Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he doesn’t want to join us or Bayern won’t sell? From what’s been said we have all the funds we need this summer and that’s without selling anyone
It doesn't have to be him, just that type of player.

Listening to Pep a few weeks ago he was saying the squad doesn't have a player who can go up and down the left and cross the ball in and it would hopefully be addressed in the summer.

I agree with him and that is the only position our squad doesn't really have.

The thing is with Davies is that his contract is up in 2024, so if he doesn't want to sign a new one, BM will probably have to sell this summer to get a decent price.

I really don't think it's smart to pass up on a talent like Gvardiol on the off chance that Callum is one of the ones who eventually breaks into our first team.

Loan him out again, maybe even to the Premier League if Coventry make it up, replace Laporte properly and then see where things stand in a year.

Ake will be 29 by then, Stones will be 30 and both have had their injury issues. He'll have gained even more experience and the squad will be well stocked in the short term without having to gamble with a kid's career.
I think if Gvardiol signs then there won't be room for Callum.
Everyone i've spoken too think he's as nailed as anyone on to make it, so why not bring him back in to further his education with us?

If Laporte leaves then we still have four senior CH's so the pressure is not on him to play, he can take a year learning.
If he's going up against Haaland and Alvarez plus the rest of the squad everyday in training, we'll soon find out if he's good enough.

The thing is with Davies is that his contract is up in 2024, so if he doesn't want to sign a new one, BM will probably have to sell this summer to get a decent price.
2025, according to transfermarkt

Davies was never going to leave. Bayern wouldn't allow it. They have developed him so much over the years. It's like us letting Foden go etc. Excited to see Gvardiol, the world's best young defensive prospect. We are truly blessed.

Davies was never going to leave. Bayern wouldn't allow it. They have developed him so much over the years. It's like us letting Foden go etc. Excited to see Gvardiol, the world's best young defensive prospect. We are truly blessed.
Never know. That extension/article is from 3 years ago. The player always has the final say.

If Laporte leaves then we still have four senior CH's so the pressure is not on him to play, he can take a year learning.

I would have agreed with this before February but it depends how long we'll persist with this current system in defence.

Four senior centre backs isn't many when we're starting three or four every game.

The article was from 3 years ago mate & things change. I understood he'd be entering the final year of his contract, but I reckon with willingness from the player to move, a big bid to Bayern & a deal regarding Cancelo might just get things moving.

It comes down to if we're interested & if the player wants a change of scenery. It's as highly unlikely, as it is probable. He's been rotated this season, even more so with the arrival of Cancelo.

Perhaps it's a deal that could potentially suit all parties if the prices are right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.