joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
slick said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Big call to be made on joe by the manager. Will dropping him destroy his confidence even further or will it gee him up?

Hard to say without knowing hart intimately. But what I do know is that the lad is committed and intelligent.

I've seen English keepers dropped after a run of poor form who never come back properly. It's not that uncommon. I really wouldn't want that to happen.

It doesn't matter because any decision has to be what's best for the club and not the player.
If by dropping Joe it destroys his confidence then it shows he doesn't have what it takes to move to the next level, Joe's not a kid he's been on the block a while now.
Plus his confdence looks shot already if you ask me, it might do him a favour.
I agree the decision has to be in the interests of the club, but what I'm saying is that the long-term impact of giving joe a short,sharp,shock so to speak, might not be in the club's best interests.

He hasn't become a bad keeper overnight but, as is common with young goalies, his confidence is shot.

Fair play for defending him, but I just cannot agree. You're right, he hasn't become a bad keeper overnight; more so over the last 12 months I would suggest.

The interest's of the club? Or the interests of Joe Hart? Long term/short term -either way, his head seems to have gone, and right now someone else deserves their chance. Step forward Costel.

You have to drop him but in the same time get the press on our side. Easier to drop him now and club could tow the line of "we have taken him out the limelight with all the media coverage Joe is receiving and with a huge game for England coming up we did not feel that this was a good time for the media to derail him"

Behind closed doors comment of "fuck me this lad is coming a liability"

My first post, been a city fan for 20 years. I remember Tony Coton constantly saving points, even David James, but Joe is costing us. It's not a form thing, he was good at Birmigham on loan, but he's cost us so many points when it matters. We don't need to support him for England because we can't afford his mistakes any more. Brad Friedel at the least.

Ample times within this game (and others) I have seen our defenders split side to side to give Hart a short pass. Ample times I have seen him ignore this and just hoof it upfield, prior to him kicking I'm saying "straight to them".

The free kick at the weekend I could see he was too far over to his left leaving a gaping hole, he did the same tonight but the wall worked. Yes the wall is there for a reason but you cannot deny he was out of position.

Hard to decide what to change here as we only really have Pants but I won't wear any Hart goggles when he doesn't deserve it.

He has been praised and credit where credit is due, he / we also have to accept when it isn't goign right!

Not sure how true this is but 2 people (both unconnected to each other) have told me he's suffering from mild bouts of depression. Hope it's not true mind, but it can't be easy if you're face is in the public eye constantly and you're not well.

Folks keep saying "he hasn't become a bad Goalie overnight" For fuck sake, this has been a substandard form for over a year now. This is not overnight folks. It is beginning to look like the norm. By the way, many players have lost it and never gained it back. Torres is the most recent example. This shaite happens. Some lose it and never get back to their former best.

Sure, most keepers peak in their 30s. But this doesn't mean EVERY keeper will. Most Players peak in their mid to late 20s, but Freddy Adu was best at 18, downhill after. Bojan Krkic hasn't matched is exploits as a 17 year old. Simon Kjear is another example. Players who were fantastic when they were young but never reached their potential, or even starred but fizzled abound aplenty.

So this idea that it cannot happen to one of ours, is just hope.

Truth is "he very well could have become an average goalie overnight." He sure looks average now. Today, he is not the reason we lost. But a great goalie might have kept us in it. (Joe Hart of 3 years ago would have), the present Joe Hart is simply a run of the mill tender. Decent, but nothing special. No different from Allan Mcgregor, Julian Speloni or David Marshall.

He's going though a bad time for sure how exposed was he tonight though first one have a free shot Ribery how many have we seen him score like that and Clichy he didn't even know the guy was there for the second third one we fanny with the ball in midfield and they end up getting a free run at goal. Bayern were so much better than us it would have been difficult for any keeper even one in form which Joes not in at the moment I don't know whether it would be best to drop him or not that up to the manager,who incidentally needs to have a look at his performance tonight as well.

Len Rum said:
FFS I can't believe people are still trying to defend him on here.

I agree, it's almost a year since the Dortmund home game - his last great game in my opinion - and since then he has been on the decline.

We should stick with him until the end of the season to see how he fairs, but if he carries on he has to go. No striker could get away with the inconsistent form Joe has shown in the last year or so.

Pantillimon in net on Saturday though, time for Manuel to make a statement to Joe to say that his mistakes will only see him dropped or out of the door, that should keep him on his toes hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.