Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a good manager but he seems to have run out of ideas with this team, he looks completely drained of any life on the sidelines as if he doesn't know where to go with this team.

Now, of course he could be setting the team up to play like X and the players are going out and playing like Y and this won't be helping but I just don't know what to think, is it players or manager?

The players look so devoid of confidence, ability to do simple football basics and any drive. Half of them looked knackered half way through the game!

Another shi* night for the manager .
Looks like he as run out of ideas .
And the worrying thing is it's only November .

Getting bored of being negative about Pellergrini .
But to me he his digging his own grave .

Marvin said:
Tonight was an absolute shambles and a massive embarrassment for this club

However these players have been doing this repeatedly in Europe. Can you blame Pellegrini for that?

Maybe. It just seems that Europe is not a priority for the players.

I'm close to thinking that Pellegrini has to go, but I am seriously getting p'ssed off with the players. They are playing like mugs in Europe. It's not one game, it's happening repeatedly and it's half expected. You laughingly think to yourself, we'll probably concede a goal in the first minute against CSKA and low and behold that's exactly what we go and do

There is only one word for the players and that's unprofessional. And I can't think of a bigger insult than that. The rest of football will be looking at City and thinking what a bunch of mercenaries, and you can't argue.

Is this a one-off, or are there going to be consequences. I'm thinking we're in trouble now. I don't think this team is ready to turn up at QPR and put a performance in.

Agree with the feeling behind much of that. However, CSKA would wipe the floor with QPR every time, their skill level, movement, control of the ball and finishing was miles ahead of a low level prem team to my eyes. And so, I'd actually back us to win on Saturday. Lose on Saturday, and I'll agree we are in deep trouble. I think how we bounce back (or not) in the first match after tonight will be absolutely crucial for me.

Just awaiting the apologists to come and explain what went wrong

The most worrying thing for me is the lack of fight and will to win

We came out in the 2nd half in the same manner as the 1st, so clearly whatever was said at half time didn't work

I don't know what the answer is, it isn't Just the manager but he has to shoulder the blame for the complete lack of desire we are showing at the moment

Just awaiting the apologists to come and explain what went wrong

The most worrying thing for me is the lack of fight and will to win

We came out in the 2nd half in the same manner as the 1st, so clearly whatever was said at half time didn't work

I don't know what the answer is, it isn't Just the manager but he has to shoulder the blame for the complete lack of desire we are showing at the moment

the official reason for sacking Mancini are complete and utter bull. Under Manuel we have gone backwards ! Never liked him..
for me he now has second informal warning. !

strongbowholic said:
Chilean Wenger.

Well he has won more recently already but as someone else pointed out earlier he did that with Mancini's team

Kevindxb said:
Players take a huge deal of the blame. All these problems have been discussed over and over again. Let me list a few:

1. Obvious 442 formation. So easy to plan against City now a days.
2. Rubbsih Mid-field deployment.
3. Very f***en relaxed, the players fall asleep on the pitch.
4. Rubbish Corners issue not addressed.
5. Seems to pick the wrong team then waste subs to change it.
6. And when 5 happens, his change is done way too late- tonight was a shocking exception. AND WE DOMINATED with 451 till he sprung back to 442.
7. Starting Navas nearly every possible chance. He's uni-dimensional and is a solution for width, not a starter.
8. Pelle's signings are mostly garbage when you compare it to Mancini's. We are still relaying heavily on Mancini's signings, aside from 'dihnio.
9. He's taken a team strong in defense and turned us into a joke at the back. All teams play us and win on the counter and he just can't see it.

Now of course the players are going to play shit if you pick the same bloody formation and keep on losing, their confidence WILL slowly disappears!

Some valid points here ... but , players' attitudes need sorting as well... your point No.3 highlights this

Arses need to be severely kicked and we also need to be giving some playing time to some of our hungrier most talented EDS players

Big game on Saturday against Q.P.R
Play like we did tonight and I think we will lose .
I can see Harry beating Manuel on Saturday night .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.