Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure Silva is naturally more suited to play between the lines. But that wasnt my point. The whole point was to see KdB's performance from overall perspective - not to compare with Silva individually. The point in bold: so far, this season, there has been no evidence to support your claim. We are not talking potential here, which is a subjective opinion. Stones is still getting to grips with moving forward and his passing is still lacking the bite that Kolarov has shown so far. Kolarov's passes between the lines show such zip, nobody even comes close. Of course KdB is not a natural between the lines. But, movement and passing decisions in his side of the pitch havent helped either.
P.S: Not trying to turn this into a Stones v Kolarov thread. But:
Passes per game:
Stones 60
Kolarov 48

Pass Completion:
Stones: 91%
Kolarov: 87%

Accurate Long balls per game:
Stones: 2.3
Kolarov: 2.3

Inacurrate Long balls per game:
Stones: 2.7
Kolarov: 3.3

Accurate short passes per game:
Stones: 52.3
Kolarov:39.3

Inaccurate shot passes per game:
Stones: 2.3
Kolarov: 2.7

No evidence?

I do think there's a scruff of the neck player in there, but he hasn't quite found it yet.

There's another level to him which I hope Pep gets out of him.

This all day. He has great vision at times and a great shot and set piece delivery but often disappears in games and gives the ball away a lot. Sometimes it is like he plays within himself almost. Hopefully he will iron out his faults and move on to the next level.

The free kick to Dihno alone was awe inspiring to say the least. I have watched a lot of football in my time, and few things make me drop my glass. I froze watching the swerve on that ball. KDB is immense!!!
Exactly - I don't understand those who cannot see what he brings to team. You will not go very far having a team made up of similar players. Watch him go when he has Gundogan giving him the ball quicker and, in front of him. With a bit of space, there are not many better passers of the ball in world football - hugely underrated in my opinion.

Bad example. IMO, given the full power, Pep would have booted mr. Big Mouth out immediately. But Bayern board would never allow it even if they (hypothetically) wanted to - they are hostages of the press, fans and club's 'pure German way' image.
Pep has no any visible restrictions here. Big difference.

Or victims of success - you just do not get rid of a player that is essential.

That are the goals and assists during Pep's time in Germany...

tlx9lv6n.png

In this time he often did not play Müller on the best position or in the best way possible... That graphic does not take in account that Müller has a high percentage of winning goals or assists...

-------------------

And I could imagine that it is the same with de Bruyne. Leaving out Müller never brought very much luck...

I still believe he had a good enough game against West Ham, he was charging back near enough playing RB whilst Zab was still up field. Think if he scored that chance everyone would be saying how great he was tbh.

I think we're all going to have to accept that his game is most likely to change in this system. Under MP he was practically playing as a second striker.

I still believe he had a good enough game against West Ham, he was charging back near enough playing RB whilst Zab was still up field. Think if he scored that chance everyone would be saying how great he was tbh.

I think we're all going to have to accept that his game is most likely to change in this system. Under MP he was practically playing as a second striker.
Long overdue a goal now is the time to lump on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.