Mark Hughes....and thank you Mark Huighes [Merged]

Re: FAO anybody saying...

Well said Blueturban...

Some of the posts on here tonight are a new low, even by Bluemoon standards.

Re: Mark Hughes [Merged]

I was shocked when I heard the news.
But when you think about it, the team lost very easy points .e.g. Burnley, Hull City, Bolton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic. So I'm not really against the decision, probably the timing is a bit bad. Anyways, Thanks Mark Hughes and all the best in your career.

A very black day for the club all round.
How will anyone ever believe what are owners say regarding projects, building steadily, stability?
Next season when they say the Manager's remit is top 4 - does that really mean you better be top of the league by Christmas or we'll go behind your back too?
Stick your undercover ticket office, blue concourses, super duper websites etc etc - we thought we had owners of integrity that would honour the goals they set.
Mancini - who on earth advised them that - serious question - who do you suppose the owners consult for advice? He can't have been on their personal radar.
I've supported City by birth right for 40 yrs - lots of lows and lots of fucking very lows in that time - but this is genuinly, in my opinion one of the depths - has left me dumbstruck at the relative unfairness, the deceit, and the astonishing hypocrisy that our owners have shown.
I hope I am proved wrong - and believe me - I will hold my hands up if I am - but I can,t help thinking that in a years time we will be saying - should have stuck with Hughes.
I was a Hughes inner - but would happily discuss the merits or not and implications of appointing Maurinho or Hiddink two managers who understand English football (if it had to be one - Gus every time for me). To the outers - well - be careful what you wish for - you got neither.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Well said Blueturban...

Some of the posts on here tonight are a new low, even by Bluemoon standards.

Too right - so many people trying to start physical fights (im 6' 5" etc - I sit in this seat bollocks) It is a joke. They are a joke, I don't remember it being like this when Pearce was sacked. Or Alan Ball..........

mrbelfry said:
Thanks Mark for all your hard work over the last 18 months. I went on a stadium tour a few months ago and the small changes you made to make us a winning team were immense. I loved your fight and determination to make City a force to be reckoned with and your seemingly tireless energy to make it happen will always make you good manager for City in my opinion. You are clearly a gifted manager and bound for success somewhere. You've brought some great players to our club and I've enjoyed the 18 months you were in charge - they've been a lot of fun regardless of many of the criticisms you've received on this board.

BUT I think your time had ran out. 4 league away wins in your entire time at City and only 7 wins this season in a league that is waiting for a team to dominate it whilst better than any season I've experienced before just isn't good enough. The games we've drawn from winning positions have cost us dearly. Whilst I've defended you in the past and said that the league is stronger than previously with the big teams losing to the minnows (just look at today's results) I was just making excuses for lost opportunities. Yes we are 6th and within touching distance of the top 4 but in all honesty we've thrown points away that would have seen us higher in the league.

I'm sure managing us last season was very difficult for you with the divisions in the team and I applaud you for sticking to your guns and you leave us with a squad much better than the one you inherited BUT whilst we talk of improvement we could also point to other managers who have improved their teams such as Bruce, O'Neil, Red*nap, McLeish, Pulis and Hodgson. I have to believe we are better than them but I often feared we were only as good. Having assembled the squad you wanted we should not have to be holding out for the transfer window for you to improve it and fix the glaring mistakes. Solutions had to be found within the current squad which is the same way other managers have to work.

Yes we have only lost 2 games all season and this is a record that we should be proud of but we have also only won 7 which is only 3 more than Portsmouth! Yes we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea but we've failed to beat teams we needed to.

This league is wide open and our failure to capitalise and be in a position to push on rather than correct problems and continue to rely on the failings of other teams was the concern. I believe the concern for the board was the fear of missing this opportunity and the last quarter of the season gave no confidence that we could capitalise.

Thanks for the great team and the great matches that will live long in the memory. I wish you all the success in the future as long as you never beat us ;)

Welcome to Manchester Bobby. I honestly believe the league is waiting for a team to dominate it. We have the tools all you have to do is put them to use!

Was going to do a big, long tribute myeslf but this pretty much says it all. Just to say I thought Hughes's conduct in his last game was magnificent. I wish him all the best and have no doubt he will lead a lower mid table team to the top 10!

Beagal said:
When will we learn keep sacking managers never works. Mancini what experience of English football, wonder when the never happy doom merchants want him out . Then they will swamp the boards cos they have the biggest gobs until he's out .. I fear that mancini is going to do worse than hughes but hope not cos I want City to do well.. Lets hope the twats that wanted Hughes out give this manager a bit of time.

Its not the "twats" that sacked Hughes, it is the Owner. If you think that a multi billionaire successful business man would pander to the whims of a number of City fans then you are deluded. We are not privvy to what has gone on behind the scenes but it is clear to me that Mark Hughes was unable to organise and motivate a number of the players that HE bought. Mark seems a genuine hardworking guy but I dont think he has proved he is the right man for the job. The players motivated themselves for the big games against scum, arse and chelski but for some reason could not do the same for the bread and butter games. That has been the connundrum at City for many years and unfortunately Mark was unable to solve it. Lets hope Rob can. Good look in the future Mark.

Re: cheers hughes

Bellamy's Caddy said:
(The following is all provided Hughes is sacked, if he's not then brilliant. Its also a long read so if it bores you feel free not to read it)

I hope Hughes comes on to read some of the comments....

Thank you Mark,

The job Hughes took on at City wasn't the job it became. Probably expecting a kitty of 30million a year, we became the richest club in the world and he had Robinho bought for him. Expectations went through the roof and last season was a letdown. This summer Hughes brought in players he wanted and set about shaping his own team. No manager of a top 4 club has had to go out pre season and buy a whole team. This squad was always going to take time to gel and with 2 defeats all year its hardly a relegation battle. We need to kick on the rest of the season and win more games instead of all those draws but I think Hughes could have got us there.

Very disappointed with the owners, we were nearly in the relegation zone this time last year and they gave Hughes backing, now we are 6th in the leage and in a semi final of a cup. I feel sorry for Mark Hughes, he's been given a rotten time by far too many of our own 'fans' They are entitled to criticise managers but those that couldnt get over his past allegiance with United are simply pathetic. Hughes wasn't a 'rag plant' he was a professional manager doing the best he could. He played for many other teams than united and rarely has anything flattering to say about united or ferguson. He's also only 46 and could have built a fantastic legacy at this club. Things don't happen overnight and I'm sure we would have got there with Hughes, now we have to go through the uncertainty of a new manager, will he get the team settled straight away or will we slide at a very important time of the season. Its a huge gamble and what if Mancini or whoever replaces Hughes doesnt get us in the top 4 etc, sack him as well? I really hoped City had turned the corner and would have some stability for a few years sadly that has not been the case. Good luck to whoever is the new manager, I hope all of our fans can actually get behind the new man. Best of luck Mark you're going to be a top manager somewhere, sorry City didnt appreciate you.

This covers the main points for me, except maybe a bit too sentimental. I'm suprised at the way Hughes departure was dealt with, bit harsh, seeing as we've lost two all season. The draws were getting unbearable though, but there was the prospect of dumping the scum out of a cup competition. As for Mancini, good luck to him and I hope he does well for City but he's not managed in the Premier League and as above, I hope we don't suffer for it.

BlueTurban said:
Mark Hughes, unlucky, thankyou for all you did for our club and good luck in the future.

Roberto Mancini, welcome to our club, lets hope you realise how much it means to us the fans.

The fact that you were a red was the deciding factor with most people. All I can say say is "sorry", and Matt Busby.

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS. YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO WIN.

History does repeat itself eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.