Middle East Conflict

It’s not even much of a debate these days, and anti-appeasement as a prevalent feeling came about much later in the 50s and 60s.

I think your understanding of history is stuck in the 1970s, which certainly explains why you think it’s worth sending 10,000+ British soldiers to die in Iran.

Or had you forgotten people die when you invade another country, depose their ruler and then try to make them agree with your views by force?
Lol. Nice try domalino. But your argument is full of holes and you know it.

Lol. Nice try domalino. But your argument is full of holes and you know it.

My argument is proven by history.

Yours is childish fantasy, so upset at 1000 murdered civilians that you’ve forgotten our last war killed 500,000

(For any newcomers to the thread this is not apologising for yeasterdays attack, which was horrific, it was a response to someone suggest we invade Iran)

It's difficult to know what to post in this thread. Some of the stories are horrific, the attacks on innocent people like at the festival are absolutely unforgivable. It should be the end of Hamas what they have done. For me they can justify attacking Israeli military targets (although who knows how many of the soldiers slaughtered in the ambush or kidnapped are just kids doing their national service) but these actions should be the end of them.

I hope Israel shows some restraint in their response, but i'd understand if they don't. There is going to be a lot more innocent people caught in the crossfire.

I hope there is a negotiated settlement leading to a 2 state solution but first and foremost Hamas needs to be wiped out leaving moderates to represent the Palestinians and then Israel need to elect a government that isn’t run by right wing religious fanatics from the settler community.

Can’t see it happening any time soon as long as the Iranian regime continues to fund, support and instigate atrocities like we’ve seen over the last two days.

I hope there is a negotiated settlement leading to a 2 state solution but first and foremost Hamas needs to be wiped out leaving moderates to represent the Palestinians and then Israel need to elect a government that isn’t run by right wing religious fanatics from the settler community.

Can’t see it happening any time soon as long as the Iranian regime continues to fund, support and instigate atrocities like we’ve seen over the last two days.

Why would a moderate force fill the vacuum left by wiping them out? Surely it would just provoke more grievances and the cycle goes on and on.

If Israel were to marginalise them by improving relations with Fatah and giving them concessions demotivate would be militants from picking up arms for Hamas when the alternative faction gets things done.

You've fallen into the trap that Israel can bully it's way to peace and a resolution. It can't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.