Keir Starmer

Getting rid of the Lords is fine but if it ever happens it will just be replaced by an elected chamber which means more pocket lining by politicians.

It's certainly very easy to screw it up completely. Rushing into it will be far worse than leaving it - they could start by just adjusting the numbers downwards to thin those taking the money.

I like the idea of having an amount of representatives per region, but also want some old hands (diplomats, military, even politicians) and experts available to point out the most stupid ideas.

It's certainly very easy to screw it up completely. Rushing into it will be far worse than leaving it - they could start by just adjusting the numbers downwards to thin those taking the money.

I like the idea of having an amount of representatives per region, but also want some old hands (diplomats, military, even politicians) and experts available to point out the most stupid ideas.
It should be an expertise chamber with part time contribution. Whether it be health defence etc... People who work or have worked in those services should be giving their views on govt policy. Every level in the organisation should be represented.

As often I catch up a week late with the Guardian, but I enjoyed this from last Saturday.

“There might not be much in it between Rishi and Starmer, but then voters look over their shoulders at who heads a rabble of mad bastards.”

Conclusion is to deny the Tories ant target: "What evidence might show that Starmer was actually good at his job? How would politics look if he had a plan and it was working? It would look as it does".

Other nations have no problems arranging a functional second chamber. Why do we always have to be terrific and unique? Don't waste time reinventing the wheel. Simply look at other models, pick one and impose it. By the way, the Parliament Act can be used if the present Lords kick-off. Easy peasy, especially when implementing a manifesto commitment.

About time both Labour and the country had a sensible leader they can get behind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.