Ketogenic Diet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr Jacoby, 1 Mar 2018.

1. better dead than red

better dead than red

I do Orange Theory Fitness 3x week I've had no issue. The first week or so I felt a little weaker than usual on the tower but that's all.

2. Jordie

Jordie

I wish I could go 7 weeks haha, going to Bournemouth this weekend. Driving down Saturday and coming back Monday with my pal who is a serious pisshead, he will probably tell you I am as well. Even though I am away for the weekend I am confident I can stay on track with the food but I can't go on all dayers drinking red wine now can I.

Mada-MCFC-adaM likes this.
  3. better dead than red

better dead than red

Try hard seltzers they are similar to beer in ABV, usually 4.5-5.5% and 2 carbs per tin.

4. Mada-MCFC-adaM

Mada-MCFC-adaM

I've found this latest 7 weeks a piece of piss. I think it may be because I felt a bit shitty being out of keto for 2 weeks. I'm just a bit concerned about getting a taste for beer again.

Like fuck you can session on red wine. Well, unless you're an animal.

I'll be watching the match in the pub having a gathering with mates we've not seen for a while. I might just go for it with the beer, I'll get back into keto pretty rapidly if I do.

Enjoy Bournemouth.

5. Groke

Groke

I've seen bottles of 'Skinny' lager sold in a few pubs / bars - low carb beer that tastes ok

6. theinvisibleman

theinvisibleman

I have been lurking on this thread for a couple of months now and finally decided to give it a go about three weeks ago. Not in a particularly organised way just cutting out spuds, beer and bread.Even with a couple of lapses I have managed to lose ten pounds. I have also discovered you can do a session on gin and slimline tonic!

7. Mada-MCFC-adaM

Mada-MCFC-adaM

I'll keep a look out mate, cheers.

I'm also not too sure about these kinda beers for me personally. I think if I'm going to have cheat days on the beer then I'm going to go all in and indulge in my favourites - Staropramen, Hop House 13 etc.
    If they can make low carb beers taste like these then I'm game.

8. Jordie

Jordie

I haven't tried these but can't imagine they would be my thing, probably too sweet. Like Adam says give me something beer tasting on draught that is low carb and I would be a happy man ;-)

9. Jordie

Jordie

Football and beer, they just go hand in hand, always have done. Home games I can be good but aways, there's no chance. So, I have resigned myself to the fact that next week is going to be me recovering and trying to get back into Ketosis. I've only been doing this for a couple of months so it will take me longer than you to get there but get there I will.

10. better dead than red

better dead than red

I didn't think I would either. The ones I have had have a mild fruit flavour. Some probably are sweet.

I get what you are saying. I very much enjoy beer too. You could get Michelob Ultra, 2 carbs a bottle. It's not what you likely enjoy but it's "beer".

I've also been drinking vodka with club soda and lime.