John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yankblue said:
If we don't get Eto'o or Terry the media is going to have a fucking field day, I don't know if I could take it.

No matter the circumstances, they will try and paint us as a laughing stock and a failure, no matter how untrue that may be.

You need a fuck em attitude. We had to take all the criticism when we were in division 2 so failing to land John Terry is hardly the worst thing we could be done for.

At an absolute bare minimum, we will have the following additions to the side

Barry
Santa Cruz
Lescott
Tevez

If any club in the world picked up these four, it would be seen as a good window.

Project said:
yankblue said:
If we don't get Eto'o or Terry the media is going to have a fucking field day, I don't know if I could take it.

No matter the circumstances, they will try and paint us as a laughing stock and a failure, no matter how untrue that may be.

You need a fuck em attitude. We had to take all the criticism when we were in division 2 so failing to land John Terry is hardly the worst thing we could be done for.

Barry
Santa Cruz
Lescott
Tevez

If any club in the world picked up these four, it would be seen as a good window.
if we do add lescott and tevez (dont think we,l get lescott personally) then as you say thats a great transfer window

Project said:
yankblue said:

Barry
Santa Cruz
Lescott
Tevez

I'd be happy if we got those four in, they won't get us into the top 4 next season but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

bluemoon32 said:
Project said:
yankblue said:

Barry
Santa Cruz
Lescott
Tevez

I'd be happy if we got those four in, they won't get us into the top 4 next season but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

agreed, but we have time yet, and there is always jan for a boost to our squad, not sure if it may be too late by then mind.

bluemoon32 said:
Project said:
yankblue said:

Barry
Santa Cruz
Lescott
Tevez

Why wouldnt they added to Robinho, SWP, Kompany, IRELAND, GIVEN, Petrov,De Jong, Bojinov, Zabaletta, Bridge, Elano, Bellamy I believe we have a very good squad and dont see why we cant push for top 4.

Lets all look at the positives not the negatives - Times are changing so should our outlook

Even if we only get those 4, it's perfectly fine for me. I always saw this as an initial 2 year project to get us into the top 4 reckoning. 2 years = 4 transfer windows x 4 quality players a time = 16 quality players in 2 years. This would form the nucleus of the club

Window 1
Robinho
SWP
Kompany
Zabaleta

Window 2

Given
Bridge
De Jong
Bellamy

Window 3
Lescott
Tevez
Barry
Santa Cruz

Window 4

Add to this the likes of Ireland, Onuoha, Richards, Johnson, Weiss and the first real squad that Mark Hughes could genuinely call his own looks promising. It should then be much easier to land the odd superstar. If we picked up 3 of them you'd have around 24 players. A mixture of youth, experience, solid players and the world class.

If Santa Cruz does a good season, the City can reach the Big Four. If Roque is the 2007 (with Hughes), the mission is possible.

Robinho and Tevez give me no doubt .

yankblue said:

on the terry transfer we can expect some sh*t to come our way, but on the eto'o deal we wont get hardly, WE pulled the plug plus SSN 1 of the media enterprises that seems to relish anything bad about city, had 1 paragraph on eto'o when the story broke. anyway i dont care if the media give us sh*t, its all laughable were showing mass ambition and they dont like it. and as for other fans ridiculing us thats a joke aswell there own clubs are clearly doing nothing so were the easy target.

Re the publicity on the Etoo situation and how it is viewed...

Yes the media will all jump on the - top players will not go to CITY - but that only last until we sign someone - if we announce Tevez on Monday / Tuesday - Etoo story is history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.