Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
Can we stop mentioning Chelsea? They played one "kid", who is on £20k a week, out of position at RB. That's it. They had another two kids on the bench, who they didn't bring on. It was hardly a youth revolution.

They played Andreas Christensen a young CB as well as Zouma both struggled along side their first choice CB.

OB1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
OB1 said:
I wasn't happy with Pellers' starting line-up, especially the Nando Milner central midfield, but the players let him down again. This summer needs to see an overhaul of the squad but, in the meantime, the manager has to get the team back on track very quickly; he is not helped by the absence of Toure and Nasri.

The players that he brought in let him down

The whole lot of them did; even Silva and Aguero were poor by their standards; although Aguero can be forgiven some rustiness.

Gives me the impression that the competition isn't taken seriously

It was a similar performance to Newcastle in the league cup

Aguero looks rusty but that's understandable. We just look so lost and disjointed without Yaya and Nasri

The most worrying part is how our performance levels drop without Yaya, Silva and Nasri pulling the strings, we've been saying the same thing for a few years

Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:
Can we stop mentioning Chelsea? They played one "kid", who is on £20k a week, out of position at RB. That's it. They had another two kids on the bench, who they didn't bring on. It was hardly a youth revolution.

They played Andreas Christensen a young CB as well as Zouma both struggled along side their first choice CB.
Zouma is £15m 20 year old with about sixty professional games in the french top flight. That's not exactly some kid from the academy.

Let's face it, we're not going to win the Champions League so if we don't win the league, Pellegrini's gone.

BigOscar said:
Ray78 said:
BigOscar said:

Zouma is £15m 20 year old with about sixty professional games in the french top flight. That's not exactly some kid from the academy.

But Christiensen is from their academy and is 18 but it looks like he will not feature for a while is the point I am trying to make.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Let's face it, we're not going to win the Champions League so if we don't win the league, Pellegrini's gone.

I agree.

It's the performances and regression of the team and qulaity if play that will get Pellegrini the sack if anything though.

We will all want a Klopp, Simeone etc but I feel Txiki will go for someone like De Boer, Rikaard etc...

sam-caddick said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

I agree.

It's the performances and regression of the team and qulaity if play that will get Pellegrini the sack if anything though.

We will all want a Klopp, Simeone etc but I feel Txiki will go for someone like De Boer, Rikaard etc...

Said during the last pelle crisis that we should go for de boer if he was to go. 80/1 at the time too! I think he would be great when the time comes, which may be in the summer.

Sometimes a team can have a baron run in front of goal, that's acceptable. But what is fucking not acceptable is some of the most dreadful defensive tactics a supposed top side in Europe could possibly display.

Total lack of communication all over the pitch. Total lack of pressing all over the pitch. Total lack of intensity when the opposition has the ball. Total lack of organisation all over defensive midfield and back four. Total lack of understanding who is supposed to be marking who on set pieces. Defenders FAR too far apart from each other, gaps far too wife between players. Total lack of pace to cover players who've gone forward. Centre halves that you could build a mansion between. Defensive line that looks like a star constellation who are rarely, if ever, in a straight line. FAR too often defensive players are left one v one in dangerous areas...I could go on and on.

No top side in Europe defends as terribly as we do.

When we were banging five in every week last year nobody seemed to notice how crap we are defensively. Now we're not banging the goals in, it's all that I take from games.

7 home defeats in 11 months. Dreadful! That is what average Europa league level sides aspire to.

Just seen Pellegrini's post match interview in MOTD and heard him say we were nervous!!

Nervous!! Against a Championship side?? I he for real??

Firstly it's his job to make sure we're not nervous but secondly I expect that from our players in a Champion League final for example, not an FA Cui tie against Boro who are in the Championship.

sam-caddick said:
Just seen Pellegrini's post match interview in MOTD and heard him say we were nervous!!

Nervous!! Against a Championship side?? I he for real??

Firstly it's his job to make sure we're not nervous but secondly I expect that from our players in a Champion League final for example, not an FA Cui tie against Boro who are in the Championship.

This will sound just as bad but perhaps the run we are currently on is playing on their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.