Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what Stones was to what he has become under Pep? Laporte was good but look at what we became under Pep? Gvardiol will be world class imo under Pep so no brainer.

Not being negative but it’s terms agreed with player but other clubs could have agreed those terms as well and then it’s down to negotiating a fee with his club along with any other interested parties..

When we signed Stones, he was poor 1v1, he just used to keep backing off until they were in the box and had scored. He was also prone to giving the ball away in build up trying to force line-breaking passes or getting caught in possession not releasing quick enough, he also lacked strength and could be bullied in the air.

Now he’s the best CB in the world and doesn’t have any of the weaknesses I mentioned above. And more than that, he’s elite at the things he used to be weak at.

So I don’t care if Gvardiol has some weaknesses at 21 years of age. All that matters is he has to tools to work with and an appetite to learn. Pep will do the rest.
Bravo....

Not being negative but it’s terms agreed with player but other clubs could have agreed those terms as well and then it’s down to negotiating a fee with his club along with any other interested parties..

Well yeah that's what it seems like has happened with Bellingham.

Agreeing personal terms doesn't mean a whole lot right now.

Honestly not sure what I think of him as a player as all I've really seen are the games against us and when Messi ripped him apart.

Obviously you can't base everything on those examples as he's clearly very highly thought of. If we're after him as a first choice signing then I'll just be trusting those making the decisions and glad if we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.