Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

You are miles off. There's a lot that people don't like about the City situation. But that does not include the fans.
Fair enough, what do you think the general perception of city Vs United fans is?

Sorry, layman's questions but I'm a southener....!

City = hard-working, slightly cynical, self deprecating, brutally honest, formerly long suffering now lucky lottery winners
Rags = fake, plastic, brand-attached, moronic wankers
How the word “slightly” crept into this description is beyond me. Just read a half page of any match day thread when we haven’t scored within the first 30 seconds :)

Got a day off today so went through my FB friends to find Liverpool fans and see where they are from -

Zero from Liverpool
1 from Chester which is the nearest
Bradford
Watford
Preston
Glasgow
Wrexham
Conwy
Leicester

All originate from there too and all started supporting in the 70's and 80's when they were bankrolled by Littlewoods and were winning everything - no coincidence eh?

That is why I can't respect any of them. They all talk the same shite as the rest too

I was born 1 mile from Maine Road BTW.

And note, seriously I can't do anything about the timing, and not being active since last season. Haven't been active on any forum (football or otherwise) for a while because my mum died over night at the age of 45 last year, with no illness. Don't normally like to explain everything but there is actually a genuine reason in this case.
Sorry for you’re loss, regardless of who you support 45 is no age to lose your Mum.

Got a day off today so went through my FB friends to find Liverpool fans and see where they are from -

Zero from Liverpool
Bradford
Watford
Preston
Glasgow
Wrexham
Conwy
Leicester

All originate from there too and all started supporting in the 70's and 80's when they were bankrolled by Littlewoods and were winning everything - no coincidence eh?

That is why I can't respect any of them. They all talk the same shite as the rest too

When I was at school, which was a long time ago now, ie when we were not quite so all conquering, a kid arrived from abroad and within moments had the full Liverpool kit on.

I felt aggrieved that he had just chosen a team. Your team should choose you. Plus there should be some form of suffering involved by way of poor results. (I was only a kid) but the point still stands.

Sorry for you’re loss, regardless of who you support 45 is no age to lose your Mum.

Appreciate that mate. I think football has been a way of keeping my mind busy at times, even if its busy on the wrong team :)

I do joke with my mates that if I started from scratch, supporting any team...it wouldn't be my current one lol! but there we go, I'm diseased now so there's no going back lol.

Zero from Liverpool
Bradford
Watford
Preston
Glasgow
Wrexham
Conwy
Leicester

That is very fair, actually I find the same with united supporters. Many seem to conveniently have started following after a period of success...odd.

My sad excuse is due to my very lovely (but liverpool supporting) uncle, who informed me that I could support arsenal like the rest of his london family, or join the outcasts of supporting liverpool. I now know why they were outcasts.

No glory for me in my early days. I'm 26 and my entire school life was misery as far as football was concerned! highlight 100% being beaten 6-1 by stoke in Gerrards final game haha. Dreadful. Fond memories for you all though I would assume!! (other 'highlights' - years of midtable dross results, gerrards slip, losing the FA cup final....all very formative experiences in my secondary school life)

but yeah, probably fall into the typical 'pool bracket in every other regard. I'll bring my kids up a better way :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.