Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
St Helens, you were pretty strongly critical of Pellegrini last season as well IIRC? Then you turned around and loved the bloke when we won the league.

Do you think you might be a bit hasty to rush into judgement on people every now and then?
That the trouble with SHB. Had one good season then turned to shit. But I'm hoping he'll come good again.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
I'm interested to hear from posters on here who want Pellegrini out now who'd they'd want to replace him. Try not to include managers who quite clearly wont leave mid-season.

Anyone can leave mid season if the compensation package is right.

1. Guardiola
2. Klopp
3. Koeman
4. Ancelotti
5. Simeone
6. Martinez

Non currently available however I would go with Vieira or Kidd for this season.

I agree that losses against QPR and Bayern and he will be gone. Then faced with Swansea home and Saints away we could be in serious mither.

It always makes me laugh how 1 good season or a good couple of months and suddenly names you'd never have considered in a million years are suddenly worthwhile candidates for a team aspiring to be the greatest club side in the world.

Koeman? A few good months at Southampton and all of a sudden you'd clamour for his appointment?
Martinez? A good season with Everton, along with an FA Cup and relegation with Wigan?

You'd really have these two as manager of Manchester City right now? Amazing.

Ancelotti you can forget about, whether you'd offer a monstrous compensation package or not. Same for Guardiola. These managers aren't at clubs who are desperate for money and would let them go mid-season to someone like City.

Klopp could be an option at the end of the season. Simeone perhaps too if he can repeat, or get close to repeating, last season's heriocs.

The fact is there's no viable replacement now. The fact that you'd even be tempted by Brian fucking Kidd for the rest of the season suggests to me that you need to think a little bit more about this right now.

All the pundits and a lot of fans have been saying all season he is setting them up all wrong,now ex-players and some managers are saying it then i am happy to say he is being stubborn and will not change for anyone
I can't believe given what i have said above that a sizeable number of the team don't feel the same,they must be really frustrated because they and everyone else know they can play better in a way that suits them better
The midfield is a mess and if he plays that way on sat we will lose that as well
Even i know control the midfied and one up front is the way to go
Last year was fantastic but now we need a different way as everyone has discovered our weakness,if he won't adapt he has to go

moomba said:
St Helens, you were pretty strongly critical of Pellegrini last season as well IIRC? Then you turned around and loved the bloke when we won the league.

Do you think you might be a bit hasty to rush into judgement on people every now and then?

I was delighted we won the double of course but that's not the issue.
He is refusing point blank to change anything tactically week in week out.
He said "he didn't have a clue" last night.
Well fuck me.Excuse me for being a little concerned.
Everyone said he would take us forward in europe when the cold hard facts are there for all to see.2 pts,yes 2....
I have never loved the bloke,he is an employee. I want what is best for the club and if that means a season of upheaval and getting rid of the manager and a large number of bang average players then so be it.
Found out by Pardew, Allardyce and Hughes - Even the russian manager knew how to beat us.
Simply woeful. Time to get rid.
Are we dining at the top table-Are we fuck!

gio's side step said:

1. Guardiola
2. Klopp
3. Koeman
4. Ancelotti
5. Simeone
6. Martinez

I agree that losses against QPR and Bayern and he will be gone. Then faced with Swansea home and Saints away we could be in serious mither.

NOT a chance.

Ridiculous post to suggest he'll be sacked mid season

Why is it ridiculous. Out of 2 cups in a week.Shocking performances,shocking tactics,shocking moral.......

What do you actually think the ceo,chaorman will be doing today

You think we are that unprofessional to sack a manager mid season?

Latics Fan SJK said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
I'm interested to hear from posters on here who want Pellegrini out now who'd they'd want to replace him. Try not to include managers who quite clearly wont leave mid-season.

1. Guardiola
2. Klopp
3. Koeman
4. Ancelotti
5. Simeone
6. Martinez

It always makes me laugh how 1 good season or a good couple of months and suddenly names you'd never have considered in a million years are suddenly worthwhile candidates for a team aspiring to be the greatest club side in the world.

Koeman? A few good months at Southampton and all of a sudden you'd clamour for his appointment?
Martinez? A good season with Everton, along with an FA Cup and relegation with Wigan?

You'd really have these two as manager of Manchester City right now? Amazing.

Ancelotti you can forget about, whether you'd offer a monstrous compensation package or not. Same for Guardiola. These managers aren't at clubs who are desperate for money and would let them go mid-season to someone like City.

Klopp could be an option at the end of the season. Simeone perhaps too if he can repeat, or get close to repeating, last season's heriocs.

The fact is there's no viable replacement now. The fact that you'd even be tempted by Brian fucking Kidd for the rest of the season suggests to me that you need to think a little bit more about this right now.

Coming from a latics fan...Deary me...
Why are you so fucking interested?
Worry about your own team
If the owners want them,they will get them.

Was found wanting last night.

It is becoming boring now seeing all our laboured play. Always cutting inside where teams are packing the middle then bang - hit by counter!!!

Not only Europe but we are getting done in the England too.

I really do like the guy but is he starting to get abit to stubborn - It's time to wake up - teams are quicker than us and we need to wisen up. If we don;t have the players to press and play quickly we need to start defending abit deeper. We are still too much of a team that relies on individual brilliance.

I'm still behind the gaffer - but it is an interesting thought for me to see how Mourinho, Ancelloti or Guardiola would have performed with this bunch of players.... Maybe at some point the players may ask the same question (they don't like blaming themselves)

We need a gameplan Manuel, can't always rely on doing the job through our strengths, we also need to underastand our weaknesses and the oppositions weaknesses. Starts at QPR!!!

Problem is in CL Pellegrini's only real former experience that should be counted is his seson with Real Madrid, with a side that is not underdog and for that reasons performs basically without any pressure to do well.
At real he had the pressure and crashed out disgracefully in knock out stages first round versus Lyon. That was the year when they just signed Xabi Alonson, CR, Kaka...
But Lyon didnt care about that and sent them home.

What he did at Malaga/Villarreal in CL doesnt matter, they are the Evertons of Spain. If Malaga is out at group stgae or Villarreal is out at group stages no one really says a thing. They tried their best thats it. If CSKA is out from our group their manager wont be fired because of it...
Nor Roma's...

Only real comparison can come with his Real MAdrid season, thats where he was under big pressure to perfrom in CL and a lot weaker Lyon side stopped them.

For us now its Roma, CSKA. Or a Barca side in mediocre form last year.

He is not the one to take us to the next level in CL. Clear as hell. Same was said about Mancini, the manager who won 3 Serie A's with Inter but never got them to one CL semi finals. Here he never even got us out of group stage.
Pelle did once but hardly something that could be celebgrated. Look at Real, Bayern would they care about getting out of group stage to the next round? Bare fucking minimum, not something to be happy about.

Players know it too, dont think they really trust him when CL games come. The preparation to these games must be awful. ITs not mentality and desire...
How can we have lot of desire on Sunday in the derby game and 3 days later we dont have desire anymore? Tactical preparation, mental preparation etc...

Lst years stagger, form completely gone, we dont rip apart teams anymore, but still concede lots of goals maybe even more. It loead to more draws/losses, and less wins.
Sad because clear goal in summer was strenghten the defence. Sagna, Mangala, Fernando, Caballero all came in for this reason. Make the defence stroner, concede less goals.

Its November now but we hardly improved our defending. Tactically or personally...
Sagna isnt better than Micah, Caballero seems no better than Panti, Mangala yet to show he is better than Demichelis, and Fernando also didnt show he is big upgrade on De Jong or Garcia.
Not writing them off but we needed defensive improvement big time. So far we got nothing. But also for tactical reasons. This bullshit no workrate stlye is really makes defenders exposed. Empty midfield ran trough by everyone nearly...
Rare track back by strikers/wingers...

Its a big mess.

And I can see our season turn into even worse. Few more bad results it takes and we would be hoping that Chelsea fucks up a 12 points lead maybe. Or even had to fight with Arsenal for 2nd instead of going for first place vs Chelsea.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:

That the trouble with SHB. Had one good season then turned to shit. But I'm hoping he'll come good again.

You mean I am not towing the party line ????
Go on explain. Am I not allowed to express my opinion that in my opinion he has taken us backwards.
I will say it-We won the league because Liverpool imploded..Yes yes I hear you that the league is won over the 38 games but in reality they gave it us.
He gives us nothing anymore Pellegrini other than his usual mundane answers and press conferences.
My mind is made up,results show we are regressing. Of course you can lose any game but...

Stoke home
Newcastle reserves home..

He's a dead man walking

Mister Appointment said:
BlueDejong said:
We need Pep or Klopp or Simeone......It's real.

I wouldn't want Simeone and no way I can see City giving the job to someone like him. It's Pep, Klopp, or Pellegrini stays another season.

You can bookmark that as far as I'm concerned because I'm not wrong.

Out of interest mate, why are you so convinced we can't get Pep or Klopp at the end of this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.