Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

NipHolmes said:
It guts me we parted with Barry and retained Garcia. Personally I'd have done it the other way around. We miss Barry. Could you hand on heart say we would miss Garcia?

No we wouldn't.

Everton wanted a player who would impact on their first eleven,not one that would struggle to make their bench.

Rascal said:
NipHolmes said:
bobmcfc said:
It sounds like not rating Garcia is like an act of treason against the manager. I think it's more that'll reasonable to have doubts about him.

Some people just can't accept a difference if opinion. It's underhanded the way managers are used as a justification for their opinion.

I was hounded for saying Savic didn't fit this league and was a liability. His final game he nearly gave away a red card v Chelsea. I was told he was a good player and who am I to question a professional manager in Mancini when I'm not a professional manager. Savic was then sold. Now was I right? Does my point now all of a sudden have more credence?

The pendantic nature if Rascals forum persona is his downfall as a poster who debates. He cannot debate, he just uses strawman decoys.

Garcia does not compliment our team.
Garcia is not compatible to the nature of the English Premier League.
Garcia is better off in Italy, Portugal and Spain to play his football.
Garcia is a good player but unfortunately not for us.
Garcia is too expensive to do a squad role and he is wasted, he could play more elsewhere in positions he is more comfortable.
Garcia is better off out if City team and likewise for us.

The above are my thoughts and I challenge anyone who disagrees. Imo he is a badly scouted buy and is exactly what we didn't need. Going forward we need a world class partner for Vinny or player who's nearing that level. Had Mancini got Thiago Silva we would have had the best partnership in world football bar none. United based their success on Rio and Vidic, Chelsea on Terry and Carvaliho. We have Kompany but we are looking for that formidable brother in arms at the back. Nastasic is a great young player but we need that experience and quality an older top player will bring. Personally I'd go all guns blazing for Mats Hummels.

My pedantic nature in this "debate" is exactly what i aimed it to be. It is the only way to counter myopia.

Why is it underhanded to point out that the club manager chooses to play somebody in a position in place of other options? Surely the club manager is the best placed person with all available information to make that decision.

And whilst its wonderful to play football manager and imagine us buying blah and blah, the fact is we didnt, so we play with what we have and the manager however underhanded that may be makes his choice on all available evidence at that time. Are you advocating he reads here before he picks his side so he can take on board the wisdom of BM?

Of course you and others are welcome to your opinion and however pedantic i become in attempting to refute others opinions i know im unlikely to succeed. But hey thats what BMs here for/

Vamos Javi

Well done on purposely failing to answer my questions and instead making a pointless quip which I can see you have form for.

Just a parable of diatribe there.

Answer the Q's if you want to be constructive. You make a vague justification/s and lack any solidity to be frank. Just lazy stuff like he plays for the NT, he played for Benfica. It means little without context. Marvin compares him to Mascherano ay Barca, firstly Mascherano is better, secondly their team is better and in particular their midfield and thirdly it's a less physical league with a slower tempo of play and is possession based. It's chalk and cheese basically.

Top and bottom of it is we are scoring well but shipping a few in. We have to sort it out and I don't feel we have what it takes to solves the problem, hence we sign another player or two. Q CB and Holding Mid.<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:32 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
NipHolmes said:
It guts me we parted with Barry and retained Garcia. Personally I'd have done it the other way around. We miss Barry. Could you hand on heart say we would miss Garcia?

No we wouldn't.

Everton wanted a player who would impact on their first eleven,not one that would struggle to make their bench.

Precisely. Barry has his faults but he is a player with worth. A lot more worth than Garcia. Criminal that we have loaned the wrong one out.

@Whoever said we didn't scout Garcia. Yes we did, Salsano I believe. Think Gregucci did too.

NipHolmes said:
Rascal said:
NipHolmes said:
Some people just can't accept a difference if opinion. It's underhanded the way managers are used as a justification for their opinion.

I was hounded for saying Savic didn't fit this league and was a liability. His final game he nearly gave away a red card v Chelsea. I was told he was a good player and who am I to question a professional manager in Mancini when I'm not a professional manager. Savic was then sold. Now was I right? Does my point now all of a sudden have more credence?

The pendantic nature if Rascals forum persona is his downfall as a poster who debates. He cannot debate, he just uses strawman decoys.

Garcia does not compliment our team.
Garcia is not compatible to the nature of the English Premier League.
Garcia is better off in Italy, Portugal and Spain to play his football.
Garcia is a good player but unfortunately not for us.
Garcia is too expensive to do a squad role and he is wasted, he could play more elsewhere in positions he is more comfortable.
Garcia is better off out if City team and likewise for us.

The above are my thoughts and I challenge anyone who disagrees. Imo he is a badly scouted buy and is exactly what we didn't need. Going forward we need a world class partner for Vinny or player who's nearing that level. Had Mancini got Thiago Silva we would have had the best partnership in world football bar none. United based their success on Rio and Vidic, Chelsea on Terry and Carvaliho. We have Kompany but we are looking for that formidable brother in arms at the back. Nastasic is a great young player but we need that experience and quality an older top player will bring. Personally I'd go all guns blazing for Mats Hummels.

My pedantic nature in this "debate" is exactly what i aimed it to be. It is the only way to counter myopia.

Why is it underhanded to point out that the club manager chooses to play somebody in a position in place of other options? Surely the club manager is the best placed person with all available information to make that decision.

And whilst its wonderful to play football manager and imagine us buying blah and blah, the fact is we didnt, so we play with what we have and the manager however underhanded that may be makes his choice on all available evidence at that time. Are you advocating he reads here before he picks his side so he can take on board the wisdom of BM?

Of course you and others are welcome to your opinion and however pedantic i become in attempting to refute others opinions i know im unlikely to succeed. But hey thats what BMs here for/

Vamos Javi

Well done on purposely failing to answer my questions and instead making a pointless quip which I can see you have form for.

Just a parable of diatribe there.

Answer the Q's if you want to be constructive. You make a vague justification/s and lack any solidity to be frank. Just lazy stuff like he plays for the NT, he played for Benfica. It means little without context. Marvin compares him to Mascherano ay Barca, firstly Mascherano is better, secondly their team is better and in particular their midfield and thirdly it's a less physical league with a slower tempo of play and is possession based. It's chalk and cheese basically.

Top and bottom of it is we are scoring well but shipping a few in. We have to sort it out and I don't feel we have what it takes to solves the problem, hence we sign another player or two. Q CB and Holding Mid.

-- Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:32 pm --

FantasyIreland said:
NipHolmes said:

No we wouldn't.

Precisely. Barry has his faults but he is a player with worth. A lot more worth than Garcia. Criminal that we have loaned the wrong one out.

@Whoever said we didn't scout Garcia. Yes we did, Salsano I believe. Think Gregucci did too.
The worth Barry has at this point is a reputation for being a "good player" keeping him from getting two yellow cards game if not a red card per game. This is once again for those unable to keep up not a defense of any particular player but a condemnation of sorts of an older player who can't contribute to us any longer.

As far as us shipping in goals, we're set up to ship in goals. I don't care who you have in the back line, we're going to ship in goals. Everyone best get used to it unless the manager changes philosophy.

NipHolmes said:

Again this is your opinion.

Would it be underhand to point out that our manager saw it differently

Rascal said:
NipHolmes said:

A manager isn't always necessarily correct in his decision making.

Rammy Blue said:
Rascal said:
NipHolmes said:

I never said he was. But its his job to make those decisions and however much a person wails, whinges and moans on here that people are shit blah blah blah it makes no dfference.

My only issue is when a player becomes the brunt of supporter disaffection that can translate itself into negativity which can affect the team. We all have our favorites and people we dont rate as much as others but i guess its my glass half full attitude rather than the glass half empty attitude of many here that i dont understand. Negativity never solves anything. As blues we should know that better than most

Rascal said:
My only issue is when a player becomes the brunt of supporter disaffection that can translate itself into negativity which can affect the team. We all have our favorites and people we dont rate as much as others but i guess its my glass half full attitude rather than the glass half empty attitude of many here that i dont understand. Negativity never solves anything. As blues we should know that better than most

As you said earlier, this is what BM is for.

I think Garcia is wank, Dzeko is a lazy lump of shit, Lescott has the touch of a donkey. When I am at the game and they are playing I back them to the hilt, doesn't mean I can't slate them on here as I'll be happy when they move on from our club and are replaced by better players.

Rascal said:
Rammy Blue said:
Rascal said:

I never said he was. But its his job to make those decisions and however much a person wails, whinges and moans on here that people are shit blah blah blah it makes no dfference.

For me, that last para touches on the oft discussed point about the impact of being negative or 'glass half empty' on a fan forum. For me that's absolutely fine (& in this case warranted IMHO), but it doesn't mean I'd be negative to the player in any way whatsoever at a match - which is where the negativity would indeed be a problem

Edit. Rammy I hadnt seen your post above when I wrote this - same point basically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.