Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manuel Pellegrini

moomba said:
Can't see anything other than a convincing win tonight. Still makes us underdogs to go through IMO but keeps us in with a chance.

Agreed. I said in the run up to the game in Moscow if we didn't win we'd be fucked and I still feel like that. It's not that we're not capable of beating Bayern or Roma, I just don't have the same confidence I have in the PL.

To me this is an uphill battle now but tonight is still huge because to even be on the hill we need to win tonight.

Mister Appointment said:
moomba said:
Can't see anything other than a convincing win tonight. Still makes us underdogs to go through IMO but keeps us in with a chance.

Agreed. I said in the run up to the game in Moscow if we didn't win we'd be fucked and I still feel like that. It's not that we're not capable of beating Bayern or Roma, I just don't have the same confidence I have in the PL.

To me this is an uphill battle now but tonight is still huge because to even be on the hill we need to win tonight.

Ye of little faith. We will qualify. In fact I'll put my arse on the line and say that we will progress beyond there too.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:
moomba said:

Ye of little faith. We will qualify. In fact I'll put my arse on the line and say that we will progress beyond there too.

not being argumentative, genuine question why do you feel we will qualify given our performances/results in the CL

Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:
moomba said:

If we do qualify there are an awful lot of probable group winners we should have no fear of, so if we get out I'd expect us to make the quarters, only group winners we should fear are Real Madrid and they're beatable.

moomba said:
OB1 said:
moomba said:
Can't say I'm confident of a win in either of our last two matches. But 4 points from our last 2 will definitely be enough. Beat Bayern and lose in Rome and I think we still miss out (barring Roma cocking up in Moscow).

One game at a time.

True, although if we don't get the job done tonight I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time calculating possibilities for the last 2 matches. ;)

We can start hoping for a Europa League win then!

Actually, I would quite like to win the Europa League: want us to win every possible major trophy in this spell of success.

OB1 said:
moomba said:
OB1 said:
One game at a time.

True, although if we don't get the job done tonight I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time calculating possibilities for the last 2 matches. ;)

We can start hoping for a Europa League win then!

Actually, I would quite like to win the Europa League: want us to win every possible major trophy in this spell of success.

Me too, and given I would never want to play in it again there would be no time like the present if we do end up in there.

Plenty of co-efficient points to be earned there as well.

bluemc1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:

not being argumentative, genuine question why do you feel we will qualify given our performances/results in the CL

Because we are a great squad with great management.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We will go through.

Seven points in these next three games and I expect us to win tonight and against Bayern.

I would also not be surprised to see Roma fail to win in Moscow.

The same thought has occurred to me.

Without getting too giddy a win tonight combined with a Bayern win means with the right results it's possible for us to qualify before we go to Rome.

It's likely that you'll be 2nd by the end of the night, as I cannot see Roma getting anything.

Then onto the week after and Roma will have the advantage of playing first and putting pressure on City when you host Munich. I do think Roma will beat them, and I'm not too confident you'll beat Munich as I don't think they'll rest too many players despite having already qualified. They'll be well clear in the Bundesliga and would probably prefer Roma to advance with them instead of you just in case paths cross again further down the line.

That would obviously leave City needing to win in Rome in the final game. Not entirely impossible, as Bayern emphatically showed the other week, but it wont be easy. It will, however, provide a great opportunity for City to show what they're made of in Europe. A win, in Rome, with no other result an option, against an Italian side that will always make themselves difficult to break down when they only need a draw to advance, would make other teams sit up and think it's a turning point for you in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.