Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m for Laporte?

Would be like selling 10 pound notes for a fiver (and not the Mickey Thomas 10 pound notes).
Id be floored if he went for anymore. I don't subscribe to this idea that Txiki is clueless and can't sell but its just all the factors that are at play here.

He has had a few big injuries, is a Spanish international (so Real and Barca are priority), is on big wages, is not first choice at City and I think he has proven on more than one occasion that he can be a "sad face" if he needs to.

Barca and Real aren't putting 80m on the table and we aren't going to spite ourselves and hold out for some mystical figure.

Id be floored if he went for anymore. I don't subscribe to this idea that Txiki is clueless and can't sell but its just all the factors that are at play here.

He has had a few big injuries, is a Spanish international (so Real and Barca are priority), is on big wages, is not first choice at City and I think he has proven on more than one occasion that he can be a "sad face" if he needs to.

Barca and Real aren't putting 80m on the table and we aren't going to spite ourselves and hold out for some mystical figure.

Minimum of £40m imo or if it’s Barca then deals including players like Balde coming to us? Too many times we help Barca and it needs to stop

I very much doubt it will be 30 million for laporte. I'm leaning more towards 45ish

I admittedly do rate Laporte very highly, likely more highly than most on here, but there’s no way we’re selling a player like Laporte for 30m while we’re buying players like Phillips and Gomez for 45m and 15m. Just doesn’t add up, and I can’t remember him publicly saying that he wants out either, unlike others in the squad.

I accept that we could possibly sell him for less than his full value in order to stop him going somewhere we rather he didn’t, like the dippers or Chelsea, but even then I would think it would be well north of 30m. There are too many clubs out there with too much money for him to go for such a small fee, and he’d walk into the team at somewhere like PSG.

I admittedly do rate Laporte very highly, likely more highly than most on here, but there’s no way we’re selling a player like Laporte for 30m while we’re buying players like Phillips and Gomez for 45m and 15m. Just doesn’t add up, and I can’t remember him publicly saying that he wants out either, unlike others in the squad.

I accept that we could possibly sell him for less than his full value in order to stop him going somewhere we rather he didn’t, like the dippers or Chelsea, but even then I would think it would be well north of 30m. There are too many clubs out there with too much money for him to go for such a small fee, and he’d walk into the team at somewhere like PSG.
i think he ends up at one of the big Spanish teams personally for something around 45/50 million. Ive heard hes asked to leave because of playing time. Hes also one of the sulky players that pep gets on about. But i deffo agree he wont be sold for 30 million.

It whether City really does want the player that is the key. They decided Cucurella's fee was too steep.
Yeah but that’s more because Cucurella is actually a 30m defender whereas Gvardiol might grow into a 70/80m defender for a couple seasons to make the fee worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.