Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

@Dribble

Seems to me the consensus of the other posters think you are talking Drivel!

I'll entertain your argument though.

Can you list:

The players you would sell
The players you would buy

I'm interested in seeing this!

Also Andy Morrison is a cult hero, can't believe you are associating his name with Corradi! Are you one of these 'new' City fans?!

lmjones1uk said:
@Dribble

Can you list:

Also Andy Morrison is a cult hero, can't believe you are associating his name with Corradi! Are you one of these 'new' City fans?!
Andy Morrison was great for us when we were in Division 1, but I suppose you're the type who'd allow sentiment to get in the way of progress because it'll give you a warm familiar glow inside. OK here goes:

Sell (Including those who've already gone):

Logan
Vidal
SWP
Onuoha
Bridge
Bellamy
Caicedo
Santa Cruz
Jo
Adebayor
Given

Possible Departures
Boateng
Weiss (loan)
Michael Johnson (Loan)

Buy:
Clichy
Mata
Nasri
Aguero
1 from Sneijder/Modric
If Boateng goes Savic

Now considering that most of these players may be available and considering the income and wage saving of the departures, I'm sure the above doesn't look to bad to us ambitious types and is certainly attainable.

We've got the Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup & Internationals to deal with. With injuries, suspensions, loss of form & players needing a rest, we need a quality squad if we are to compete on four fronts next season which is an ambition befitting of the so called 'world's richest football club'... or have you forgotten what happened to us squad-wise in February, March, April and May 2011?

The 'consensus' you talk of amounts to about 3 posters including yourself! You talk about school kids posting on here or Johnny come lately's which I find amusing seeing as I've been supporting Manchester City since I was 7 years old & the next milestone in my life is retirement!!

As I stated, we need to improve the quality of our squad's gene pool and what I'm suggesting is evolution not a revolution, now hopefully you can get your head around that................. after you've finished licking your screen monitor! Again!

PS: Don't forget to take your medication, it sounds like it's beginning to wear off!! :-)

Dribble said:
lmjones1uk said:
@Dribble

Can you list:

Andy Morrison was great for us when we were in Division 1, but I suppose you're the type who'd allow sentiment to get in the way of progress because it'll give you a warm familiar glow inside. OK here goes:

Logan
Vidal
SWP
Onuoha
Bridge
Bellamy
Caicedo
Santa Cruz
Jo
Adebayor
Given

Possible Departures
Boateng
Weiss (loan)
Michael Johnson (Loan)

Buy:
Clichy
Mata
Nasri
Aguero
1 from Sneijder/Modric
If Boateng goes Savic

Now considering that most of these players may be available and considering the income and wage saving of the departures, I'm sure the above doesn't look to bad to us ambitious types and is certainly attainable.

We've got the Premiership, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup & Internationals to deal with. With injuries, suspensions, loss of form & players needing a rest, we need a quality squad if we are to compete on four fronts next season which is an ambition befitting of the so called 'world's richest football club'... or have you forgotten what happened to us squad-wise in February, March, April and May 2011?

The 'consensus' you talk of amounts to about 3 posters including yourself! You talk about school kids posting on here or Johnny come lately's which I find amusing seeing as I've been supporting Manchester City since I was 7 years old & the next milestone in my life is retirement!!

As I stated, we need to improve the quality of our squad's gene pool and what I'm suggesting is evolution not a revolution, now hopefully you can get your head around that................. after you've finished licking your screen monitor! Again!

PS: Don't forget to take your medication, it sounds like it's beginning to wear off!! :-)

I wouldn't argue with the departures list but you now have a problem of too many first teamers spending most of the time on the bench and whether it's healthy having 27-40m players sitting on the bench, economically and with regards to players development.

Dejong, Yaya, Silva, AJ, Barry, Nasri, mata, modric / Snieder(sp), Milner all need to fit into midfield but someones gonna miss out.

Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Augero need to fit into attack - if we are playing with a front three then you can include Nasri, Silva and AJ into that list also.

Remember this team won us the FA cup and came joint second, they need a preseason and a couple of squad tweaks not half a dozen super star players.

I hope that you are not fickle enough to dump Dzeko after half a season and would give him the benefit of another season to develop.

If we get Nasri we dont need either of those other players, bare in mind also that Yaya (one of the best players in the league last year) would be relegated from an attacking position to accommodate mata etc , therefore making him less effecting and taking a gamble on someone who has never played in the Prem.

Also, if you are as old as you say you are curb the childish insults.

Finally your point re: Morrison is moot. He is a cult hero for what he did for us, it has nothing to do where we are now and the quality of players we have now.

lmjones1uk said:
Dribble said:
lmjones1uk said:
@Dribble

Can you list:

Logan
Vidal
SWP
Onuoha
Bridge
Bellamy
Caicedo
Santa Cruz
Jo
Adebayor
Given

Possible Departures
Boateng
Weiss (loan)
Michael Johnson (Loan)

Buy:
Clichy
Mata
Nasri
Aguero
1 from Sneijder/Modric
If Boateng goes Savic

I wouldn't argue with the departures list but you now have a problem of too many first teamers spending most of the time on the bench and whether it's healthy having 27-40m players sitting on the bench, economically and with regards to players development.

Dejong, Yaya, Silva, AJ, Barry, Nasri, mata, modric / Snieder(sp), Milner all need to fit into midfield but someones gonna miss out.

Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Augero need to fit into attack - if we are playing with a front three then you can include Nasri, Silva and AJ into that list also.

Remember this team won us the FA cup and came joint second, they need a preseason and a couple of squad tweaks not half a dozen super star players.

I hope that you are not fickle enough to dump Dzeko after half a season and would give him the benefit of another season to develop.

If we get Nasri we dont need either of those other players, bare in mind also that Yaya (one of the best players in the league last year) would be relegated from an attacking position to accommodate mata etc , therefore making him less effecting and taking a gamble on someone who has never played in the Prem.

Also, if you are as old as you say you are curb the childish insults.

Finally your point re: Morrison is moot. He is a cult hero for what he did for us, it has nothing to do where we are now and the quality of players we have now.

Before you call anyone childish, remember what you typed at 10:56 this morning in response to a post from Mad 4 it and richards30:

lmjones1uk said:
I cannot believe some of the shit I read on this forum.

Buying Nasri, Modric, Mata and Snider(sp), about 110m of transfer fees and each on about 150k - 200k a week... Oh year what about Dejong, Barry, Milner, AJ, Silva... Schools broke up or something?

I am quite happy to deal with you any way you want fella! We were having a respectful debate before you waded in & started throwing unnecessary insults. If you have a point to make, make it and pack it the fuck in with the 'childish' insults!!!!

Now I've got that out of the way, I shall address your points:

lmjones1uk said:
'I wouldn't argue with the departures list but you now have a problem of too many first teamers spending most of the time on the bench and whether it's healthy having 27-40m players sitting on the bench, economically and with regards to players development.

Dejong, Yaya, Silva, AJ, Barry, Nasri, mata, modric / Snieder(sp), Milner all need to fit into midfield but someones gonna miss out.'

As I said, we will hopefully be fighting on all four fronts next season and taking this into account ESPECIALLY if we can rid ourselves of the deadwood as outlined in my post, I honestly believe if anything we'll be cutting it very fine squad numbers wise!!

The whole point of someone missing out is the reason why every top side has a high quality squad AND uses it; it's called squad rotation which was something we couldn't do effectively enough when we needed it between February-May. What wouldn't we have given to have had even 3 of those players from my 'Buy' list then?

lmjones1uk said:

I am well aware that only 11 players can take to the field at any one time with 3 players coming on as substitutes. So what happens next season if we find ourselves having to play 15 games in 45 days as we did earlier this year and we haven't got world-class replacements to fall back on? It's not the 1st 11 that's the issue, the issue is what we have in reserve.

As Mancio said 'Man Utd can play one team in the Champions League against Shalke on a Wednesday and play a completely different team the following Sunday for the Championship decider against Chelsea which is something that as it stands, we can only dream of.'

lmjones1uk said:

Who said anything about dumping Dzeko? Certainly not me as I believe he will come good with a good pre-season behind him especially after getting over the initial shock of what is the Barclays Premier League....

lmjones1uk said:

In my mind Yaya is much much more than an attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder. It was 5-6 years ago that I first saw Yaya in a pre-season friendly at CoMS when we played Olympiakos. I recall seeing this majestic figure who stood head & shoulders above everybody else in height and in performance levels.

I recall rushing home after the match & checking up on him and being shocked to find that Olympiakos had just paid Beveren of Belgium £1m for him!! I also recall praying that Pearce had seen what I & all the others around me had seen that day & would double what Olympiakos paid for him & immediately bring him to City, but alas all we got was Dickov on a free!!

Yaya is a box to box player and is intelligent enough to know when to attack and when to stay put. Yaya playing in the advanced position he did last season showed the lack of quality that Mancini had to fall back on, hence the need for more creative players so we can play a more expansive brand of football this season with strength in depth.

lmjones1uk said:

Which top four premiership team can you recall straining themselves to bid for Morrison? Yes he was a legend for us when we were down and on our way back, but a team of our potential should have never been in Divisions one & two in the first place!! Morrison was what we needed at that time in our history & I'll always respect him for that as I will Dickov for that legendary Wembley goal, but for me I'm afraid, that's as far as it goes. It pained me watching the scum doing the treble whilst we were relying on journeyman footballers to do our bidding for us.

That was then, this is now so hopefully it's onwards and upwards from hereon in.

Valencia sign Pablo Piatti from Almeria. A quality winger,
What does it say about Juan Mata now?

Wouldnt read to much into it mate... could be they just want to strengthen their squad. But I do greatly admire Mata, he'd be fantastic for our team

okstate99 said:
Via Twitter

Graham Hunter
I've had it confirmed to me that more than one EPL club is negotiating to buy Juan Mata #JuanMata

Apparently, Arsenal and Liverpool?

Nasri replacement?
if we get him, then it would make us stronger as he's more suited as a left winger than nasri for us

gooneyrovski said:
okstate99 said:
Via Twitter

Graham Hunter
I've had it confirmed to me that more than one EPL club is negotiating to buy Juan Mata #JuanMata

Nasri replacement?
if we get him, then it would make us stronger as he's more suited as a left winger than nasri for us

For me, Arsenal's problem is their poor defence, lack of leaders & average GK's (all the young kid is a good prospect).

vincent said:
gooneyrovski said:
okstate99 said:
Via Twitter

Nasri replacement?

For me, Arsenal's problem is their poor defence, lack of leaders & average GK's (all the young kid is a good prospect).
and our attack

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.