe in some of his passing but well done

Played really well today, passed very consistently and at times adventurously. The biggest plus was his aerial dominance pretty much killed Pulls' long ball game, which can't be underestimated in a hard fought win.

I think anyone watching today with an unbiased eye would see a good performance and a player who fills an important role in the squad as our only truly defensive midfielder.

He didn't do much wrong today but then again he didn't do much.
It seems like he's afraid to make a mistake so chooses the easy option.
I'm not surprised really considering the abuse he gets.
Hopefully at the end of the season he'll be a Champion....wouldn't that be nice?:)

He would probably do ok in midfield three with Yaya and Fernandinho, didn't do too bad alongside Fernandinho today. Still need a better CM though.

NQCitizen said:
Played really well today, passed very consistently and at times adventurously. The biggest plus was his aerial dominance pretty much killed Pulls' long ball game, which can't be underestimated in a hard fought win.

I think anyone watching today with an unbiased eye would see a good performance and a player who fills an important role in the squad as our only truly defensive midfielder.
Spot on. Also allowed Ferna to take a more offensive role which easily could have led to a couple of goals.

NQCitizen said:

Spot on. Won more headers than the rest of our team combined and did the job he was asked to do, just sitting in fornt of the defence and feeding the ball short to the more creative players. Pretty much the exact role he played for Benfica, allowing a front 5 to attack without worrying about defending too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.