Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adebayor said:
Last season I loved Pellegrini, as I'm sure the majority did, but I am so far beyond bored of him now.

The obvious things, like lack of passion, failing to fire up the players, refusing to try the odd youth player even in cup comps aside, for me the main thing is his absolute lack of tactical awareness. It is actually mind blowing.

The problems with City though, run through the whole squad.

Can someone please explain to me, how in the 4 or 5 years since Dzeko has been at City, he's never been first choice for a prolonged period, and for good reason, yet the people behind the scenes let The Beast go and didn't replace him, thinking Dzeko would be the answer? I don't mind Dzeko, but he will NEVER be the answer!

In my opinion our team has got worse since we won the league in 2012. Fernando isn't fit to lace Barry's boots, he seems like a taller version of De Jong but without the passion and energy. Dzeko and Jovetic obviously aren't in the same class as Negredo, let alone Tevez.

This season
------------------------Hart------------------------
Zab------Kompany---Mangala-----Kolorov

Milner-------Yaya------Fernando---Silva

-------------Aguero------Dzeko----------------

Last season
Zab------Kompany------MDM-----Kolorov

Nasri--------Yaya-------Dinho--------Silva

------------Aguero---------Beast--------------

2012 Title winning team (Depending on who we played, and what system Mancini decided he wanted us to ADAPT to play)

Zab------Kompany----Lescott-----Kolorov
Nasri--------Yaya---------Barry-------Silva
------------Aguero-------Tevez----------------
OR
Zab-------Kompany---Lescott------Kolorov
---------------De Jong----Barry---------------
Silva----------------Yaya----------------Balotelli
-----------------Tevez/Aguero--------------------

The only players currently fit to play for City are (IMO) Hart, Zab, Komps, MDM, Kolorov, Milner, Silva and Aguero. Nasri and Fernandinho need to up their game. Yaya and Clichy should have been gone in the summer.

As I see it, the only move Pelle can do now, is to play 4 5 1 against QPR, because if he wins, maybe he'll keep that system and it will save his job until the summer, and if he loses the blame will shift slightly more towards the players. But either way, the buck stops with him and I think going out of Europe will cost him at the end of the season.

Our team is stale, there's no new attacking options or anyone putting pressure on the players on the pitch to take their place if they have a bad game.

We need a serious shake up in the management and playing staff.

FFS, one of our best players is 36 year old Chelsea legend Frank Lampard.

FRANK F*CK*NG LAMPARD!!!

You have hit the point here, If you also look at the systems the majority of them is 442 but if you look at the strikers Aguero & Negredo & Aguero & Tevez. These are high pressing players that don't stop running. This allows the system to work, however when you have dzeko/jovetic, who aren't this type of player it fails.

City haven't bought well we needed another creative mid and a high pressing striker / too many lazy players and pellegrini just isn't tough enough

Lose to Q.P.R and I think it could be cheerio Manuel .
Remember its international break after this match .

I'm interested to hear from posters on here who want Pellegrini out now who'd they'd want to replace him. Try not to include managers who quite clearly wont leave mid-season.

Latics Fan SJK said:
I'm interested to hear from posters on here who want Pellegrini out now who'd they'd want to replace him. Try not to include managers who quite clearly wont leave mid-season.
I would put Viera in charge for the rest of the season .
Then next season Klopp takes charge .

Latics Fan SJK said:

Moysie?

baildon blue said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
I would put Viera in charge for the rest of the season .
Then next season Klopp takes charge .

Just as a matter of interest, how would he get Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko etc, legging it around the pitch blocking people , then sprinting 40 yards forward like Dortmund used to ?

As I said last night on the match thread, say we get Guardiola in next season and yet again fluff our lines in Europe, is he a shit manager as well then? The blame for a lot of this is down to certain players and always has been, a dangerous precedent was set when the club allowed players to remove a manager in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.