Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

NipHolmes said:
Seosa said:
CC1 said:
Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

Because the rest of the league has been average for the last 18 months. Think about it, were it not for us, a shit Un*ted would've walked English football for 3 successive seasons.

Spot on.

That's why I laughed when people say our leagues the best. It isn't. In fact it's second and maybe third if Germany continues to get better.

United in Spain or Germany would finish third at best.

Tbh Nip, there isn't one league in Europe that can say it has 3 or more teams regularly competing for the title. You mention Germany, but that's a merry-go-round of Bayern & a new challenger.

@BluePhil8 said:
ZZmaestro said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Wenger, Klopp, Simone, Martinez or Laudrup.

Take your pick.

They would all be getting more out of our squad.

They wouldn't be afraid to look at Academy players instead of buying players like Maicon and Sinclair.

And they would all comand the respect of our squad.

Minus the "nowdays" Wenger, i agree with that.

Really?

Wenger is the one i covert over all others.

If he had a director of football saying; "Look Arsene, we don't need to sell Aguero or Silva to buy a Neymar or Falcao! You can have both and here, have the best Acedemy in England as well"

I think he could turn us into true European giants but sadly, i think we wouldn't be able to pry him from Arsenal.

Wenger is by far the best coach in the league. He just works at the project he's incharge of. His club have pinned hopes on building stadium and being prudent, once the stadiums paid for they will be a powerhouse!

He's lost RVP, Faqbregas, Nasri, Clichy and Song in the last 2 season. Add those players to what he has now and they'd be right up there pushing for league imho.

robbieh said:
C.MR said:
robbieh said:
I am a Mancini fan but I imagine if we continue like this in the PL and don't win the cup he will probably be relieved of his duties.

What I am curious about is who will come in. Mourinho will be available but might prefer Chelsea. In addition there is an awful lot of baggage that comes with him and he may not fit in with the long term policy.

I have said it before that Laudrup would be great. He did good work in Spain before coming here and his reputation is growing by the week. Apparently in the frame for Madrid job.

He would have the respect of the players as he was one of the all time greats.

Good shout. But not to sure if he would be great with the players, he was under quite a bit of scrutiny from the Swansea players when he first joined PLUS he would be a big risk if we are serious about going on to the next level

To be honest so would almost anyone bar JM.

The other thing is I'd like a manager to make his name with us. Mou, Ancelotti, Guardiola will forever be linked in the memory with Chelsea, AC Milan and Barca respectively.

Totally Agree but its all about giving them time, one or two bad results, and well we all know what the reaction would be like on here. I really like the thought of a coach like Laudrop making his name at city, but my question is would the bluemoon forum brigade give a manager the time to build a squad and make his name at this club, and not expect an instant success of winning successive league tiles and champions league titles.

@BluePhil8 said:
ZZmaestro said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Take your pick.

They wouldn't be afraid to look at Academy players instead of buying players like Maicon and Sinclair.

Minus the "nowdays" Wenger, i agree with that.

Really?

Wenger is the one i covert over all others.

If he had a director of football saying; "Look Arsene, we don't need to sell Aguero or Silva to buy a Neymar or Falcao! You can have both and here, have the best Acedemy in England as well"

I think he could turn us into true European giants but sadly, i think we wouldn't be able to pry him from Arsenal.

I dunno ... i think Madrid could still tempt him from Arsenal. But he is so embedded at The Emirates i dont think he can leave.

but i wouldnt have Wenger.

Blue2112 said:
A lot of us said after winning the title we had our foot on the throat of United and this was indeed the time to make it clear that we were here to stay. We should have gone out and purposely attacked our opponents and made offers that couldn't be refused. Yes RVP might not have wanted to come here preferring United instead but its not like we were a really poor option for him and at the end of the day money talks and if not RVP then we should have been ruthless in the summer and looked seriously at Mario and Tevez and could we offload and get better replacements. We should have made it quite clear to the whole world that City were hear to stay and are now going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Instead for whatever reasons we became a soft touch and allowed our targets to go elsewhere. Yes I say allowed because I don't believe for one minute despite what players may say after the event that we couldn't have got them if we seriously wanted them. We have also for the second successive season in the eyes of European football failed and that has its consequences. This season we need to get wise and quickly. Yes coming second or third isn't a disaster and yes we've come a long way in a short space of time but that is now the reality and the world we have to live in. It's no use saying or thinking like City of old we are now big time and big time requires the best and the best starts at the top. I'm a fan of Roberto but I fear he's losing the players somewhat. He looks an aged man, stressed and tired. Watching his interviews and his public dressing down of his own players doesn't bode well and is a world away from his interviews and his persona when he first arrived here.

I honestly believe we should be creating a siege mentality here not publicly expressing disapointment with our own players, fuck knows we get enough of that from outsiders. I'm now of the opinion that this club needs a Mourinhio and somebody to stick it back to the press and shout our corner. I've respected our dignified and class response to the knockers but I've come to the end of the line and for the first time have woke up today thinking I wonder what Malcolm Allison would have said back in the 60's, don't think he'd have took half of this shit. Can Mancini attract the big players anymore, he failed with his protege Mario so will he be able to convince others and I do wonder was that a significant moment when the board finally drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough.

If the club decide Roberto has played his part then I don't think we should go to a young manager like Laudrup not now at this stage in our development as this is a fucking huge job, just look at Mancini and how he looks to be affected. We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing and we need to go for the very best available.
1 or 2 signings, not necessarily RVP, would have done.

Instead we splurged £50m on players who added depth but no real quality, and lost De Jong, AJ and eventually Balotelli. Not big losses perhaps, but AJ and Mario won games for us last season.

We didn't have to sign world class players in the bracket of RVP, but players who had the potential to add to our team. There are plenty of forwards at Premiership clubs who I would have as a partner to Aguero now over and above what we have.

NipHolmes said:
CC1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Few hence why we look crap. We've had about 4 games all season where I thought we played good football.

One thing I worry about is the Tevez debacle, I do wonder if Mancini exaggerated and lied a bit and it's come back to bite him. I know Tevez went awol but that and the slating of players publicly may have achieved some resentment towards him?

If you make unpopular decisions but win then players will believe in the manager, when we don't win its hard to keep players onside and believing. I do suspect and element of mistrust has entered ranks. With players who've won things elsewhere and had great coaches they have the ability to compare and contrast, be it training or tactics. I wonder if some players just stare bemused at the fact Silva is wasted out wide. If he was at Madrid he'd have Ronaldo to his left and Di Maria to his right, if he was at United he'd have Young to his left and Valancia to his right, if he was at Bayern he'd have Ribery to his left and Robben to his right. Mancini doesn't do winger, why the fuck not!

Last time I looked, we were still second - how do you account for that

The players we have are quality that's why, also take into account that Arsenal sold RVP and Song and Chelsea have sacked a manager and replaced with a clown whilst also bedding in new players.

The way it's going I'd be happy to finish second. Now if you said at start of season that we'd crash out of Europe behind Ajax, would trail United 12 points (possibly later) by mid feb and would only have the FA Cup to look forward to, what would you have said?

I probably would not have thought such a thing but you are not taking into account - or giving credit - to the fact that the rags have won the most points after 25 games, than ever in their history. We are the only team in the league that has been close to challenging them. We are second in the league and you are acting as if we are second from bottom.

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
MaineRoad4696 said:
1. Fed up with all this Mancini out crap, when there is not one manager better available who would actually realistically come to this club. Txiki and Soriano cannot stand Mourinho so there is no chance of him coming to city. There is also zero chance Jürgen Klopp leaving Dortmund. So who does that leave who is a better option than Mancini?

2. Some people on here saying Mancini is an average coach is absolute bull.
Fiorentina
Coppa Italia: 2000–01
Lazio
Coppa Italia: 2003–04
Internazionale
Serie A: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005, 2006
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
That's not a bad record, Considering the majority of people on here believe they could do a better job than him.

3. To all those ranting on a club forum being negative, stop feeling sorry for yourselves have a laugh and move on. We're city supporters, the supporters who no matter what will stick by their team, have a laugh and not be bitter after defeat. We use to laugh at the over-dramatic reaction of united fans after they lost a game, well i'm afraid that allot of you have turned in to them. Negativity and Ranting will get you nowhere, what will you get out of it, an official response from the club? No. So move on.

How did he do in Europe with Inter and with us?

Compare it with Jose!

We are after the best hence why we fucked off Adebayor and got the likes of Silva. We just need to move the manager and go for the best.

It's no over-reaction really, if we were 2nd and 9 (12 maybe) points down but looking like we were forming into a strong outfit I wouldn't want him gone but the fact he still has no partnerships up top and fails to get the best out of our players is why he want's shifting.
He got the best out of the players last season

This season he has no forwards to work with. What's he supposed to do? magic one up

He will go now I think, but I don't look forward to the future. I believe the best times have already gone and that our best chance is for Mancini to perform a 2nd miracle and put us back on track. If he does that he will be untouchable and rightly so
no forwards to work with what a ludicrous comment tevez aguero dzeko and guidetti no forwards to work with please explain ?

Wether or not Mancini acquired his first choice transfer targets is now moot.
He got who he did.
How have they affected us?

No real competition for Joe Hart.
No improvement.

At the back I think Nastasic has introduced an element of competition and up until yesterday we have looked pretty solid in recent games there. Some say it has possibly closed the door on Lescott's future but we don't know. The reality at the top should be that ALL players are in competition and prepared to rotate and/or fight for their places.
Overall improvement.

Midfield. De Jong Out. Rodwell/Garcia in. Speaks for itself I think.
No improvement.

Wide Players. Johnson Out. Sinclair In.
No improvement.

Strikers. No additions. No challenge. Complacent?
No improvement.

So not a great picture overall. Mancini's fault or a lack of additions.
Maybe a combination. I don't think we are an improved squad. I also don't think we are seeing the best of the players we have.

Seosa said:
NipHolmes said:
Seosa said:
Because the rest of the league has been average for the last 18 months. Think about it, were it not for us, a shit Un*ted would've walked English football for 3 successive seasons.

Spot on.

That's why I laughed when people say our leagues the best. It isn't. In fact it's second and maybe third if Germany continues to get better.

United in Spain or Germany would finish third at best.

Tbh Nip, there isn't one league in Europe that can say it has 3 or more teams regularly competing for the title. You mention Germany, but that's a merry-go-round of Bayern & a new challenger.

But the two in those teams are better than anything in our league. It's good that we have more winners but our best team/s are still less than the best in Spain and Germany. That's my point. Michu, Mata, Silva etc played for teams outside of the best teams in Spain yet are amongst the best players in our league.

@BluePhil8 said:

Take your pick.

Is Wenger getting the best out of his squad now? No. Did he get the best out of his squad with Fabregas, RVP & Nasri? No. Did he get the best out of his squad when he spent money?Yes. Apart from that some good shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.