Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Wilbraham and was a year or two younger than Eric, Clive and Eugene Wilson and of course Alex, but played with them a few times if they were a player short on the odd occasion and the games teacher needed to make up the 11 with someone from a year or two below. The school was a good supplier of talent for the blues in that era !
Yeah, it had a good run for a while. I played in the same team as Roger Palmer and Johnny Hart's youngest son Nigel who (through sheer determination) carved himself out a career in the lower leagues with Stockport, Lincoln and Chesterfield amongst others I think.

That's a relief. I thought I must be pissed because I didn't understand a word of it.
Great tackle and never a penalty! Just look at his guilty reaction. At least justice was done and the underdogs won the day.
I bet l wasn't the only one watching that clip and cheering when the pen was saved even though it was umpteen years ago.

And it wasn't a pen. Defender played the ball and Aldridge fell over him.
Should never have been a pen, but didnt stop the commentator announcing with some certainty "and thats a penalty" before backtracking to agree with Ian St John.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.