Joke thread

A young Arab boy asks his dad ‘What are you wearing on your head?’ The father said ‘Why, my son, it is a chichi. In the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun.’

‘And what is the long flowing robe you are wearing?’ asks the boy. ‘Oh, my son!’ exclaimed the father ‘It is very simple. This is a djbellah. As I have told you, in the desert it is not only very hot, but the sand is always blowing. My djbellah protects my entire body.’

The son then asked ‘But Father, what about those ugly shoes you have on your feet?’ ‘These are babouches my son, the father replied. ‘You must understand that although the desert sands are very beautiful, they are also extremely hot. These babouches keep us from burning our feet.’

The son then asks ‘What is that black tent that mum and my sister are wearing?’ ‘It’s called a burkha, it helps the hot desert sand from hitting the face and the body during a sandstorm.’

‘So tell me then….’ added the boy

‘Yes, my son….’

‘Why are we living in Bradford and still wearing this shit….?’

A young Arab boy asks his dad ‘What are you wearing on your head?’ The father said ‘Why, my son, it is a chichi. In the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun.’

‘And what is the long flowing robe you are wearing?’ asks the boy. ‘Oh, my son!’ exclaimed the father ‘It is very simple. This is a djbellah. As I have told you, in the desert it is not only very hot, but the sand is always blowing. My djbellah protects my entire body.’

The son then asked ‘But Father, what about those ugly shoes you have on your feet?’ ‘These are babouches my son, the father replied. ‘You must understand that although the desert sands are very beautiful, they are also extremely hot. These babouches keep us from burning our feet.’

The son then asks ‘What is that black tent that mum and my sister are wearing?’ ‘It’s called a burkha, it helps the hot desert sand from hitting the face and the body during a sandstorm.’

‘Yes, my son….’

Boris Johnson likes this joke.

‘Yes, my son….’

Find this a bit racist to be honest.

Find this a bit racist to be honest.

It actually reflects the view of many young second/third generation immigrants. It's all part of connecting with other races / cultures/religions etc, by relaxing and/or adapting styles and attitudes.
Do you still dress and act the same as your parents/grandparents did 30, 40, 50 years ago? Probably not. Times and attitudes change.

A lot of humour is meant to make people think, and frequently makes people uncomfortable. There was no intention of any form of racism in my post... It's just daft humour on a joke forum.

It actually reflects the view of many young second/third generation immigrants. It's all part of connecting with other races / cultures/religions etc, by relaxing and/or adapting styles and attitudes.
Do you still dress and act the same as your parents/grandparents did 30, 40, 50 years ago? Probably not. Times and attitudes change.

A lot of humour is meant to make people think, and frequently makes people uncomfortable. There was no intention of any form of racism in my post... It's just daft humour on a joke forum.
Not sure on that personally but everyones humour is different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.