Maine Rd terrace characters

totallywired said:
Rob Gretton...
I knew Rob, vaguely. I'm best mates with his nephew - that vaguely. I used to see him at his family parties and chat with him, but he wouldn't recognise me when I saw him in the Hac or wherever. The last time I saw him was after a match, walking through Rusholme with, I think, Pickering and a couple of others who I recognised. His chest was about three foot in front of the rest of him - City shirt straining as he swaggered. I shouted "ROB" and he gave me a big thumbs up and a massive grin. We'd won that day. Daft as it sounds, I treasure that memory.

Pezzer2 said:
Bluemanc1968 said:
Ask him if he remembers ''Strafford Upon Avon'' LOL was a nightmare, Cainy, Cagze, Haigy all fighting with the locals got thrown out of Boozer, went back to the van and it was smashed to bits, was like custers last stand 12 against 50 yocals. fucking cold trip home that night! LOL

If its Cainy im thinking of. He was with us for a few beers in Cyprus and Hamburg in Europe the other season and he had a drink with our crowd after the Wolves game. Huge lad and had what looked like a piece of scaffolding hanging out of his arm for a while after doing his shoulder in. Seems like a sound guy but wouldn't want to mess with him.

Know Cainy well play footie with him on weds in openshawe, he got a little hiding in poland, even though he looks like a pole.

Scottyboi said:
Anyone remember hammer? my uncle said he chased utd fans off with a dog and a axe haha

I saw Hammer a couple of seasons back near the Dry Bar..think he still lives Ancoats way

Ticket For Schalke said:
Pezzer2 said:
If its Cainy im thinking of. He was with us for a few beers in Cyprus and Hamburg in Europe the other season and he had a drink with our crowd after the Wolves game. Huge lad and had what looked like a piece of scaffolding hanging out of his arm for a while after doing his shoulder in. Seems like a sound guy but wouldn't want to mess with him.

Know Cainy well play footie with him on weds in openshawe, he got a little hiding in poland, even though he looks like a pole.

Yeah a few of my mates play. Im Looking to turn up now and again if im not working away. He said he was struggling with numbers lately. I heard there was about 30 people turning up when it first started and now the numbers have dwindled. Heard he was in a right mess after Poland

Longsight-memories said:
Johnny Marsden. (wrote all over Marsy was here MCFC)
Johnny Muir (his mam had the pub end of dickinson road)
Stan Hayes Nipper Bert & Tracker the first city skin heads..with army pants & docs.
Les tate.. i know him well Goton Mount pub..
Slim Jim from Gorton.. skinny as f***
Paul Passmore & his brother ALWAYS fighgting rags..
Paddy (think he is a full time tramp now)

Barry Gates.. lol...
Paddy the puff ,as he was known as then ,wore a pink leather jacket<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 pm --<br /><br />any body remember Brian Slater proper loone
ps dont tell him i said so

We had a guy called John on back row of kippax.
Always got mixed up when one of our black players scored.
We
laughed when he asked if Horlock scored. It was the goat.

Biginoil said:
totallywired said:
Rob Gretton...
I knew Rob, vaguely. I'm best mates with his nephew - that vaguely. I used to see him at his family parties and chat with him, but he wouldn't recognise me when I saw him in the Hac or wherever. The last time I saw him was after a match, walking through Rusholme with, I think, Pickering and a couple of others who I recognised. His chest was about three foot in front of the rest of him - City shirt straining as he swaggered. I shouted "ROB" and he gave me a big thumbs up and a massive grin. We'd won that day. Daft as it sounds, I treasure that memory.

Are you sure? I used to go to the match with him and never have i seen him wear a city shirt.

They were loads of top lads & characters from the 60s onwards .if they got up to fraction of what they did nowadays not only would they be banned from the ground the pc brigrade on here would call them rotten & want them banned .many love these sort of threads as it brings back some brilliant memories but as i said it wouldnt be tolerated nowadays by many on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.