Keir Starmer

The age of the lad isn't and shouldn't be an issue

It is whether it is good that for 2 decades nearly all politicians are careerist ones straight out of uni and a internship or job with big business or in the parliamentary bubble itself not many are being brpught through outside certain sectors.

Mercer was talking absolute bollocks that a 25 year old cannot be life experienced to work the job, it is whether they be it 20 or 60 years of afe actually know and understand the state of Britain and it's citizens and most in westminster, be it boomer Gen X, millenial or Gen Z seem to be clueless

and Starmer has been awful when it comes to local candidates who have worked and lived in the community being put up, blocking their right to stand in selections.

we seem to be on an endless cycle of producing the same standard of MPs with little to show between them and no empathy for the common man, woman or child.
Tony Blair Foundation churning lots of these young and new MP candidates.

I'm all for youth shaking up the establishment. I did the same in my union and see the next one's coming through doing likewise.

However listening to the blairite clones selected I can't see many rebels in the ranks.

I think the majority agree we need a total political overhaul to reflect the needs of the electorate. The only way that could happen would be mass organisation, regardless of political persuasion to get a party to adopt it and put it in place. However we're all so far in our boxes no one wants to hand out an olive branch to an political opponent to get it done.

Last edited:
Starmers flip flopping on green issues show he is about short term gains for him not the long term future of the nation.

All about votes and power

Last edited:
Seems a shame from an outside view that Labour seem to be shooting themselves in the foot when they are on the cusp of finally getting into power.
Is Starmer really as bad as this thread makes out?

Seems a shame from an outside view that Labour seem to be shooting themselves in the foot when they are on the cusp of finally getting into power.
Imagine if someone set fire to your house. Sunak would be the arsonist, Starmer would be the one stood there with a pail of water, just the one.

He might even use it once he has told you that his father was a toolmaker and can you cough up some dosh as big water companies need growth.

You wrote

"Families can have as many kids as they want, just don’t expect the tax payer to fund them."

My post about my family showed that the tax payer funding of children works and my family has paid back in tax what it received probably a hundred fold if not more. Tax payer funding of children is actually investment in the future, it helps produce better educated more rounded units of production, that are economically successful. Success should not be the preserve of the owners of capital, aspiration should be for everyone and if child welfare helps then it should be given to every child not just to the first two born. If such a cap was around when my nan and grandad were having their families my family would have been much poorer than they were and less likely to succeed. My family would have remained in the poverty trap, they would have been less educated and less productive meaning my cousins life chances would also have diminished
Government policy is and always has been, based on a one size fits all.
If each and every policy was based on an examination of how it affects individual families and why it shouldn’t apply to them nothing would get changed.
It appears that Labour will follow the Tories and leave the rule in place.
Of course I could trawl back through Google and see what Labour had to say when it was introduced, I am fairly sure they would have vehemently opposed it,but when the reality of power begins to kick in they realised they cannot afford to re introduce it.

I don’t think so.
He just happens to be a realist and those on the left find this just too difficult to cope with.
If and when, he becomes PM he will end up with more grief from within his party than from the Opposition.

Government policy is and always has been, based on a one size fits all.
If each and every policy was based on an examination of how it affects individual families and why it shouldn’t apply to them nothing would get changed.
It appears that Labour will follow the Tories and leave the rule in place.
Of course I could trawl back through Google and see what Labour had to say when it was introduced, I am fairly sure they would have vehemently opposed it,but when the reality of power begins to kick in they realised they cannot afford to re introduce it.
I expect they'll abolish it at some point - reducing child poverty will be a key aim, and once they have a bit more control of the finances, it'll be a 'relatively' cheap way to do this.

Right now, you won't get them to agree to anything that could appear on a Tory election leaflet as extra spending - particularly on welfare benefits.

Under his leadership Labour have just overturned the biggest ever majority at a by-election on record and are on track to cruise to a general election victory. While there isn't quite the euphoria of 1997 it's not far off.

Considering the car crash experiment of his predecessor I think he's doing an amazing job. Rachel Reeves needs to be given a lot of credit too. We need some actual sensible adults in the two great offices of state, given the wreck our economy is at the moment.

The caveat being my personal politics are towards the centre of centre-left and I haven't really felt any party have represented my views in recent years. I'll be proud to vote Labour in the next election under Starmer.

He's going to make an excellent PM.

Yes there's a lot of whinging from the nutters on the far left that he's not trying to do batshit stupid stuff like nationalise the internet (an actual Corbyn policy) but those people can go and join George Galloway in Russia or vote for the communist party.

Last edited:
I expect they'll abolish it at some point - reducing child poverty will be a key aim, and once they have a bit more control of the finances, it'll be a 'relatively' cheap way to do this.

Right now, you won't get them to agree to anything that could appear on a Tory election leaflet as extra spending - particularly on welfare benefits.
With more and more demands on the State and expectations running high control of the finances and keeping the markets calm is going to be a massive juggling act

Under his leadership Labour have just overturned the biggest ever majority at a by-election on record are on track to cruise to a general election victory. While there isn't quite the euphoria of 1997 it's not far off.

Considering the car crash experiment of his predecessor I think he's doing an amazing job. Rachel Reeves needs to be given a lot of credit too. We need some actual sensible adults in the two great offices of state, given the wreck our economy is at the moment.

The caveat being my personal politics are towards the centre of centre-left and I haven't really felt any party have represented my views in recent years. I'll be proud to vote Labour in the next election under Starmer.

He's going to make an excellent PM.

Yes there's a lot of whinging from the nutters on the far left that he's not trying to do batshit stupid stuff like nationalise the internet (an actual Corbyn policy) but those people can go and join George Galloway in Russia or vote for the communist party.
A very sensible post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.