Licence Fee (TV)

Maybe in the future they can do it with adds for a smaller fee, all the streamers are doing it now. Personally I think it should be abolished and they go down the self financing route, however C4 is struggling and may not exist in its present form in a few years so how would BBC fare?

I pay the licence fee because the channels I watch most are BBC. If I want to see a programme from a commercial channel I record it so that I can fast forward through all the stupid adverts. Amazing how much time it saves you.

I just realised..... The Tories took our free TV licence and the Labour party our Winter Fuel payment. I think it is time we had an OAP demonstration........
I know let's have one in the local library and keep warm plus they mostly have laptops/computers so we could keep warm and watch TV while we peacefully demonstrate. No marching, no shouting just common sense demonstrating.

No flies on this FOC (Funny old codger) ;-)
Demonstrate in the winter and in the evenings. Set fire to the local library, that'll keep you warm when outside rioting

I have no problem at all paying it. I think the iplayer is great content. This month alone Ive watched the olympics, the hundred cricket, the full series of Corridors of Power which is excellent viewing and detailed documentary making, great docs on Linford Christie and Daley Thompson. Kin has been great. All the Attenborough stuff is amazing TV. I saw a fascinating documentary this week about that epic nutter Roger Stone. Newsnight and Panorama are long standing insightful shows that hold people to account and examine issues. It is value for money imho
It's funded by a regressive tax that hits the poorest people in society the hardest.

If the public had a choice, wrt the licence fee, the BBC would cease to exist.

You're watching too much telly :-)

It's funded by a regressive tax that hits the poorest people in society the hardest.

If the public had a choice, wrt the licence fee, the BBC would cease to exist.

You're watching too much telly :-)
I hardly watch any telly, which is why Iplayer is so good on the ocassional time I do sit down to watch something. Its not a tax that hit the poorest the hardest. Its not a tax even. The ones who watch telly all day like the very olds and pensioners, are the ones who get the very most from it and get their monies worth. Working younger people dont get to see so much, but pay it. So that viewpoint is silly, respectfully of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.