Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the audio...... Never want to hear it again. Feel sick (and I work in Safeguarding).
I think this may reach a threshold for prosecution with or without the victim pressing charges.
I made the mistake in searching for it and stopped listening after about 15 seconds. I would highly recommend that nobody listens to it, it's a bell that can't be un-rung. It's sickening and will bounce around your head for a good while after the fact.

I think he is a super talent. Yes he has struggled a bit this season but young players do and he is playing in a dysfunctional team
All a bit irrelevant now his career is over but I still don't see what you saw in him to describe him a "super talent"

The only footballing ability I've ever seen him display is the bog standard "cut in and shoot" whenever he finds himself with the ball in and around the area and even then he's hardly been a prolific goalscorer with most of his attempts being both wasteful and selfish.

What other abilities does he have and what else does he offer the team because I'm genuinely not aware of them?

Yep, the audio takes it completely out of the hands of the girl in question.
That may even have been the hope or intention.

All the same, the recording is about as clear as it gets to both the act and admission/justification from the perpetrator.
Unfortunately it does not prove he went on and raped her. Nor does the picture of her with the words 'this is what Mason Greenwood does' prove that he hit her. I feel sure that the police interviewed her before arresting him and l hope they got more than enough to charge him.

Last edited:
I hope that the audio and publicity around it does not give rise to the excuse that a fair trial is not possible. In my view, rapists need to be imprisoned, and I hope that anyone who is suspected of the crime is charged and convicted and sent to prison. In this case, with the evidence of the audio in the public arena, it is likely his career is finished, regardless of a conviction.

Topic arose at work this morning. All I said was “He’s got it to do”.
Myopic rag on the defensive straight away replies. “He can share a cell with Mendy”.
I had to respond to his parochial footy mind so said. “ Mendy is out on bail and I wasn’t slagging his club off either”

All a bit irrelevant now his career is over but I still don't see what you saw in him to describe him a "super talent"

The only footballing ability I've ever seen him display is the bog standard "cut in and shoot" whenever he finds himself with the ball in and around the area and even then he's hardly been a prolific goalscorer with most of his attempts being both wasteful and selfish.

What other abilities does he have and what else does he offer the team because I'm genuinely not aware of them?

just my opinion. Think he is a brilliant finisher. Has good vision and is two footed. I do think he has been poorly coached over the last two years and that has impacted his development. Most City fans I know (not on this forum), rate him very highly too. But agree irrelevant now as he has wasted it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.