Loyalty Point Scheme

Matty said:
Giving more points for Santander and Barcelona than Blackburn is rewarding those fans with deeper pockets more than anything else. There will, no doubt, have been fans who would have loved to go to those two games but, due to financial constraints, couldn't. Having more disposable income doesn't make you more loyal.
I sort of agree. I havent got deep pockets this year as I'm working for less money than I did last year. But, thanks to a great boss, I'm off to Barcelona with my wife and daughter, and we want a thousand loyalty points LOL

Lets go back to how it was years ago, first come first served, only joking, but what a laugh it was queing at 2 o clock in the morning for a derby ticket.

Matty said:
rowsley_st said:
For me, the loyalty point system is not going to do us any favours long term.
Lets face it, most people start going to matches with their Dad etc, gone are the days when you could meet up with a few mates from School...hop on the 52 and pay on the day and all stand together.
Now its a logistical mare trying to take a son/daughter or whatever to a match if you're on massively different point totals.

The scenario would be- that we get to Wembley for a final, I have 4000 points and my lad has 2950, (I've got more as he wasn't even born when the system was brought in) I'm able to by a ticket in the first couple of days of sale but my son can't get his until 4 days later, and then his seat is going to be in another part of the ground...and he's only 10 or 11, it's going to come to this and it'll be a generation thing, we'll end up with every fan over 50 and no one there under 25.
My opinion is it should be reviewed every year, if you have a kid and they grow up a few years and then get a season ticket with you, they should have points added to be the same as yours...otherwise you're never going to be able to take them anywhere with you...Controversial, yes, but is there any other way of ensuring we keep our fans as they have kids and their kids want to attend a match with them other than a home game in the league if they have a season ticket?.
Debate!.................

I can understand where you're coming from but try this for a scenario.

We get to a cup final, you've got 5000 points, your son has got 2500 points "officially" (i.e. one's has actually earned) but has been bumped up to 5000 so you can go together to the matches. I have 3500 points and tickets sell out at the 3800 mark. I don't get to go to the match yet your son does, despite not having been going to matches very long and not actually having the required points through "legitimate" means. Is that fair to me?

No it isn't..This is my point. Is there a fair way of doing this? (although it won't be the kids fault either that he wasn't born earlier ;0) )...Probably not to everyone, there are pro's and con's to each persons situation.
I'm merely making the point that the loyalty points system will not be good for us in the long term and this needs looking at now before it comes to a head in a few years time when everyone who attends an away game is on a zimmer frame.
I'm alright jack, I've over 4000 points and so has my son who I attend with...so it aint an issue to me...I'm just promoting a healthy debate on it, although I really do think if the "project" ffs!! goes to plan we're going to have a two tier system..The rags have it, half their crowd are on season tickets with a name not their own, but off the person they bought/inherited it off.
If someone stops going, they sell it on to someone else who'll say they are them, send in an address change and take on that ticket...I'd hate that to happen at City, that's why they have so many prawn sandwich eaters there, they're the ones who can afford to buy a season ticket for a grand that someone sells on.

The issue is also made worse by all seater stadiums, If I could buy mine at 4000 then buy my lads at 3000 and then stand together then it wouldn't be a problem, but the seats could be miles apart (I noted the post about asking to swap).
In summary, The loyalty points system was a good idea when it was brought in and has done OK for the last few years, but long term it needs looking at to get kids to attend matches away with their Dads or as mentioned, the whole away end will be over 50's!

tpot said:
Lets go back to how it was years ago, first come first served, only joking, but what a laugh it was queing at 2 o clock in the morning for a derby ticket.

yeah and queuing 16 hours for Gillingham tickets even though we had not missed a single game that season....and having to produce all the tickets stubs from the games........kids don't know they are born today.

Im a season ticket holder for 23 years yet when they transfered to the loyalty point system back in 2001 (I think) I got the same loyalty points as a "regular" with 5 years. But it has to start somewhere so stop moaning and get on with supporting City.

If you are desperate for away tickets you will always find one if you go on a regular basis.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Colins Bellend said:
Most away games do go on open sale but now the glory hunters are worrying because they weren't arsed going to Bolton or West Brom or Wigan when we were playing shite thats the difference

But take me for example, i have 220 loyalty points to my name because this is my first season as a seasonticket holder. In the past i have either just paid on the day for home games or used a family or mates seasoncard as they have enough points to get them first. My fault really but i have been to the same amount of games as someone on 3,000 points, the only difference is i didn't get the points. Like i said my fault really but as an away semi-regular i will find it hard to get to those games now because those with enough points will want to go now which would make them glory hunters in a way.

You get 1000 points for your 1st Season Card and if you had any form of City card you would get points from away games you went to and each home game aswell.Check your loyalty points on the OS,I'm pretty sure you've got it wrong mate

Colins Bellend said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
But take me for example, i have 220 loyalty points to my name because this is my first season as a seasonticket holder. In the past i have either just paid on the day for home games or used a family or mates seasoncard as they have enough points to get them first. My fault really but i have been to the same amount of games as someone on 3,000 points, the only difference is i didn't get the points. Like i said my fault really but as an away semi-regular i will find it hard to get to those games now because those with enough points will want to go now which would make them glory hunters in a way.

You get 1000 points for your 1st Season Card and if you had any form of City card you would get points from away games you went to and each home game aswell.Check your loyalty points on the OS,I'm pretty sure you've got it wrong mate

How exactly do you do that with the new site? Not that it was easy to find on the old site!!!

Matty said:
Colins Bellend said:

How exactly do you do that with the new site? Not that it was easy to find on the old site!!!

Ask me an easy one

rowsley_st said:
Matty said:
I can understand where you're coming from but try this for a scenario.

We get to a cup final, you've got 5000 points, your son has got 2500 points "officially" (i.e. one's has actually earned) but has been bumped up to 5000 so you can go together to the matches. I have 3500 points and tickets sell out at the 3800 mark. I don't get to go to the match yet your son does, despite not having been going to matches very long and not actually having the required points through "legitimate" means. Is that fair to me?

No it isn't..This is my point. Is there a fair way of doing this? (although it won't be the kids fault either that he wasn't born earlier ;0) )...Probably not to everyone, there are pro's and con's to each persons situation.
I'm merely making the point that the loyalty points system will not be good for us in the long term and this needs looking at now before it comes to a head in a few years time when everyone who attends an away game is on a zimmer frame.
I'm alright jack, I've over 4000 points and so has my son who I attend with...so it aint an issue to me...I'm just promoting a healthy debate on it, although I really do think if the "project" ffs!! goes to plan we're going to have a two tier system..The rags have it, half their crowd are on season tickets with a name not their own, but off the person they bought/inherited it off.
If someone stops going, they sell it on to someone else who'll say they are them, send in an address change and take on that ticket...I'd hate that to happen at City, that's why they have so many prawn sandwich eaters there, they're the ones who can afford to buy a season ticket for a grand that someone sells on.

The issue is also made worse by all seater stadiums, If I could buy mine at 4000 then buy my lads at 3000 and then stand together then it wouldn't be a problem, but the seats could be miles apart (I noted the post about asking to swap).
In summary, The loyalty points system was a good idea when it was brought in and has done OK for the last few years, but long term it needs looking at to get kids to attend matches away with their Dads or as mentioned, the whole away end will be over 50's!

I'd be an idea if the club had an option that you could transfer loyalty points to other supporters. Eg. Dad's on 4000, son's on 2000. Transfer 1000 to son, both on 3000. Simple

Lomax said:
I'd be an idea if the club had an option that you could transfer loyalty points to other supporters. Eg. Dad's on 4000, son's on 2000. Transfer 1000 to son, both on 3000. Simple
That's not the worst idea I've ever heard, it's not perfect (there would still be supporters on, say 2800 points who would now be behind 2 fans instead of 1) but at least the points would have been "earned" as oppossed to simply gifted to the recipient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.