Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

I've yet to hear any pundit or any non City fan say they rate Garcia. In fact, the consensus is that he's a weak link....

hgblue said:
I've yet to hear any pundit or any non City fan say they rate Garcia. In fact, the consensus is that he's a weak link....

Our manager does though as does the Spanish manager who picked him for the national squad.

So do you not rate Pelle or the World cup wnniing manager?

Rascal said:
hgblue said:

Our manager does though as does the Spanish manager who picked him for the national squad.

It sounds like not rating Garcia is like an act of treason against the manager. I think it's more that'll reasonable to have doubts about him.

Rascal said:
hgblue said:

Again, how many times did he feature in Spanish National Team. How many Holding Kids were injured at that present time?

Again, he's not good enough to start in his preferential position and he's not good enough to play elsewhere I.e James Milner. Cost of wages is an issue else we needn't have loaned out Barry. It guts me we parted with Barry and retained Garcia. Personally I'd have done it the other way around. We miss Barry. Could you hand on heart say we would miss Garcia?

Rascal said:
hgblue said:

He had a shocker when he played for Spain, got loads of abuse from the Spanish fans.

Dont think hes been picked since for them.

bobmcfc said:
Rascal said:
hgblue said:

It sounds like not rating Garcia is like an act of treason against the manager. I think it's more that'll reasonable to have doubts about him.

Some people just can't accept a difference if opinion. It's underhanded the way managers are used as a justification for their opinion.

I was hounded for saying Savic didn't fit this league and was a liability. His final game he nearly gave away a red card v Chelsea. I was told he was a good player and who am I to question a professional manager in Mancini when I'm not a professional manager. Savic was then sold. Now was I right? Does my point now all of a sudden have more credence?

The pendantic nature if Rascals forum persona is his downfall as a poster who debates. He cannot debate, he just uses strawman decoys.

Garcia does not compliment our team.
Garcia is not compatible to the nature of the English Premier League.
Garcia is better off in Italy, Portugal and Spain to play his football.
Garcia is a good player but unfortunately not for us.
Garcia is too expensive to do a squad role and he is wasted, he could play more elsewhere in positions he is more comfortable.
Garcia is better off out if City team and likewise for us.

The above are my thoughts and I challenge anyone who disagrees. Imo he is a badly scouted buy and is exactly what we didn't need. Going forward we need a world class partner for Vinny or player who's nearing that level. Had Mancini got Thiago Silva we would have had the best partnership in world football bar none. United based their success on Rio and Vidic, Chelsea on Terry and Carvaliho. We have Kompany but we are looking for that formidable brother in arms at the back. Nastasic is a great young player but we need that experience and quality an older top player will bring. Personally I'd go all guns blazing for Mats Hummels.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Rascal said:
hgblue said:

He had a shocker when he played for Spain, got loads of abuse from the Spanish fans.

Dont think hes been picked since for them.

Exactly. I recall that being posted in the general when he played thinking back.

Not long back Kevin Davies played for England. Does that mean he was above Boltons level and should have played for a top team?

Or does it mean we had a dearth of options at that time which is akin to Garcia and the holding midfielders.

Besides Garcia is fucked anyway in regards to Spain. Alonso, Busquets, Martinez and Illahramendi all play in his role and are more likely to be picked. Garcia as a CB is the best he can hope for but more likely they would call up Benat and drop Martinez into defence. Ramos, Puyol and Pique are the only quality choices and Arbeloa and Azcipuleta (so) isnt very strong so I'd have Ramos RB. Spain need Puyol fit and in form.

NipHolmes said:
bobmcfc said:
Rascal said:

Some people just can't accept a difference if opinion. It's underhanded the way managers are used as a justification for their opinion.

I was hounded for saying Savic didn't fit this league and was a liability. His final game he nearly gave away a red card v Chelsea. I was told he was a good player and who am I to question a professional manager in Mancini when I'm not a professional manager. Savic was then sold. Now was I right? Does my point now all of a sudden have more credence?

The pendantic nature if Rascals forum persona is his downfall as a poster who debates. He cannot debate, he just uses strawman decoys.

Garcia is too expensive to do a squad role and he is wasted, he could play more elsewhere in positions he is more comfortable.

The above are my thoughts and I challenge anyone who disagrees. Imo he is a badly scouted buy and is exactly what we didn't need. Going forward we need a world class partner for Vinny or player who's nearing that level. Had Mancini got Thiago Silva we would have had the best partnership in world football bar none. United based their success on Rio and Vidic, Chelsea on Terry and Carvaliho. We have Kompany but we are looking for that formidable brother in arms at the back. Nastasic is a great young player but we need that experience and quality an older top player will bring. Personally I'd go all guns blazing for Mats Hummels.

My pedantic nature in this "debate" is exactly what i aimed it to be. It is the only way to counter myopia.

Why is it underhanded to point out that the club manager chooses to play somebody in a position in place of other options? Surely the club manager is the best placed person with all available information to make that decision.

And whilst its wonderful to play football manager and imagine us buying blah and blah, the fact is we didnt, so we play with what we have and the manager however underhanded that may be makes his choice on all available evidence at that time. Are you advocating he reads here before he picks his side so he can take on board the wisdom of BM?

Of course you and others are welcome to your opinion and however pedantic i become in attempting to refute others opinions i know im unlikely to succeed. But hey thats what BMs here for/

Vamos Javi

NipHolmes said:
bobmcfc said:
Rascal said:

I agree we shouldn't of signed him but I still think he's a decent utility player in matches he is needed, don't forget we never scouted Garcia he was more of a panic buy after we stuffed up getting Martinez last summer. He isn't quite upto the pace I don't think but that's his main flaw for me otherwise he just lacks confidence and for example against West Ham he showed he can be useful and never put a foot wrong. It just depends on the match he is involved in, tomorrow we play Chelsea and if Eto'o plays you'd never put a bet on Garcia keeping tabs on him so I'd go for Micah at CB, having that versatile player though is always handy.

You can say had we got X player we'd be better off but that's all in hindsight, Nasty is looking a great player but is quite error prone and gives away unnecessary fouls a lot but alongside Kompany he'll wean that out of his game. With them both together they have the potential to be one of the best CB pairings for years to come, you can see the logic in not spending a massive amount of money on a CB, we already have Lescott and Micah as well. Not that it matters anyway because Garcia is not a CB but we now have Fernandinho in his position who is looking like an improved De Jong, Garcia is intended I think to fill the gaps should it go to pot which it does a little too often with Kompany being injured but I think Garcia is good enough to be in the role he plays, we don't need anyone better because otherwise they'd be playing every week..

Garcia hasn't been called up for Spain since a poor performance in a friendly against Chile (the game where Navas saved Spain in injury time). Both of his caps have been in friendlies, even with injuries Del Bosque hasn't played him in competitive games. BTW Monreal has played for Spain this season too despite being behind Gibbs in Arsenal's team. A Spain cap seems to mean instant quality cred for some, but there are certain positions they are lack depth and others where they are overstocked. When Garcia was called up last there was no Busquets, Alonso, Martinez or Illarramendi to play the reserved midfielder role... and their replacements were Koke, Mario Suarez, and Garcia (the first two preferred in the competitive game in that international week).

I still think he is better as a midfielder than defender though, but wouldn't be comfortable unless he played in a midfield 3 with Yaya and Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.