Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

FantasyIreland said:
lasereyes said:
Exactly. Still no clue why we sold DeJong. All those worshipping Mancini should pause for thought right there.

Because he preferred the huge signing on fee in Milan to our offer of 100k a week.

If it was just about money then surely it would have made more sense to match whatever Milan were offering NDJ than to shell out £28m on Rodwell and Garcia.

The truth is that NDJ fancied a move.

Why the fuck are people still going on about De Jong for fuck sake,he wasn't first choice anyway.Let it go !

De Jong wanted regular first team football, which he asn't going to get here. That's the problem with having 20 great players, you end up having to replace the ones who are on the fringes as they know they are good enough to be starters elsewhere. There are very few top players who are willing to just sit on the bench in case they are needed for 20 minutes here and there

NQCitizen said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
NQCitizen said:
They played together in the cup and Garcia outshone Rodwell.

Stop being sensible and use the usual team-picking algorithm, like everyone else;

(Step 1) Everyone knows player A is better than player B (which leads to)
(Step 2) Always pick player A over player B

Note: If player B has a better game than player A, and you're tempted to start him in the next game, return to (Step 1).

I actually think Garcia is perfectly adequate and manages to do what he's meant to do and capable of doing a lot more often than some of our other players.

He genuinely does quite well in his role. But all that matters is he isn't very fast so who cares right?

The problem is what he's good at is very limited and he slows down the attack. I wouldn't mind him coming on for the last 15mns of games to close them out but he can't start. It's not enough for a player to just not have a howler. They need to contribute not just avoid scoring an own goal.

He doesn't close anyone out either. And he is terrible defending setpieces (see Cardiff game as an example). Maybe he is hard-working in training and that impressed MP, but he simply doesn't have the talent to be on a title-contending team.

onceabluealways said:
lasereyes said:
I am quite amazed at the "he did nothing wrong" comments. For christ's sake, we are not trying to avoid relegation. Not even satisfied with CL. We want the bloody title. And he ain't close to being good enough. I would play Rodwell any day over him. He at least is young and has potential.

Totally agree - look at the way dejong used to cover in front of the defence - thats what i expect of a holding midfielder. He has never been replaced in my book.

100% agree. The only reasonable justification for DeJong going could only have been that he was beyond greedy. Any other reason and it borders on criminal. It was clear from YouTube clips alone that Garcia was exactly what he is. Whoever signed off on his signing should be ashamed. I hate being negative towards our players and staff but I think the benefit of the doubt has run its course. He needs to go for his and our benefit. Play a kid if necessary.

TonyM said:
100% agree. The only reasonable justification for DeJong going could only have been that he was beyond greedy.

He's earning 80k pw at Milan which is a similar amount to what he was earning here, so i don't think greed has anything to do with his decision to leave.

Train said:
TonyM said:
100% agree. The only reasonable justification for DeJong going could only have been that he was beyond greedy.

He's earning 80k pw at Milan which is a similar amount to what he was earning here, so i don't think greed has anything to do with his decision to leave.

I'd love to know how people know what these players are earning.

mancity5 said:
Train said:
TonyM said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/11/ac-milan-20122013-player-salaries-chart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/11 ... ies-chart/</a>

Actually, he's on less than i stated. Roughly £48K pw.

Train said:
mancity5 said:
Train said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/11/ac-milan-20122013-player-salaries-chart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/09/11 ... ies-chart/</a>

Actually, he's on less than i stated. Roughly £48K pw.

Using today's exchange rate, he's on £52,000/week at Milan, but note it says AFTER tax - so it'd be what, £104,000/week in England (is our tax rate 50% for footballers?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.