Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy with Demichelis tonight but look at the choices we have.

MDM - who is experienced and composed on the ball (although he was sloppy tonight) but slow and goes to ground too easily.

Lescott - who is a better pure defender but hopeless on the ball (as that WTF back pass showed)

Nastasic - who looks very vulnerable at the moment and seems to be suffering second season syndrome. But he's young enough to improve.

Personally I think you shouldn't chop and change your centre-backs and that Kompany/Lescott is the best of the possible current combinations.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
RandomJ said:
It got pathetic about 20 pages ago.

Why was that when you started posting?
No it was when you and others decided to scapegoat City players for losing to the best team in the world for the last 5 years.

Ah of course the "they are just better than us" argument. Wondered when that would rear it's head. Well we comfortably saw off the best team in the world the first half and created quite a few chances with 11 players. We even caused them a lot of trouble with just 10 men. The decisive factor of this game? DM getting himself sent off and giving them a free goal. That is why he is rightly getting criticised because we could have got something from this game.

Prestwich_Blue said:

MDM - who is experienced and composed on the ball (although he was sloppy tonight) but slow and goes to ground too easily.

Lescott - who is a better pure defender but hopeless on the ball (as that WTF back pass showed)

Nastasic - who looks very vulnerable at the moment and seems to be suffering second season syndrome. But he's young enough to improve.

Personally I think you shouldn't chop and change your centre-backs and that Kompany/Lescott is the best of the possible current combinations.

True but the way Barca chase down our players and keep the pressure on us dictated that Lescott would have been a disaster waiting to happen this game. Nastasic would have been ideal today but his poor form and injury meant Demichellis had to play to be honest.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 am --<br /><br />
RandomJ said:
RandomJ said:
No it was when you and others decided to scapegoat City players for losing to the best team in the world for the last 5 years.

Ah of course the "they are just better than us" argument. Wondered when that would rear it's head. Well we comfortably saw off the best team in the world the first half and created quite a few chances with 11 players. We even caused them a lot of trouble with just 10 men. The decisive factor of this game? DM getting himself sent off and giving them a free goal. That is why he is rightly getting criticised because we could have got something from this game.

Why was he in a position where he could even get sent off? Again, stop making him the scapegoat. He is only partly responsible.

RandomJ said:
RandomJ said:

Can't be bothered to answer this, you win. Keep your bat and ball, its yours, and nobody thats better than you can play with it

CTID..

Prestwich_Blue said:

Isn't Nasty injured? He'd be my 1st choice, then Demchelis, then Lescott, Depends who we're playing

ForzaMancini said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

True but the way Barca chase down our players and keep the pressure on us dictated that Lescott would have been a disaster waiting to happen this game. Nastasic would have been ideal today but his poor form and injury meant Demichellis had to play to be honest.

Why was he in a position where he could even get sent off? Again, stop making him the scapegoat. He is only partly responsible.[/quote]
I wasn't making him the scapegoat just pointing out there's no obvious candidate to partner Vinny and that all of the other centre-backs have their weaknesses. It was Kompany who played Messi onside.

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Isn't Nasty injured? He'd be my 1st choice, then Demchelis, then Lescott, Depends who we're playing
Yes he is, but some have overlooked that fact!

Prestwich_Blue said:
ForzaMancini said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

True but the way Barca chase down our players and keep the pressure on us dictated that Lescott would have been a disaster waiting to happen this game. Nastasic would have been ideal today but his poor form and injury meant Demichellis had to play to be honest.

Why was he in a position where he could even get sent off? Again, stop making him the scapegoat. He is only partly responsible.
I wasn't making him the scapegoat just pointing out there's no obvious candidate to partner Vinny and that all of the other centre-backs have their weaknesses. It was Kompany who played Messi onside.[/quote]

Sorry mate that second part you've quoted wasn't in response to your comment, it was to the one after yours.

I'm sorry but Demichelis is a liability and it's been proven many times this season already tonight has just been the most fatal. As for most people's arguments as to why he should be in the side I'm not for one second accepting all this nonsense regarding his experience and his ball playing skills you! You pick your defence on who is best at preventing the other team scoring and at this moment that is Lescott (due to nastasic 's injuries and lack of form) when has any team ever picked a defenc because of it's ability on the ball it's priority is to prevent the other team scoring?

declovesvini33 said:
I'm sorry but Demichelis is a liability and it's been proven many times this season already tonight has just been the most fatal. As for most people's arguments as to why he should be in the side I'm not for one second accepting all this nonsense regarding his experience and his ball playing skills you! You pick your defence on who is best at preventing the other team scoring and at this moment that is Lescott (due to nastasic 's injuries and lack of form) when has any team ever picked a defenc because of it's ability on the ball it's priority is to prevent the other team scoring?
But Lescott would present the ball to the opposition. barca press you and your defenders have to be very good on the ball. Hoof it up field and you don't see it for 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.