Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wanted him at all costs.

Maybe we don’t feel the same about Cucurella.

Maybe we’re haggling this time, whereas we couldn’t last time.
Maybe. But it's strange to be honest. Grealish wasn't immediately needed last season. But we need absolutely LB this season .
Maybe they have a LB in sights , equally better but at a lower price.

I guess we will see.

In the case of Walker and Mendy, several years back, too. This guy has just had an outstanding season for his club. Without him, it’s doubtful they would have got even ninth place.
Oh yeah, and we got about three matches out of Benjamin Mendy. Made some posts on Twitter, though.
If there’s any truth to this, £30 million as an opening bid is almost taking the piss. Stump up the money, City. It’ll be worth it.
I really don’t get how everyone has convinced themselves that Cucurella is worth 50m though. Links to us started in may and price was 35m, now everyone is convinced he is 50m

I don’t know his worth but I would trust the club to do what they feel is best.

It’s simple. We want a LB that is presumably our number 1 target. Playing for Brighton who did a great job scouting him. With the club absolutely in no urgency to sell him, and the player stating he feels fine playing for them. And even if they can get a quick profit, Brighton can and will ask a price that suits them. Nothing to blame them nor the player.

We have put our ourselves in a position that we may need a LB by selling Zinchenko before getting a replacement. Unless we are convinced we can get a replacement. Maybe the number 1 target playing for Brighton. Or someone else like we did when getting Dias. Having another number 1 all the time.

If we won’t get our replacement whoever that may be, we will do without one and play either Cancelo or Ake if we stick to 4-3-3. Not ideal yet no disaster.

If -doubt it as it’s Pep- but IF Pep decides to play 3-5-2 due to the change of players so far, the need of a LB looks different as well.

Long story short: we don’t know and we need to be patient.

Maybe. But it's strange to be honest. Grealish wasn't immediately needed last season. But we need absolutely LB this season .
Maybe they have a LB in sights , equally better but at a lower price.

I guess we will see.
Grealish was the pin up boy of the Euros.

Cucurella would find it hard to be the pin up boy in the cockerpoo class at his local kennels.

I assume you did. Zinchenko didn’t play in 7 out of the ten months of the season for a reason.
And he became undroppable towards the end. sorry but thats squad depth if you want to win max trophies in a season.

I'm sorry but this is absurd if City do this again, like they did with Kane. What's the point in 'making someone your priority target', find out the fee, claim it's £20m more than you want to pay and that you'll walk away if it's not lowered!? Particularly after selling a LB.

Brighton have no need or obligation to lower their estimation by such a great amount. Bizarre strategy.
Worse strategy than the 'just pay whatever they ask for' method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.