Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

richards30 said:
Dribble said:
We need both Mata AND Nasri! And I wouldnt mind Sneijder or Modric on top of that! We'd be like a Mancunian Barca or am I being greedy?
i think nasri and mata would be possible mate??? just worry what it would mean for aj in the long run!!!

Impact Sub! Which is about right at this stage of his development

Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:
Dribble said:
We need both Mata AND Nasri! And I wouldnt mind Sneijder or Modric on top of that! We'd be like a Mancunian Barca or am I being greedy?
i think nasri and mata would be possible mate??? just worry what it would mean for aj in the long run!!!

would aj settle for that though mate??? how can he develop more if he doesnt play as much? same with dzeko? he cant adjust properly playing 5 mins every now and then!!!

I cannot believe some of the shit I read on this forum.

Buying Nasri, Modric, Mata and Snider(sp), about 110m of transfer fees and each on about 150k - 200k a week... Oh year what about Dejong, Barry, Milner, AJ, Silva... Schools broke up or something?

richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:

would aj settle for that though mate??? how can he develop more if he doesnt play as much? same with dzeko? he cant adjust properly playing 5 mins every now and then!!!

I dont know, perhaps training with better players will help his game, also proper competition for his place will help as I dont see SWP or Milner (not a winger) pushing him for that role. Some players e.g. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were impact subs and were happy with that. Mancini in my opinion has called this 100% correct and was right when he made his comments about the player in the first half of last season. Unfortunately its an attitude/mind set thing as well as skill and ability. He could be a fanatastic player but thats up to him<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am --<br /><br />
lmjones1uk said:

Buying Nasri, Modric, Mata and Snider(sp), about 110m of transfer fees and each on about 150k - 200k a week... Oh year what about Dejong, Barry, Milner, AJ, Silva... Schools broke up or something?

So it's ok for Real, Barca etc to have squads with quality running right through it but not us! Did I miss something around end of January the whole of March and the first week of April when we were poor due to injuries to De Jong, Silva and AJ! We need cover for Silva or a playmaker for the middle and a rightsided attacking midfielder so 2 from the above is acceptable and definetly needed but I agree 4 is too much.

richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:

It's tough at the top mate and if AJ's good enough, he'll make it. We've got the Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup & Internationals too. Add injuries, suspensions, loss of form & players needing a rest, I reckon the likes of AJ, Milner, Barry, Lescott, Kolarov, Dzeko et al will get more than enough deserved playing time. If they want to be considered first choice players, the opportunities will present themselves for all players to stake a claim which will only benefit the team more. The ball's in their collective court and it's up to them to take advantage of their opportunities.

We need to strengthen our gene pool of 1st team and EDS players and there's no better way to achieve this than by getting rid of the dross and replacing them with world-class players like Mata, Nasri, Sneijder, Modric, Sanchez etc. Get them in first and then let them fight it out amongst themselves to reign supreme.

With this Junior Champions League competition (or whatever its called) coming on stream in the coming season, getting & bringing through likes of Niang (if we can get him) and others like him will increase the quality of our EDS gene pool which will be further increased in quality by them having to play against the best youngsters in Europe and possibly forming the basis of our League Cup team.

We're moving in the right direction and if what I'm hearing from the club begins to bear fruit, we'll become a formidable force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future.

Just imagine:
Hart
Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
NDJ - Yaya
Mata - Silva - Nasri
Tevez

We are just 3 very attainable players off that line-up and if we were to get one of Sneijder, Modric, Sanchez could you imagine the strength of our bench and the strength of any team we could put out in any competition? :-)

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 am --

lmjones1uk said:

Is it day release from your psychiatric unit today? Don't forget to take your tablets too, we wouldn't want you to start licking your monitor screen.............. AGAIN!!! :-)

Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:

I dont know, perhaps training with better players will help his game, also proper competition for his place will help as I dont see SWP or Milner (not a winger) pushing him for that role. Some players e.g. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were impact subs and were happy with that. Mancini in my opinion has called this 100% correct and was right when he made his comments about the player in the first half of last season. Unfortunately its an attitude/mind set thing as well as skill and ability. He could be a fanatastic player but thats up to him

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am --

lmjones1uk said:

So it's ok for Real, Barca etc to have squads with quality running right through it but not us! Did I miss something around end of January the whole of March and the first week of April when we were poor due to injuries to De Jong, Silva and AJ! We need cover for Silva or a playmaker for the middle and a rightsided attacking midfielder so 2 from the above is acceptable and definetly needed but I agree 4 is too much.

Put the joystick down fella, this ain't FIFA.

Nasri & Cerci are the players that will compete with AJ and offer cover for Silva. As for DeJong none of them players you mentioned play the same roll as Dejong, cover for DeJong can be taken from within our own squad already.

We can't buy everyone.

Modric will go to Chelsea or rags. Snijder is going no where he's inters bet player and wants over 200k a week anyway. Both the player and club have confirmed this.

Nasri is in play and a possibility but by no means certain.

Mata is wanted by arsenal as nasri / fabragas replacement. Liverpool also want him. He could be an option for us as well depending on nasri and or other targets, we haven't been linked with him really thus far though.

lmjones1uk said:
Mad 4 It said:
richards30 said:

I dont know, perhaps training with better players will help his game, also proper competition for his place will help as I dont see SWP or Milner (not a winger) pushing him for that role. Some players e.g. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were impact subs and were happy with that. Mancini in my opinion has called this 100% correct and was right when he made his comments about the player in the first half of last season. Unfortunately its an attitude/mind set thing as well as skill and ability. He could be a fanatastic player but thats up to him

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am --

lmjones1uk said:

Put the joystick down fella, this ain't FIFA.

Nasri & Cerci are the players that will compete with AJ and offer cover for Silva. As for DeJong none of them players you mentioned play the same roll as Dejong, cover for DeJong can be taken from within our own squad already.

We can't buy everyone.
If anyone sounds like a child on here, it's you the 'Internet Warlord Supreme'

Give it a rest fella, we bought 6 top-class players last season, we have a load of dross to get rid of (possibly 12 players), so what do suggest we do:

A. Keep the dross?
B. Replace dross for dross?
C. Use our considerable wealth & replace the dross with world class players?

You sound like you're still hankering for the days Conlon, Frontzek, Morrison, Corradi et al!!

Dribble said:
richards30 said:
Mad 4 It said:
It's tough at the top mate and if AJ's good enough, he'll make it. We've got the Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup & Internationals too. Add injuries, suspensions, loss of form & players needing a rest, I reckon the likes of AJ, Milner, Barry, Lescott, Kolarov, Dzeko et al will get more than enough deserved playing time. If they want to be considered first choice players, the opportunities will present themselves for all players to stake a claim which will only benefit the team more. The ball's in their collective court and it's up to them to take advantage of their opportunities.

We need to strengthen our gene pool of 1st team and EDS players and there's no better way to achieve this than by getting rid of the dross and replacing them with world-class players like Mata, Nasri, Sneijder, Modric, Sanchez etc. Get them in first and then let them fight it out amongst themselves to reign supreme.

With this Junior Champions League competition (or whatever its called) coming on stream in the coming season, getting & bringing through likes of Niang (if we can get him) and others like him will increase the quality of our EDS gene pool which will be further increased in quality by them having to play against the best youngsters in Europe and possibly forming the basis of our League Cup team.

We're moving in the right direction and if what I'm hearing from the club begins to bear fruit, we'll become a formidable force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future.

Just imagine:
Hart
Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
NDJ - Yaya
Mata - Silva - Nasri
Tevez

We are just 3 very attainable players off that line-up and if we were to get one of Sneijder, Modric, Sanchez could you imagine the strength of our bench and the strength of any team we could put out in any competition? :-)

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 am --

lmjones1uk said:

Is it day release from your psychiatric unit today? Don't forget to take your tablets too, we wouldn't want you to start licking your monitor screen.............. AGAIN!!! :-)
i know mate it is breathtaking how far we have come in 2 years!! i think thats what alot of us want now is just 2-3 more solid top class signings at the right age and we are set for years to come and to grow together as a team and a force across europe as well as at home.

Well, dribble has the right user name because he's talking it. Have you never heard of FFPR? Also, have you not bothered to count our squad numbers?

Why would we buy 4 attacking midfielders, to add to what we already have, for £110m and at least £600k/week in wages. Add to that they are all going to want to play 1st team.

We are probably going to get a cheap squad player (Cerci), a (cheapish) first teamer (Nasri) and we may/should be looking at a striker/inside forward who can play across the front three to add to Balo & Tevez (Dzeko is only ever going to be a front man not an inside forward). This lot will be about £27m (+ a striker) - wages probably £270k/week (+striker wages).

Fwds - Dzeko, Tevez, Balo, ANother - 3 of which can play anywhere in the 3 AM positions (I assume).

4 AMs - Cerci, Nasri, Silva, AJ

In total 7 players for 3 positions (or 8 for 4 if you include CF as Dzeko), any more is ridiculous. We've even got Milner who can fill in for an emergency in the AM 3 positions if needed.

I must admit I'd like to see Mata here if we weren't to sign a CF/AM player.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.