Middle East Conflict

Agreed.

That doesn't mean we can't be sceptical about an Israeli general speaking in a highly emotional and literally life-and-death situation. Or that journalists shouldn't be explicit in reporting it as a claim from a single man rather than a fact that they have verified.
100%there is a reason I've not mentioned it , it doesn't make the last few days much better if it was false either way

Wouldn't hold my breath pal, you'll get a 2011 Twitter article along in a minute with a load of whataboutery attached to it.
Or a twitter article that says this from an Israeli Minister.

“We are people who will not harm a fly, but if the fly bothers him, the fly must be killed and also his children if he hides behind them,” said Amihai Eliyahu, the minister of heritage.

Based on what the IDF are telling them is why I remain sceptical. There clearly has been a horrific massacre, the NYT reporter confirmed what she saw with her own eyes. No mention of beheadings let alone beheaded babies.
I have seen videos of beheadings although these were adults rather than babies. No reason not to believe there weren’t any thought of babies. Hamas seem to revel in the death of others and the more horrific / degrading the better as far as they are concerned.

We realise it's a huge news story right now, with posters taking deeply entrenched opinions on the situation. But can we please ask members to desist from personal abuse of other posters, whatever side you're on, and whatever "shit" you perceive another poster of talking. The insults and abuse directed at other posters doesn't really advance your argument, and will likely only end up with tit for tat jibes flying back and forth all night. Which serves no purpose at all. Thanks.

Remove the posters if there's personal abuse. It's pretty simple and what you do on other threads.

Or a twitter article that says this from an Israeli Minister.

“We are people who will not harm a fly, but if the fly bothers him, the fly must be killed and also his children if he hides behind them,” said Amihai Eliyahu, the minister of heritage.

Well at least I was only wrong about the year.

Remove the posters if there's personal abuse. It's pretty simple and what you do on other threads.
Because of the emotions and passions roused, we're trying to be reasonable here. But we need help from the members on this. As for your comment about other threads, and posters being removed, we don't remove as many as

A. You seem to think we do. And
B. As many as we probably should.

Of course, if you have an issue with the way the forum is being moderated, you are free to raise your concerns with @Ric. We don't claim to be perfect; all we say is that we do what we do for what we believe is the best interests of the forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.