Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"City know that they’ll never be as big as United or as loved as Liverpool or as cool as Paris Saint-Germain. And they know that their age of supremacy, like all ages, will eventually pass. Whether it’s due to the departure of Guardiola, the arrival of new pretenders, legislative challenges from Uefa or the Premier League (which is still investigating potential financial irregularities at the club)"

Liew talks about City's owner and then describes PSG as cool. What an imbecile.
Sure, there's a lot of bollocks as usual using City bingo but a couple of interesting things. Firstly, that great dynasties are often more appreciated after they end. the point about Liverpool is plain wrong unless you live in the Scouse bubble but we probably never will be as big as the Rags but so what?

I think he's right that we are not as cool as PSG. This is aimed at the millions of people all over Europe and the World who are marginal, occasional fans susceptible to the branding and marketing messages. The "golden trio" of Neymar, Mbappe and Messi are so marketable, so high profile, always in the news for some reasons, kings of their national teams, in the glamour shoots and magazines etc as well as being really great players.
Compare that to Bernardo, KDB and Mahrez for example - brilliant players and love then at City but nowhere near the same level of marketing/branding potental to appeal to the millions of occasional followers

This looks like the usual woolly headed attack you get on city because they don't understand the subject. If you Google this company it is based in France. That will be why he can only find a mail box address in the UK. Fairly normal for an overseas company to just register here if they have some UK when based overseas. Looks like nonsense to me.

This looks like the usual woolly headed attack you get on city because they don't understand the subject. If you Google this company it is based in France. That will be why he can only find a mail box address in the UK. Fairly normal for an overseas company to just register here if they have some UK when based overseas. Looks like nonsense to me.

He will know that it’s all narrative for his braindead tweeter sheep.

As loved as Liverpool??? Can only assume he is referring to to his media mates and not the general populus
I work with a Napoli fan here in the states, he’s no lover of Juve but his hatred of Liverpool because of Heysel is off the scale. He says many Italian fans of all clubs feel the same.

I've just come from the MEN City page and was (mildly) surprised to find that there are three stories about Luis Diaz, the Porto player Liverpool are apparently buying. It made me think that if Liverpool are loved anywhere it is among the group of papers to which the MEN belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.