Liverpool thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. half & half derby scarf

half & half derby scarf

Blimey, thought i was on RAWK for a minute. Liverpool are not that good and as has been said by some, stop their fullbacks and you stop them winning. Robertson is terrible defensively.
    That being said Leicester are woeful. Easily the worst team at the Etihad this season.
    Even allowing for the above, they had to use VAR again. Just as Leicester were having their one good spell the alert went to Stockley Park, Oliver got a word in his ear and is the only one in the ground to see the invented hand ball. If that isn't given Leicester probably in with a shout for a point.

2. Neil francis

Neil francis

We can only do what is in our hands, the losses and draws were not in the script and we could be neck and neck but that's in the past.
    The three cups are our challenge now and to win 2 of them if they are that good we will have to beat them, three cups are still available ( and I think we are capable) would be a dream of a season from where we have been and the journey we have had.
    Don't beat yourself up blues, don't hope for others to do us favours, don't hang on Var and injustice, stop feeling like they have stollen our achievements, they are a great team but not better than us in any shape or form.
    We have come from winning the toss was the best we achieved all game to where we are now, so chins up shoulders back and let's get on with the things we can control.

Ultrafex, CrazyBlues, rnblade and 2 others like this.
  3. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

No excuses this season , the Dippers have achieved the better results , but certainly not the better performances , they have scraped one goal victories in the majority of their games , the goal difference explains that. To say we are miles behind them is just kneejerk bullshit , if we played them tomorrow with both full squads available on a neutral ground , and officials who gave the correct decisions , it would be a tight game but we would definitely win
    There recent victories over us have been assisted by poor referee decisions , and to sweep this under the carpet and state we are miles behind them , is rather foolish. So i agree with the sentiments in your post Exeter , and i cannot believe some posters on here are now also believing the media bullshit , Best team in the World , Best Premier league team ever , give it a f*cking rest.

karen7, Ultrafex, LWashington and 3 others like this.
  4. Cobra

Cobra

Leicester were worse than Watford were they? And if all you have to do is stop their full backs why have they only lost 1 of their last 57 league games?

5. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    True. So much fawning about a team that has been blatantly helped by officials and the PL in a season that is as rigged as it gets.

The PL have shown in a completely shameless manner that they support Liverpool this season, you need only to think about the Christmas fixture list: it makes no sense whatsoever. Even Klopp has admitted it.

They have a great team capable of winning the league without help from officials and the PL, but the fear that City might make it 3 in a row has been so big that they have blatantly being helped and City have been hampered.

MegaBlue likes this.
  6. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    I'm sure if they do, someone will be able to put their hands on a candle or 2 to dry it out..!

7. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    What they have achieved so far this season is incredible, it would be churlish not to admit it.

Still that does not make their fan base likeable, the horrible bunch of whinning bus-wrecking always the victims TWATS.

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Yeah, just stop their full backs and you stop them winning. It’s really that straightforward. Can’t think of why no-one’s thought of that. It’s like that gravity stuff. Put a stop to that and you stop falling to the ground when you jump off a tall building.

Your first sentence in conjunction with the rest of your post did amuse me though, so thanks for that.

sir baconface likes this.
  9. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Well said x 2.

10. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

Their football is awful however they're good at what they do. Particularly when they are allowed to do what they want on the pitch. Foul with impunity, cheat, dive, push players into hordings, attack coaches, play the victim whatever. The scene was set when scudamore said he wanted a different winner every year.

LWashington and RyanP3609 like this.