Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Pity it wasn’t your brother they bumped mate.

You did the right thing in walking away pal, get your boy away as quick as possible.

True enough, mate.

First instinct was to just remove him from an obvious situation.

They don't need an excuse as it is, but I wasn't about to give them another.

Final, final post as I saw this and couldn't help but respond.

I had family and friends in the thick of it and know the impact on them. This isn't just football banter to many people.

If I started mouthing off about death to someone else who had been affected by it, even without the horrific circumstances of hillsborough, I would expect a smack in the mouth.

I'll leave it there.
you were right about it being your final post .

Going to make this my last post here as I can't keep up with all the responses and it's probably a pointless exercise and frustrating for all concerned.

However, I agree with this to a large extent. It hurts to think that we haven't won as much as we feel the team deserves over recent years and the on pitch rivalry obviously heats things up.

From our perspective, we will point towards oil money, state take overs and financial doping. You will point towards Liverpool's apparent sense of entitlement, petulance, and unjust frustration leading to over the top behaviour, e.g the coach. The usual football tribalism and rivalry etc.

However, what I came here to say originally was the commentary on here seemed unbelievably biased and short sighted and overlooks plenty of poor behaviour of City supporters. City fans aren't squeaky clean. I've never been pelted with things like I have at City or United in the past for example.

And whatever you say, the shout of always the victims, is perceived as being about Hillsborough. And you can't underestimate the impact Hillsborough and the aftermath had on so many in this city. As a scouse Liverpool supporter, I'm telling you these chants from City, and others, have ramped up recently and are playing the most significant part in the current ill feeling and incidents in our support, such as some of those occurring last night. Nor the football rivalry.

Both sides need to take responsibility was ultimately all I wanted to say. I'll leave it there for now.
You miss a lot of points with your rantings ? the thing about your club that rankles football fans all over this Country is your sense of so-called 'Entitled ' ,yes you have won trophies but you went 30 years without winning the league but still your fan base has the bollocks to continue to tell anyone within earshot that "we are the greatest " , "we have the best centre forward ,the best goalie ,the best centre back ,the greatest winger ever ,the greatest manager ever ,the greatest fans ever ,the greatest ground ever " can you get my drift ?" you never, ever show humility whatsoever ,you never ever praise another team who've beaten your team ,every Tom,Dick &Harry you sign is immediately elevated to "The Greatest ever " (but I think that blew up in your faces last night ?,Nunez anyone ) ,I live 40 miles away from Exeter ,I watch Exeter play frequently ,a few years back we held the "mighty" liverpool to a 2-2 draw ,we even scored straight in from a corner ,so we're stood on St.James Park station and on walks 7/8 scousers ,massive gobshites as usual and one of them decides to drop his best Nike joggers and proceed to piss all over the station cos he thinks ,like every other scouser ,that he's the funniest bloke ever ? Wake up CoCo ,your fans ,your clown of a manager are hated Worldwide and for very valid reasons too ,Karma is coming ,get ready .

Do we play them in the PL at our ground next? Because if we do, good fucking lord.

So what does it refer to? Everything but The blindingly obvious 30 year plus fight for the truth?
Suggest you watch the Italia 90 series on C4, listen to the Liverpool supporter/journalist talk about Heysel and perhaps have a think.

Going to make this my last post here as I can't keep up with all the responses and it's probably a pointless exercise and frustrating for all concerned.

However, I agree with this to a large extent. It hurts to think that we haven't won as much as we feel the team deserves over recent years and the on pitch rivalry obviously heats things up.

From our perspective, we will point towards oil money, state take overs and financial doping. You will point towards Liverpool's apparent sense of entitlement, petulance, and unjust frustration leading to over the top behaviour, e.g the coach. The usual football tribalism and rivalry etc.

However, what I came here to say originally was the commentary on here seemed unbelievably biased and short sighted and overlooks plenty of poor behaviour of City supporters. City fans aren't squeaky clean. I've never been pelted with things like I have at City or United in the past for example.

And whatever you say, the shout of always the victims, is perceived as being about Hillsborough. And you can't underestimate the impact Hillsborough and the aftermath had on so many in this city. As a scouse Liverpool supporter, I'm telling you these chants from City, and others, have ramped up recently and are playing the most significant part in the current ill feeling and incidents in our support, such as some of those occurring last night. Nor the football rivalry.

Both sides need to take responsibility was ultimately all I wanted to say. I'll leave it there for now.
Get fucked, never your fault is it victim

We need a joint statement from both Clubs explaining that "always the victims" has absolutely nothing to do with Hillsborough and absolutely everything to do with Liverpool failing to take responsibility for their actions.
It is a Hillsborough mocking chant, conflating the 1985 and 1989 disasters, and was always intended to be by the United fans who came up with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.