New fans/tourists are embarrassing

What's more tragic - a few hundred football tourists attracted by us promoting ourselves and maybe buying their favourite player or 120,000 plastic Stone Roses fans turning up and re-living a memory they never had.

The footy tourist is much more acceptable to me. If you don't want to sit next to them get a season ticket and sit amongst the rest of the season ticket holders.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
nashark said:
But you asked them why? Because you were thinking about the rags none local support so you asked them.

Why are you bothered about what I think?

Stop obsessing.

Get on with your own life.

Don't quote me again.

Oh didums...still not got over the fact you called me a racist last week and failed to apologise...Obsessed with the rags...and you know it otherwise you wouldn't have bothered asking them.Fact

And I will quote who I like if you post on here!

The post calling you a racist was a joke. That you fail to realise that shows how socially inept you must be.

As for my obsession, I asked some people in a real life social situation (not that you'll be familiar) a question out of curiosity. It's called a conversation. We're in one now because you asked 'why?'. You see how that works.

Given the tone of your post, I'd say I touched a nerve with the whole 'support your local team argument'.

Anyway, I'm off St Helens blue, just don't ask me why.

(because I find you boring).

Whats wrong with tourists attending a game? If i went to New York i would go to a Yankees game,i don't know the first thing about baseball but i would go being a tourist and all,i would even take a few pictures pitchside,i may even buy a shirt,or some other merchandise,i wouldnt know any of their players names,i wouldn't fully understand the rules,but i would go and watch and enjoy the spectacle.

I am sure if mcfcliam was in new york at a yankees game he would be doing the exact same thing as those tourists were doing last night.

royle said:
Whats wrong with tourists attending a game? If i went to New York i would go to a Yankees game,i don't know the first thing about baseball but i would go being a tourist and all,i would even take a few pictures pitchside,i may even buy a shirt,or some other merchandise,i wouldnt know any of their players names,i wouldn't fully understand the rules,but i would go and watch and enjoy the spectacle.

I am sure if mcfcliam was in new york at a yankees game he would be doing the exact same thing as those tourists were doing last night.

Spot On

nashark said:
nashark said:
Why are you bothered about what I think?

Stop obsessing.

Get on with your own life.

Don't quote me again.

Oh didums...still not got over the fact you called me a racist last week and failed to apologise...Obsessed with the rags...and you know it otherwise you wouldn't have bothered asking them.Fact

And I will quote who I like if you post on here!

The post calling you a racist was a joke. That you fail to realise that shows how socially inept you must be.

As for my obsession, I asked some people in a real life social situation (not that you'll be familiar) a question out of curiosity. It's called a conversation. We're in one now because you asked 'why?'. You see how that works.

Given the tone of your post, I'd say I touched a nerve with the whole 'support your local team argument'.

Anyway, I'm off St Helens blue, just don't ask me why.

(because I find you boring).

Calling someone a racist on a forum is not a joke in my eyes. You lost an argument so resorted to insulting me. I asked you for an apology and it failed to materialise. Yes I may bore you but at the end of the day you are obsessed by the rags instead of concentrating on city. Why the fuck would you ask anyone that> pmsl....It's so called blues like you who give those twats ammunition.

If ADUG sold the club tommorrow, I would remain a suppoprter. I am a football fanatic first and foremost and in the greatest league in the world I have chosen to support Manchester City. End of. It would be easy to hop on the endless bandwagon of Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Liverpool supporters but I have chosen to support a project in its infancy and be a part of something that will grow into a dynasty. Hate me all you want, I have great football knowledge, been to matches in a number of countries across North America and in Eastern Europe. I'm not here to support one player of my nationality like many do...I'm of Polish ancestry, living in Toronto Canada. What connection do I have with the city of Manchester? None. Other than I hate Chelsea United and Liverpool with an absolute passion. Some of you elitists need to accept new fans as not all will be clueless birds.

The more tourists the better!

Within the past few years I have attended a couple of baseball games in the states and the Madrid derby ... should I have found something else to do because I am a tourist?

Does mcfcliam deliberately come up with topics to troll the sensible majority and to make our club look small and pathetic?

Ubiquitous said:
Does mcfcliam deliberately come up with topics to troll the sensible majority and to make our club look small and pathetic?

Being honest here, no. Having met him I just see a young City fan who cares passionately for his club. Who loves Manchester and supports in one way: HIS way.
That isn't to condone or even agree with what he posts on here, but I do understand his passion.

He starts these type of threads fairly regularly. So my guess is he's fairly serious. He's been a city supporter a wet day himself yet comes on forum moaning about new fans.you will find most of the plastic/tourists as he likes to call them will have spent more than the price of his season ticket just to see 1 match and in doing so want to take pictures buy scarves = support the club. Then are unfortunate enough to end up sitting beside this moaning adolescent.
He'll start a thread only 20k tickets sold for so and so match them piss and moan about the type of people who do bother to show up. Spoilt child springs to mind.

Can we get these tourists to fill some seats for our Carling/FA Cup home games please? Brum tickets were cheap as dirt and we only got 25,000 - wouldn't have minded some tourists that night.

In all seriousness, there are two type of new fans - the idiots like those who comment on our Facebook page who demand Messi and Ronaldo and Mancini out, who ask why we're copying AC Milan with our away kit, and so on. And the ones who integrate into City culture quickly and try to understand who we are beyond the newfound wealth and (relative) success. At least the new fans now are getting in early, we've only won one pot so far so its not glory hunting in the traditional sense - they will come later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.