joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelly's Left Foot said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
3rdlanarkblue said:
I loved Joe Corrigan and Joe Hart is the best we've had since then by a country mile. He will have ups and downs and he has room to improve a few things but he is ten times better than Shay Given was.
I think Hart is one of the best goalies we've had but not as good as Coton or even Williams. Hart has got the advantage of playing in a great side with a good defence in front of him too.

Not as good as Williams...wow
Williams was a top goalie and very underrated in an era when there was plenty of great keepers around.
Did you not rate him or are you too young to have watched him in his prime?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
I think Hart is one of the best goalies we've had but not as good as Coton or even Williams. Hart has got the advantage of playing in a great side with a good defence in front of him too.

Williams was a top goalie and very underrated in an era when there was plenty of great keepers around.

He is great, just need an immage
Joe need to be involved in game more by verbally commanding deffence, screeming, waving, positioning defenders, building up the tension over and over again so deffence will be always ready. Need more freedom to be real "defense commander", saving the goal is not sufficent to take him to legend.

Len Rum said:
Poor positioning for goals two and three today but he won't be dropped. He'll need to be at his best on Wednesday.

His positioning behind the wall for the free kick baffled me a bit. For Rooney's free kicks last week he stood away from the wall so he could see the direction of the ball and very nearly saved the goal. Today he had no chance of seeing the ball until it was too late.

Len Rum said:
Poor positioning for goals two and three today but he won't be dropped. He'll need to be at his best on Wednesday.

didn't he just put a run of 5/6 clean sheets together? not going to criticise Joe for today, theres no way he should have been put in the situation for the third, and sometimes free kicks are just that good they deserve a goal

Len Rum said:

I thought he was poor for all three to be honest. I hope we make a statement of intent and "drop" him for Wednesday.

But hang on he'll then just go crying to the directors about how unfairly he's been treated and get the manager sacked. That can't ever happen at City?....can it?

he should have been able to get close to that freekick.

as a goalkeeper you should stand in the middle of your goal, or close to the middle. that way, it will have to be a very good shot to beat you.

casillas in jan please.

BosnianDragon said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

He is great, just need an immage
Joe need to be involved in game more by verbally commanding deffence, screeming, waving, positioning defenders, building up the tension over and over again so deffence will be always ready. Need more freedom to be real "defense commander", saving the goal is not sufficent to take him to legend.

Well, that's sorted then.

ban-mcfc said:
he should have been able to get close to that freekick.

as a goalkeeper you should stand in the middle of your goal, or close to the middle. that way, it will have to be a very good shot to beat you.

casillas in jan please.

There's a reason he doesn't play for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.