Kia Joorabchian; "Garry Cook thinks he is bigger than Tevez"

Just the fact that this tosser has gone to The Sun is worthy of death by stoning.

Kia, Carlos and whoever else hangs on to you - A simple message from me:

FUCK OFF FROM OUR CLUB

Whatever your views on Garry Cook, no player, agent or any other stain should be allowed to challenge our CEO. That is Khaldoon's job. Period.

Interesting parallels between Thaksin's takeover and the row between Alastair Mackintosh and Jerome Anderson.

As most people know, Anderson put the deals together that brought players like Elano, Petrov, Geovanni, Corluka, etc. He was also of the opinion that Mackintosh was a useless, self-serving idiot (which was entirely correct).

Anderson had Thaksin's ear and other people had told Thaksin this as well so AM tried to get the Liverpool CEO job, as Rick Parry was on his way out. Hicks & Gillett were tempted and quietly asked around people in the football world to get their opinion. Sadly for AM, one of the people they asked was Jerome Anderson.

This whole Joorabchian/Cook thing sounds like "dying wasp" syndrome. We've faced him down and he doesn't like it, so wants to take his ball home. Unfortunately his ball is Tevez but he doesn't seem to have thought it through very well.

This is complete horse shit.

What possible promises would the club specifically make to one handsomely paid player? He wasn't happy that we didn't qualify for the Champions League? Well no sh!t sherlock. Neither were the fans but we didn't have a £250K a week comfort cushion to fall back on.

P!ss on this turd and get a player in that plays for the team, not himself.

Damocles said:
zeven said:
I trust Cook 100 per cent.

This. One of these is an Iranian businessman who has consistently messed clubs around, and the other is our CEO who works everyday to make our club better. This shouldn't really be an issue of taking sides, there's only one side; Cook's.

Yeah and you can't trust those pesky Iranians can you, empire building twunts!

Cook thinks he's bigger than Carlos?

I think Kia must think that no City fan has ever met, or been in the company of Garry before.

Anyone that has will realise just how down to earth, easy going, and how totally passionate about our club he is.

Kia, do me a favour and fuck off away from our club.

I think we should also remember that 6 months ago City took a position with agents and agents fees (you may remember I let you all know on here ;-) ) that has saved several millions of pounds already and has been estimated to save over £50m in a 3 year period based on the high levels of the start of Thaksin and SM's tenures.

Added to that is the fact that City have made huge leaps in scouting and relationship building that has removed the need for a Kia or Jerome.

Finally there has been at least one player that City have refused to negotiate for based on who his agent is.

One of the main forces in this of course is Cook.

What Kia failed to realise is that Cook is very highly regarded by Khaldoon and HH.
Kia expected Cook was the weak link but in fact he is one of the strongest.

The car salesman failed in one very important aspect and forgot that "people buy from people they like".

Nevertheless Tévez had wanted to leave City at the end of last season. “When Carlos Tévez first signed for Manchester City there was a reason why he signed. He saw the vision of the owner and the way the club wanted to go,” he said.

“Carlos is a winner, everywhere he has been in his life he has been a winner. He decided he would sign for the club, play one year outside of the Champions League and hopefully take this club into the next phase.

“When he joined City he made a commitment that this was what he wanted to do. At the end of last season, after all the turmoil that went on, Carlos was bitterly disappointed because they didn’t qualify for the Champions League.

"And he felt the situation at the club was not going in the same direction as he imagined it would be going. He played out of his skin, did everything he possibly could.

“In the summer he wanted to leave. I then spent most of my summer travelling all around the world talking to the chairman of Manchester City [Khaldoon Al Mubarak] and to Carlos in order to try and convince him that we should try to find an agreement that would allow us and help us to go to the next phase.

"He would then not feel like he wanted to leave. I think I managed to successfully convince Carlos to speak to the chairman and let the two of them find a harmonious way to get this back on track.

“I’m surprised at the club’s reaction because they were fully aware of the situation and how I was helping. The two of them spoke and they spoke with the rest of the management.

"The chairman asked Carlos to stay and the management agreed that he had certain issues that he wanted dealt with. They wanted to wait until Sept 1 to address the issues he had because they wanted to concentrate on the transfer window.”

However, Joorabchian said, it was the failure to address these ‘issues’ that changed everything. “Through September Carlos again began to get disillusioned because his viewpoint was it was not happening. His view was that they had agreed and spoke and promises were made to him and now the window was closed these issues were not being resolved.

I do not understand this part.

What is this "promise" Joorabchian keeps talking about? He claims it's not about money, though it's hard to imagine what else it could be. We were already out of the Champions League by that point, so that's not it. It wouldn't be Mancini, as obviously no chairman would ever strike a deal with a player to fire the manager. We're near the top of the league, it's not our performance.

Apparently it's so confidential that even he won't mention it.

NewbBlue said:
Nevertheless Tévez had wanted to leave City at the end of last season. “When Carlos Tévez first signed for Manchester City there was a reason why he signed. He saw the vision of the owner and the way the club wanted to go,” he said.

“Carlos is a winner, everywhere he has been in his life he has been a winner. He decided he would sign for the club, play one year outside of the Champions League and hopefully take this club into the next phase.

“When he joined City he made a commitment that this was what he wanted to do. At the end of last season, after all the turmoil that went on, Carlos was bitterly disappointed because they didn’t qualify for the Champions League.

"And he felt the situation at the club was not going in the same direction as he imagined it would be going. He played out of his skin, did everything he possibly could.

“In the summer he wanted to leave. I then spent most of my summer travelling all around the world talking to the chairman of Manchester City [Khaldoon Al Mubarak] and to Carlos in order to try and convince him that we should try to find an agreement that would allow us and help us to go to the next phase.

"He would then not feel like he wanted to leave. I think I managed to successfully convince Carlos to speak to the chairman and let the two of them find a harmonious way to get this back on track.

“I’m surprised at the club’s reaction because they were fully aware of the situation and how I was helping. The two of them spoke and they spoke with the rest of the management.

"The chairman asked Carlos to stay and the management agreed that he had certain issues that he wanted dealt with. They wanted to wait until Sept 1 to address the issues he had because they wanted to concentrate on the transfer window.”

However, Joorabchian said, it was the failure to address these ‘issues’ that changed everything. “Through September Carlos again began to get disillusioned because his viewpoint was it was not happening. His view was that they had agreed and spoke and promises were made to him and now the window was closed these issues were not being resolved.

I do not understand this part.

What is this "promise" Joorabchian keeps talking about? He claims it's not about money, though it's hard to imagine what else it could be. We were already out of the Champions League by that point, so that's not it. It wouldn't be Mancini, as obviously no chairman would ever strike a deal with a player to fire the manager. We're near the top of the league, it's not our performance.

Apparently it's so confidential that even he won't mention it.

He was offerd Cook or Marwoods job?

Can't say I know much about Cook to have a strong opinion either way. But one thing is that I do trust the Sheikh to do what is best for this club. There has been very little that has happened since he took over that does not very clearly have the best interests of the club at heart. If he thinks Cook is the man that is more than good enough for me.

As far as broken promises if this has any truth I suspect it is something to do with plans for the club that were used to sell the club to Tevez some of which have happened some of which we have not yet been able to achieve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.