Moment when you thought " Thats it,had enough of City "

defo the last season under pearce i had season ticket in in 210 and the people around me werent the best and the shit on the pitch was even worse

I paid £460 for my season ticket that season thats £46 a goal that season it became a fucking chore to go the match
shit team shit atmosphere shit all round day compared to maine road

luckilly i moved to 111 the season after and have never looked back

I have never left a game early. But, Half time against Spurs in the FA Cup 2004. If I could have, I would have left at half time. However, I had travelled to the ground with a friend who is a Spurs fan and so had to stay. The second half fight back felt like a religious experience where my faith had been tested and City showed me the light

I have a slightly odd experience. I'm a Bahrain native who spent a year at salford uni 1996-97 where I made several trips to Maine Road to watch us play in div1(thanks to my mate Martin Tyley who's always generously helped sorting out the tickets). For the following 15 years i made annual pilgrimages to both MR and the Etihad watching city across the three divisions, this except for the 2 or 3 years when I went thru a difficult personal crisis (was made to seem easy for a City supporter!). My record was this, since 1996 I had always and consistently managed to pick home games where we either lost or drew crap teams (3 of those against Everton-hated moyes until about a month or so ago;).
The season before last I flew in from Toronto on my way to Bahrain to watch us play Birmingham and the scum at home but surprise surprise, my record was intact !(both blank draws).
Remember walking out of the second game with Martin and his dad and wondering if I would ever see them win anything at all in my lifetime let alone a trophy. Have to admit that that was my moment of doubt. Obviously back home (where I until recently was the only City supporter) no one understood, not that I was bothered though. Justifying the expenditure and repeated depressive moods and emotional drainage was another thing.
That until last year's FA Cup final.. At last the curse was over!! Knew right then the no one was going to take the future away from us:)

CTID..

Am 40 and had a season ticket since I was 10 - never, ever felt it was time to sever ties.....despite the abymsal football in the mid-late 90's.

My enthusiasm has waned slightly over the last 5-6 years but that's down more to personal stuff and lack of monies, coupled with the mantra of 'some things are more important'......

I remember my first 'proper' away game was at Leicester in March '87, we got leathered 4-0 and I absolutely was transfixed with the whole atmosphere and day.

Without question my love for City was rubber stamped forever that day.

There for life, for better and for worse.

Lincoln away in the league 98/99. Stuck in traffic en route,shite performance through the game, got beat and it pissed down and i thought to myself "why the fuck am i here?"

Pearces dire football was nearly the icing on the cake as well. Him and England fucking deserve each other.<br /><br />-- Fri May 25, 2012 4:25 pm --<br /><br />Lincoln away in the league 98/99. Stuck in traffic en route,shite performance through the game, got beat and it pissed down and i thought to myself "why the fuck am i here?"

Pearces dire football was nearly the icing on the cake as well. Him and England fucking deserve each other.

Never considered giving up but Scholes last minute header against us 2 years ago knocked the wind out of me, worse than anything I can remember before for some reason, even though it was far from the worst of times. Seeing the away section explode into life, pretty much sealing the title for them and putting 4th into serious doubt for us. Just sat there thinking "it's never really going to change, no matter what we do".. Maybe it was the hope being extinguished, bit of a new feeling. Then listening to Spurs shock Chelsea on the way home to close their grip on 4th... Shite.
Thank you Kun!

United 5 - 0 City.

On my birthday, the jibes in the playground the next day were awful. Can honestly say that's the only time I've ever thought of fucking them off.

quiet_riot said:
United 5 - 0 City.

On my birthday, the jibes in the playground the next day were awful. Can honestly say that's the only time I've ever thought of fucking them off.

When did they beat us 5/0?

Re: Moment when you thought

mackenzie said:
quiet_riot said:
United 5 - 0 City.

When did they beat us 5/0?

read what he put ON HIS BIRTHDAY

94/95 season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.