Mancio to crack the whip?

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Isn't that delaying the inevitable somewhat?

If we wait for next years CL campaign we are doubling away another season as we will be looking for replacement mid season when there's no preseason etc, also harms our domestic league chances.

But you're presuming that he isn't capable of turning things around. I believe he is.

Ok let's go with him being the man then.

We sell Kola, Lescott, Tevez, Dzeko and let go of Kolo, Bridge and RSC.
We bring in replacements at a sizeable cost.

He fails to get out of Europe group stages.

What then? Sack him or wait till summer again?

If we 'stick' and he fails we've not only wasted a season but we lose out on all the outgoing spends (New manager likely to want x, y, z player, his players). Surely that'd be a bigger travesty than doing so now? If we replace this season we give the kitty to a replacement instead of Mancini and then maybe sell some on to take for next manager?

Imo its good timing this season, clear deadwood from payroll and go again next season. New manager, new players, new philosophy, new chapter.

Bumped for Moomba

anyone who wants to sack roberto should look in the trophy cabinet,i dont want us to turn into another chelsea,back the manager with the players he wants this summer.

jackrussel said:
anyone who wants to sack roberto should look in the trophy cabinet,i dont want us to turn into another chelsea,back the manager with the players he wants this summer.

If it's a case of backing the manager, they didn't back him in the summer, after he won the league. Are they any more likely to back him this summer? Perhaps the board have lost confidence in him, as many on here have too.

good job we didnt have the internet back in the day of bell lee and sumerbee,the season after we won the legue ,we finished 12 or so,we would have demanded mercers head o a plate,and half the team shipped out,

NipHolmes said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
But you're presuming that he isn't capable of turning things around. I believe he is.

If we 'stick' and he fails we've not only wasted a season but we lose out on all the outgoing spends (New manager likely to want x, y, z player, his players). Surely that'd be a bigger travesty than doing so now? If we replace this season we give the kitty to a replacement instead of Mancini and then maybe sell some on to take for next manager?

Imo its good timing this season, clear deadwood from payroll and go again next season. New manager, new players, new philosophy, new chapter.

Bumped for Moomba

I responded to that post.

Basically you can say the same about any manager. Get someone new in and it doesn't work out (there is no guarantee of any manager working out) and it will set the club back.

Also the whole idea of a DoF is that the club moves forward constantly regardless of changes in the management of the club.

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
NipHolmes said:

Bumped for Moomba

I responded to that post.

Basically you can say the same about any manager. Get someone new in and it doesn't work out (there is no guarantee of any manager working out) and it will set the club back.

Also the whole idea of a DoF is that the club moves forward constantly regardless of changes in the management of the club.

Missed it, sorry.

Thanks for reply.

I'm of opinion you back or sack. I'd sack personally but if he's backed he must be given ALL season next one. Nor a fan of mid campaign changes.

ped said:
good job we didnt have the internet back in the day of bell lee and sumerbee,the season after we won the legue ,we finished 12 or so,we would have demanded mercers head o a plate,and half the team shipped out,
Really don't get these posts there completely different circumstances.

greasedupdeafguy said:
ped said:
Really don't get these posts there completely different circumstances.

Think he is probably stating bluemoon would have completely melted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.