Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh heck, I had forgotten to change my City Calendar from June to July...... I just did and of course July's player is Nathan Ake......is this a bad omen. Have I jinxed the England squad, will I get vilified if we lose?

I think I might hibernate for the rest of the tournament. :-) :-(
Quick, change it back!

Think Shaw will come in. And hopefully that helps Phil.
Apparently Trippier is set to start.

I would say that could mean he is moved to his proper side with Shaw coming in on the left…

But this is Southgate, so probably not.

You can talk about us getting a favourable decision all you like but we were in the World Cup Final and the score stood at 2-2. It was going to go either way and by a poor decision, it went our way.

If you want to talk about luck - we had one of the most ridiculous goals given against us in the 1986 World Cup quarter final, we would've played in another World Cup Final in 1990 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we would've been in another Euros Final in 1996 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we were knocked out of the 1998 World Cup on penalties, we had a freak goal scored against us in the quarter final of the 2002 World Cup against one of the best Brazil teams since 1982, in 2004, we were ripping up the Euros tournament when Wayne Rooney was injured - we went on the lose another penalty shootout, in 2008 we were beaten in the World Cup Quarter Final in yet another penalty shootout, in Euro 2012 we were shit but were put out in the quarter finals by Italy in guess what - another penalty shootout, in 2021 we got to the Euros final and were beaten by Italy in a penalty shootout.

If countless England managers and coaches had been given the brains to take penalty practice more seriously, we could easily have been in an extra World Cup Final, an extra World Cup semi final, an extra World Cup quarter final, won a European Championship, been in another Euros final on home soil, and been in an extra two Euros semi finals.

Luck goes two ways and we've had a fuck load go against us that has more than compensated for the linesman in 1966 - in a game that finished 4-2 anyway.

France ended up on the wrong side of the draw because they finished second in their group. Had they won it, they'd have played Turkey and then Holland and had they beat those two, England would've been playing France tonight. It isn't England's fault that we won our group but France didn't win theirs.

I do believe that whoever plays Spain is likely to get a good beating but it's a final and as pointed out on here many times, finals can be weird occasions. If finals always went the way of the favourites, City would be two FA Cups up, United and Wigan would be one down, Liverpool would have another, Wimbledon wouldn't have one and the countless more examples that are littered throughout the history of football.

Scotland and England not being at the races ability wise - well that can hardly be held as a comparison. English players repeatedly get to and win Champions League finals at club level and have recently developed a habit of reaching semi finals in International Football. We can't be drawing shit teams in every tournament, we are drawing and beating teams who have reached quarter finals. In the last Euros, we beat Germany at Wembley.

Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything. "England think they're better than they are" - no we don't, we know we're shit but expect better. "England's fans sing about wars" - your national anthem is about a 700 year old battle. "England have lucky draws" - it's because we're better than you. And to top it off, the chant befitting the scousers - "No Scotland, No Party" - well the tournaments between 1998 and 2018 were just fine and dandy without you skirt wearing fuckers turning up for your customary week and a half.
You win champions league finals because you have the world’s better players. The majority not English. I never mentioned that shitty infantile song about the RAF. But now that you mention it, it’s fucking classless.

You have done brilliantly for a very limited team. No question about that. My point is if you met anyone good your teams arses would be on their couch. You need to know that, if you don’t you know fuck all about football.

You win champions league finals because you have the world’s better players. The majority not English. I never mentioned that shitty infantile song about the RAF. But now that you mention it, it’s fucking classless.

You have done brilliantly for a very limited team. No question about that. My point is if you met anyone good your teams arses would be on their couch. You need to know that, if you don’t you know fuck all about football.
Must be breaking your wee heart cheering on the Orange men tonight : ))))))))

My only complaint about the ‘RAF song’ is the words are ‘RAF from Britain’ not ‘RAF from England’

Little time for International football but England , under Southgate, have a great tournament record despite not being overly exciting. They can only beat who’s in front of them.

Im expecting them to win tonight and then against Spain anything could happen. Unbelievable to think Southgate could be the first British manager to get his national team to a final in a foreign land. Could become the most successful national manager in British footballing history. Hahaha… Gareth Southgate!! Incredible and good luck to him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.