Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many on here still tying to blur the lines because of who he plays for or the media somehow would report this differently, which is complete bullshit.

Has nothing to do with his Club, who have seemingly acted as you would expect them to have done in a fast moving news event, certainly if they have no prior knowledge of direct previous.

If anything, the media has given this far greater prominence than perhaps they would have done if it were someone from another club, due to his high profile and being at United; coupled with the unusual access to the information in the public domain.

There is no whatabouterry called for.

Any decent member of society treats this with the absolute revulsion it deserves.
Posters trying to introduce club rivalry in the debate are doing themselves no favours.

United have suspended him until further notice (all they can legally do at this stage) & the overwhelming majority of United supporters have unequivocally condemned his actions (assuming they are true). It's hard to see what we would have done differently.

If a City player was accused and found guilty of serious sexual offences and violence against women then you'd expect that they would be condemned by all, regardless of who they are.

The issue here is alleged rape and violence by a man against his partner and it really has got fuck all to do with football.

Posters trying to introduce club rivalry in the debate are doing themselves no favours.

United have suspended him until further notice (all they can legally do at this stage) & the overwhelming majority of United supporters have unequivocally condemned his actions (assuming they are true). It's hard to see what we would have done differently.

If a City player was accused and found guilty of serious sexual offences and violence against women then you'd expect that they would be condemned by all, regardless of who they are.

The issue here is alleged rape and violence by a man against his partner and it really has got fuck all to do with football.

Agreed. People forget, Mendy was starting in the first team just days before he was arrested and charged.

City wouldn't have played him if they knew what was coming down the pike.

And the accusation also United are somehow complicit in hiding this abusive relationship, seems too ridiculous to be true.

The rumours last year were all age related.

Tbf he had been a first team player for 4 years, played over 130 games and scored 35 times. I doubt he will play any more though.

CIES also had him valued at 135m euros prior to yesterday.

He came off the bench in many of those games.

He did go through a purple patch, scored a few goals, and was in the starting 11 for a while.

He’s since lost his form and focus(we now know why), done bugger all on the pitch, and has either been used as a sub again, or not played at all.

As for the CIES valuation. Clme on mate, that‘s a joke. Would any club pay £135mill for Greenwood? No they wouldn’t.

135m for a guy who can only do one thing, cut in and shoot
Whole premier league has worked him out
Hasn’t got any better in three years
But we can all see why now. He is a scumbag who thinks he’s reached the top when he’s at the bottom
I also thought the fact he has been nowhere near the England squad and phil is always in the squad suggested more to the story a while back
I’m not here to defend him or make out that he’s the new Ronaldo (original), I was just making the point he was hardly a fringe squad member. All United fans I’m mates with had him down to be their next superstar and best striker.

He did go through a purple patch, scored a few goals, and was in the starting 11 for a while.

He’s since lost his form and focus(we now know why), done bugger all on the pitch, and has either been used as a sub again, or not played at all.

As for the CIES valuation. come on mate, that‘s a joke. Would any club pay £135mill for Greenwood? No they wouldn’t.
No, you know best ‘course. Let’s leVe it there then.

Just heard the audio...... Never want to hear it again. Feel sick (and I work in Safeguarding).
I think this may reach a threshold for prosecution with or without the victim pressing charges.

Yep, the audio takes it completely out of the hands of the girl in question.

That may even have been the hope or intention.

All the same, the recording is about as clear as it gets to both the act and admission/justification from the perpetrator.

As for the CIES valuation. Clme on mate, that‘s a joke. Would any club pay £135mill for Greenwood? No they wouldn’t.

He's considered their version of Foden mate and has been heralded in their academy for years. He isn't in the same league as Phil, but that's the narrative United fans were holding to.

He uses both feet and is certainly a better player than Rashford.

This is not Ravel Morrison we are talking about here, a lad from a bad area which couldn't shake off his upbringing.

Greenwood was their big hope after years of not bringing anyone of note through.

some prick red in one of my whatsapp groups just keeps refering back to barry bennel saying that was worse. going on about greenwood and giggs saying they are heroes and always will be.
what a fucking weapon.
maybe it was worse but hes actually supporting them both
Whereas no City fan on the planet has ever supported Bennell. We're 100% agreed that he's a vile ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.