Nastasić

Why does everyone think Lescott will be benched permanently? I think Mancini is simply preparing the players to play in that 3-5-2 formation, with VK, JL and Nasti at the back..and JL, Nasti taking turns whenever the team formation changes..

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
Bluemooner33 said:
For Kompany the way he's playing at the moment

I really don't see why we should be critical of Kompany. The midfield failed to stop Madrid too often last night leaving the heart of our defence exposed. For the most part I thought Kompany did well under extreme and constant presure.

As for Madrid's 3rd goal this wasn't Kompany's fault. He doesn't duck under the ball he avoids glancing it. The shot was struck powerfully by Ronaldo but was going to his, Kompany's, right. He doesn't have the time to get in front of it (try watching it a normal speed!). It's an awful dilema for a defender, do you try and intervene but risk deflecting it into your net? Kompany in a split second instinctively decides against touching it, and I believe it was the right thing to do; he was just unlucky the Hart was beaten by the dip of the ball.

As for Nastasic I thought is defending was great and his distribution was outstanding! What a signing!!!

If players like Mario, Dzeko, Silva, Barry and Yaya can come under criticism why can't Kompany?

He's been terrible by his standards so far, maybe being dropped could do him some good? It's not just us he's been shaky for but also Belgium as well!
C'mon, that goal is squarely on Zab man's shoulders. He bought the juke move and looked amateurish.

prairiemoon said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Mancini Manus Domini said:
I really don't see why we should be critical of Kompany. The midfield failed to stop Madrid too often last night leaving the heart of our defence exposed. For the most part I thought Kompany did well under extreme and constant presure.

As for Madrid's 3rd goal this wasn't Kompany's fault. He doesn't duck under the ball he avoids glancing it. The shot was struck powerfully by Ronaldo but was going to his, Kompany's, right. He doesn't have the time to get in front of it (try watching it a normal speed!). It's an awful dilema for a defender, do you try and intervene but risk deflecting it into your net? Kompany in a split second instinctively decides against touching it, and I believe it was the right thing to do; he was just unlucky the Hart was beaten by the dip of the ball.

As for Nastasic I thought is defending was great and his distribution was outstanding! What a signing!!!

If players like Mario, Dzeko, Silva, Barry and Yaya can come under criticism why can't Kompany?

He's been terrible by his standards so far, maybe being dropped could do him some good? It's not just us he's been shaky for but also Belgium as well!
C'mon, that goal is squarely on Zab man's shoulders. He bought the juke move and looked amateurish.

They're both at fault, you're right though Zab shouldn't allow someone like Ronaldo to cut inside just like everyone around Marcelo shouldn't be giving him all the time and space in the world in and around the penalty area especially when they saw how powerful his shots were in 2 occasions before he scored!

We have a habit of standing off or opponents instead of closing them down quicker. My judgement of Vinnie isn't solely on one game though as I don't think he's been to his usual consistent standards we've seen in the past and like I said even for his country he's looked unusually shaky, I just hope the pressure of him being one of the best defenders in the world isn't effecting his game!

Sick Swan said:
Just wondering if anybody has asked him if minds being called Nasty?

Maybe former Romanian tennis star Ilie Nastase ! If opposing forwards call him that, I will be quite pleased with our new defender.

MrOblivious said:
What did everyone make of him tonight? Just been discussing this with a couple of friends and considering his debut was against Real Madrid, I thought he was pretty solid.

Got stuck in with some important tackles, his vision was good under pressure and he didn't baulk against players like Di Maria and Ronaldo.

He still obviously has a lot to learn as he's only 19, but he looks to be a damn good acquisition.

Could possibly have done better on Benzema's turn and strike, but other than that, I was very impressed with the lad. Didn't show any signs of the dreaded "Savic Syndrome" which results in poor decision-making, simple (and disastrous) physical errors, and being generally oblivious to where one is on the pitch and which stage of the match one is at...

That being said, wasn't it a little strange that Mancio gave him his run-out against RM at the Bernabeu in a CL fixture? Isn't that a bit like how residents in Tierra del Fuego used to cull newborn infants?

Blue Heaven said:
Sick Swan said:
Just wondering if anybody has asked him if minds being called Nasty?

Maybe former Romanian tennis star Ilie Nastase ! If opposing forwards call him that, I will be quite pleased with our new defender.

Personally I call him NasTastic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.