Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has nothing to do with Europe. We have been dire from day one of the season. Dire might be a bit harsh but let's say fucking bobbins. We've shown flashes of where we were last season but flashes get you nowhere. When we were at goodison and went one nil down I didn't flinch.I looked at the players faces,they had a steel in their eyes,a steel of champions elect. I knew they'd win.
This season there is nothing there,no fight,no desire and most of all these champions have no form. Why is that?

Something is very wrong.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
FantasyIreland said:
Comparing Mancini's tenure with Pellegrini's is daft.Regardless of where the current blame lies for our inadequacies,Pellegrini is a decent bloke who still has the support of his players and employers.
Mancini was fired as much for reasons off the field as he was on it,he was a tool who was poisoning the club.

Pellegrini has not become a bad manager,however,whether he is now out of his depth maybe a justifiable debate......i'm not convinced......I certainly don't want to see him replaced any time soon as I still have faith he can put things right,he has to sort out our best formation and which players fit within that,but he also needs more luck with injuries and decisions......he also needs a few quid in January to bring in the reinforcements we are currently missing and,in some cases,we have been for some time.Major surgery regarding incomings and outgoings is long overdue IMO.

I'd suggest an assessment at the end of the season is the right call.

morning glen.Im really not sure about him still having the support of the players mate.I actually think it goes deeper now.Could be worse though better to lose to cska than wycombe wanderers away...

Watching Tunnel cam from the derby gave me the answer,that is not a group of players that are in mutiny,so,whatever the reason(s) for our current short comings,managerial revolt isn't it IMO.

I do,however,imagine the training ground will be an interesting place this morning......

A definition of stupidity must be doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

de niro said:
This has nothing to do with Europe. We have been dire from day one of the season. Dire might be a bit harsh but let's say fucking bobbins. We've shown flashes of where we were last season but flashes get you nowhere. When we were at goodison and went one nil down I didn't flinch.I looked at the players faces,they had a steel in their eyes,a steel of champions elect. I knew they'd win.
This season there is nothing there,no fight,no desire and most of all these champions have no form. Why is that?

Something is very wrong.

Said pretty much the same last week, there's something not right when practically the whole squad is woefully out of form.

Totally inept selection and tactics last night.
The substitutions were also wrong. Navas should have been left on, he was no worse than the rest of them and we needed his pace in the second half.

Manuel is a nice fellow, but I don't think he is the man to take us to the next level. He doesn't use his squad intelligently and shies away from making big decisions. I am seeing the same signs of implosion that we saw under Mancini. The title was a minimum requirement last season. Unless there are is a big improvement before Christmas, I would give Vieira the job until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.