Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

FantasyIreland said:
Neil McNab said:
Should never have let Kolo go, decent right sided back up to Mr Fragile, Garcia can only play a role where he doesn't have to run or pass much apart from these flaws and his terrible positional sense he's a fine addition to the squad.

Kolo wasn't of the standard required either,so letting him go was the right decision from the perspective that he should have been replaced by a superior alternative.
The problem is,he wasn't.......... So in hindsight,i agree,he would have been an infinitely better option than Garcia.

Regardless of the fact he wears our shirt,its baffling that certain supporters cannot recognise such a poor player and understand the negative effect he has on those around him and subsequently the game itself.

He will be an awful choice should he get the nod on Sunday,a lamb to the slaughter,hence why I cant see it happening.

Couldn't agree more. They will simply knock balls to Torres & Eto over his head and run on to them. They will target & exploit this weakness without a doubt. Garcia is simply not good enough. This is in no way a derogatory statement about him it is simply a statement of fact.

Cobwebcat said:
FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
Couldn't agree more internet managers never see them train, not aware of injuries, never get beat, always pick the best team buy the best players, all from their bedrooms truly amazing

If Garcia is showing as our best option then either our depth of quality is worse than I thought or the player himself suffers something akin to a TIA every time he takes to the field.

No point in stating the obvious Fantasy...the Manager is always right in all circumstances apparently. When we sell Garcia he will be right to do that as well . You must always agree with what they do as they know best in all circumstances. Remember Pearce playing David James as centre forward? He was right too. Remember Alan Ball...genius. You must always support the Manager as it is disloyal if you don't . We and the rest of the World (including two champions league winning centre halves) know nowt. It's all a mirage...he's great.

If he plays and we beat Chelsea ill have to wonder if we we were right though :-)
At the risk of pointing out the glaringly obvious, he's 3rd choice in that position. I'd like to see how many defensive midfielders could play that role. He should be getting credit for filling in and doing a good job, but the loons have turned it on its head.

I'll be surprised if Garcia starts tomorrow, I'd expect MP to go with Demichelis. Even though he's not played yet he'll understand the system and is used to playing big games.

TGR said:
Couldn't agree more. They will simply knock balls to Torres & Eto over his head and run on to them. They will target & exploit this weakness without a doubt. Garcia is simply not good enough. This is in no way a derogatory statement about him it is simply a statement of fact.

So we simply stop them knocking balls over his head and problem solved.

When we havent got the ball we have 11 defenders not just Javi.

Marvin said:
Cobwebcat said:
FantasyIreland said:
If Garcia is showing as our best option then either our depth of quality is worse than I thought or the player himself suffers something akin to a TIA every time he takes to the field.

No point in stating the obvious Fantasy...the Manager is always right in all circumstances apparently. When we sell Garcia he will be right to do that as well . You must always agree with what they do as they know best in all circumstances. Remember Pearce playing David James as centre forward? He was right too. Remember Alan Ball...genius. You must always support the Manager as it is disloyal if you don't . We and the rest of the World (including two champions league winning centre halves) know nowt. It's all a mirage...he's great.

If he plays and we beat Chelsea ill have to wonder if we we were right though :-)
At the risk of pointing out the glaringly obvious, he's 3rd choice in that position. I'd like to see how many defensive midfielders could play that role. He should be getting credit for filling in and doing a good job, but the loons have turned it on its head.

I think it's because there are so many more options Pelle could choose and two left footers that are centre halves is much better than playing a midfielder there. Richards Lescott Yaya Rodwell etc can all do a much better job there. So in this instance I do feel sorry for Garcia and its Pelle that frustrates me, though I think generally Pelle has done very well.

Garcia does not get much thanks for doing a difficult job because when he plays in his normal position he isn't great there either though ironically one of his better games was against Chelsea but they are few and far between IMHO.

If Pelle played Navas at centre half I wouldn't be happy with that either though at least he has the pace for a high line!

Couldn't agree more. They will simply knock balls to Torres & Eto over his head and run on to them. They will target & exploit this weakness without a doubt. Garcia is simply not good enough. This is in no way a derogatory statement about him it is simply a statement of fact.[/quote]

Eh ? What do you mean it's a statement of fact ? Surely you mean it's your opinion ? My opinion is that Garcia is a very good player and has played well given the job he has asked to do in virtually every game he has played. I agree with the guy that said the club ask him to go into a position to do a job and he does bloody well yet the Garcia is shite merchants turn it on it's head and use it to slag the guy off instead of praising him for some pretty decent performances overall. Mind you, he was shocking at Villa and v Bayern !! ( oh yeah he didn't play in those games ). We are in a similar situation to the Kolarov is wank merchants for the last two years. Two years ago I was in the minority who believed Kolarov was better than Clichy and I got serious abuse on here for that. Now we know who is the number one left back yet even now you get some who insist Clichy is better, of course they are entitled to their opinion, though I'm still waiting for Clichy to either assist or score a goal for the club, or even set up a few goalscoring opportunities like the ones Negredo and Silva missed on Wednesday from superb passes from Kolatov ! People have selective memory. Garcia had had several very good performances for City, e.g. away at Stoke the other week, and he has been pretty god overall. My very good mate does not rate Garcia but even he agreed that had he not come on V Chelsea in the semi at Wembley to shore up the defensive midfield they would have got an equaliser. So to say he is whatever and is a liability is an absolute joke.

Oh yeah, before I forget Rammy blue you accuse me of not being a City fan ? Well just for the record I have been to over 1000 City matches since my first game v Derby County in 1970 !!

Cobwebcat said:
Marvin said:
Cobwebcat said:

I think it's because there are so many more options Pelle could choose and two left footers that are centre halves is much better than playing a midfielder there. Richards Lescott Yaya Rodwell etc can all do a much better job there. So in this instance I do feel sorry for Garcia and its Pelle that frustrates me, though I think generally Pelle has done very well.

Garcia does not get much thanks for doing a difficult job because when he plays in his normal position he isn't great there either though ironically one of his better games was against Chelsea but they are few and far between IMHO.

If Pelle played Navas at centre half I wouldn't be happy with that either though at least he has the pace for a high line!

So if Garcia is doing a good job there in terms of results what says Richards, Lescott, Rodwell (who would be a mid and left footed) would do better?

Even in a high line strikers will still outpace defenders anyway.

Cobwebcat said:
Marvin said:
Cobwebcat said:

I think it's because there are so many more options Pelle could choose and two left footers that are centre halves is much better than playing a midfielder there.
I think it was Hull at home when Nasty and Lescott played together, and Lescott layed on the right. It was the worst City performance I have seen for years, and Lescott was like a fish out of water. However I think they played together again in another game and were better.

TGR said:
FantasyIreland said:
Neil McNab said:
Should never have let Kolo go, decent right sided back up to Mr Fragile, Garcia can only play a role where he doesn't have to run or pass much apart from these flaws and his terrible positional sense he's a fine addition to the squad.

Kolo wasn't of the standard required either,so letting him go was the right decision from the perspective that he should have been replaced by a superior alternative.
The problem is,he wasn't.......... So in hindsight,i agree,he would have been an infinitely better option than Garcia.

Regardless of the fact he wears our shirt,its baffling that certain supporters cannot recognise such a poor player and understand the negative effect he has on those around him and subsequently the game itself.

He will be an awful choice should he get the nod on Sunday,a lamb to the slaughter,hence why I cant see it happening.

That is obviously an opinion not a fact.

Raw data - fact
Qualitative assessment - not fact

peter.evans said:

Eh ? What do you mean it's a statement of fact ? Surely you mean it's your opinion ? My opinion is that Garcia is a very good player and has played well given the job he has asked to do in virtually every game he has played. I agree with the guy that said the club ask him to go into a position to do a job and he does bloody well yet the Garcia is shite merchants turn it on it's head and use it to slag the guy off instead of praising him for some pretty decent performances overall. Mind you, he was shocking at Villa and v Bayern !! ( oh yeah he didn't play in those games ). We are in a similar situation to the Kolarov is wank merchants for the last two years. Two years ago I was in the minority who believed Kolarov was better than Clichy and I got serious abuse on here for that. Now we know who is the number one left back yet even now you get some who insist Clichy is better, of course they are entitled to their opinion, though I'm still waiting for Clichy to either assist or score a goal for the club, or even set up a few goalscoring opportunities like the ones Negredo and Silva missed on Wednesday from superb passes from Kolatov ! People have selective memory. Garcia had had several very good performances for City, e.g. away at Stoke the other week, and he has been pretty god overall. My very good mate does not rate Garcia but even he agreed that had he not come on V Chelsea in the semi at Wembley to shore up the defensive midfield they would have got an equaliser. So to say he is whatever and is a liability is an absolute joke.

Oh yeah, before I forget Rammy blue you accuse me of not being a City fan ? Well just for the record I have been to over 1000 City matches since my first game v Derby County in 1970 !![/quote]

dont think people just randomly pick a player to criticise out of a hat its watching someone play that makes them do that, time and again he has made glaring errors or due to his lack of pace been caught out at the back, peolpe say quite simply he is not good enough and given the fact that in the position we bought him for for 16 million if all our other CM were fit they would start ahead of him making him 5th/6th choice in HIS OWN position i would say the people are right, playing him at CB is just wrong to put someone who is not good enough at his own job in someone else's position over them (lescott/Richards) is simply daft, yes Lescott has made mistakes but on a mistakes to games ratio its not even close, also why some get so hung up on can't have 2 left footed CBs is strange as if 2 right footed CBs play tougher not a word is said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.