Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

At what point do you go city bingo ? Usually just a few posts but you might buck the trend , lol

haha.

Soon soon. But never before I've run the gauntlet and lived ;)

oki, I'll settle on the never justifying jota's pen, in exchange for continued reasoned debate :) seems fair. But you would agree that if we all sit here agreeing with each other life becomes quite dull lol

The bar is exceptionally low, yes. :\
I have no issue with a difference of opinion. I really can't abide cheating though. For the record, you thoroughly deserved to beat Newcastle and as such the result was no surprise.

Which reminds me, honestly, have you lot ever met a nice liverpool fan? or can I be the first? (albeit still delusional)
Sure, one of my very best Yank mates is a long-time fanatic -- been so for 30 years; lived right above what was the Liverpool bar in Chicago in his 20s and just kind of got sucked into the cult . . . I mean, scene. He and I have met up in the UK for matches (he even came to see City with me); he's actually there now. And FWIW he's pretty defensive of Klopp and his behavio(u)r in a way I find annoying but like most Yanks cannot stand the cheating histrionics for penalties/fouls, and is reasonable in his view on both our clubs. He respects that I've been loony about City since Keegan too (my journey as a City fan is an unusual one -- the best way to put it is that the city of Manchester and Manchester City saved my life after 9/11 -- but that's a tale for another time). I find our literally daily banter a lot of fun but beyond that we are personal and professional friends and footy won't ever come between us.

Sure, one of my very best Yank mates is a long-time fanatic -- been so for 30 years; lived right above what was the Liverpool bar in Chicago in his 20s and just kind of got sucked into the cult . . . I mean, scene. He and I have met up in the UK for matches (he even came to see City with me); he's actually there now. And FWIW he's pretty defensive of Klopp and his behavio(u)r in a way I find annoying but like most Yanks cannot stand the cheating histrionics for penalties/fouls, and is reasonable in his view on both our clubs. He respects that I've been loony about City since Keegan too (my journey as a City fan is an unusual one -- the best way to put it is that the city of Manchester and Manchester City saved my life after 9/11 -- but that's a tale for another time). I find our literally daily banter a lot of fun but beyond that we are personal and professional friends and footy won't ever come between us.

Great post. Sounds like you've got a seriously interesting story there. wow. Would love to hear that story, as and when the time for that comes...

And yes, that final sentence is very well put. that's heartwarming stuff.

flipping heck. No mercy here eh?

I can well understand you might crunch down on knobheads but if the crime is coming on here without a contrition period and a bunch of flowers : D you lot are more delicate than I thought.

My life is going very, very well :) thanks for the concern.
So, what's your reason for suddenly coming back and posting, if not to get a rise out of opposition fans? The timing is fairly dubious, wouldn't you agree? No contribution whatsoever since the end of last season and then out of the blue you suddenly just decide that it'd be nice to chat to some City fans? Do me a favour, you're on a WindUpMission, without question.

You lot are thicker than I gave you credit for being, and for the record I wouldn't say that we're delicate, we've just got a low tolerance for pricks who think they're being smart.

If anybody other than scouse-lovers were allowed on your fans' forums you'd see what "delicate" is with their reactions to anybody posting positive posts about City. I'd say you've got off pretty lightly to be honest.

No need to reply, I've blocked your sad little arse, so I'll never see a single word of any of the smart-arse future comments that you type. Bye-bye dick'ed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.