New fans/tourists are embarrassing

One fan critiquing another fan and calling them a "plastic" is pretty low. I'm American and have only ever supported City. I have no family allegience but I picked them and stuck with them.

You can be sure that when I make my first trip to Eastlands I'll be taking a few photos because it's not like I'll be back anytime soon.

Live and let live.

buckshot said:
One fan critiquing another fan and calling them a "plastic" is pretty low. I'm American and have only ever supported City. I have no family allegience but I picked them and stuck with them.

You can be sure that when I make my first trip to Eastlands I'll be taking a few photos because it's not like I'll be back anytime soon.

Live and let live.

Don't forget your replica kit and your A to Z.

machiavellian said:
robsta said:
AdamoTheGreat said:
If ADUG sold the club tommorrow, I would remain a suppoprter. I am a football fanatic first and foremost and in the greatest league in the world I have chosen to support Manchester City. End of. It would be easy to hop on the endless bandwagon of Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Liverpool supporters but I have chosen to support a project in its infancy and be a part of something that will grow into a dynasty. Hate me all you want, I have great football knowledge, been to matches in a number of countries across North America and in Eastern Europe. I'm not here to support one player of my nationality like many do...I'm of Polish ancestry, living in Toronto Canada. What connection do I have with the city of Manchester? None. Other than I hate Chelsea United and Liverpool with an absolute passion. Some of you elitists need to accept new fans as not all will be clueless birds.
I am not against new fans and I have accepted it is something that is inevitably going to happen. However I don't think it helps when you say things like "I hate Chelsea, United and Liverpool with an absolute passion".

Hate is a strong word but ignoring that for a minute why do you hate them ? I'll ignore the rags as that's an obvious one but could justifiably say I hate Liverpool (I don't actually) for a number of reasons. Like being sick of them winning everything during the spell in the 70s/80s. Also because of being on the receiving end of several heavy defeats to them during that time. Possibly the biggest reason would be the rivalry between Manchester and Liverpool and the likelihood that back in the day if you went to Anfield then you were likely to get chased back to Lime St station by scousers with stanley knives. Now those are reasons why longer term fans will say they hate another club. What are your reasons ?

Probably lost a title decider to them on a game of Fifa.
For instance, I have always hated the New York Yankees with a passion because they always win, their fans are unbelievably arrogant, and they are a bunch of pricks.

Is that allowed?

Same way I have ALWAYS hated United and their fans, since I can remember, long before I married a woman from Manchester who's father attended City matches since the 1910's, which is why I became a supporter in the 90's.

I don't get how you guys don't accept that people tend to hate sports teams, especially successful ones. Look around the world, everyone is doing it!

And seriously, if you live in Manchester, you have no business supporting or hating any sports team outside Lancashire, and if you do, you are an embarrassment. Is that how it is?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
You are telling us that, regardless of circumstances, you will always be a City fan because that is just what 'you are'.

But in the same passage you are peppering you rhetoric with language begging to be ridiculed. All because it 'sounds like' what a 'big fan' of an English football team is supposed to sound like.

Justifying supporting City (and I'm not saying you have to justifying - but that is what you are attempting to do) by talking of not taking 'the easy option' of United or Chelsea is like me suddenly proclaiming myself to be a huge Green Bay Packers fan and painting it as 'choosing' a back water, small time outfit that has little chance of success, just because they aren't the New England Patriots.

It's nonsense. Anyone 'choosing' City since the takeover would have to be extremely naive not to see the glamour and future success that the money brought/will bring. It isn't ' a noble choice'.

In fact, that is what gets my goat the most in such debates. Fine, if I decide that I want the Dallas Cowboys to start winning Superbowls because I like something about them, I'm going to think like that whatever people in Dallas think. But I can't imagine a situation where I'd ever seek to or want to compare my newfound support for Dallas with that of the people of Dallas or to even begin to attempt to equate it in any way at all. It would be nonsense and, without being in anyway personal, I find it complete nonsense when someone who has no connection with the area of Manchester seeks to do the same with City.

I would be someone with an interest in Dallas who would like them to win. Not a fan in any traditional genuine sense of the word.

To be honest many a club was bought by amazingly by rich gazillionaires only to receive 0 to little investment in the club and for the owner to sell and leave, in 2007 the 6th richest man in the world purchased 20% of QPR, he really didn't invest a lot in QPR nor did he even offer a controlling stake at the club yet his net worth is 31 Billion Dollars. Therefore it wasn't a guarantee that things will turn out as they did, we were just blessed to have such a wonderful owner.

Truth is we all have to start somewhere, every individual has their reason to support and be apart of our club. We might not have an obvious connection to Manchester but are we really all that different? We might not be able to attend every single game as we're located in opposite corners of this pale blue dot but we support the club in our own special way. Some of us wake up at daft o'clock sacrificing our only weekend. Some of us work hard and save up just to spend our hard earned vacation time in Manchester to watch a game or two. Some of us like our fellow supporters in Sierra Leone struggle through life with the only bright spot being watching our team win in an outdated TV set or a slow and crappy stream powered by dial-up.

Should we ban him from taking pictures as it might annoy our ears?
[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/Video/2010/November/Armani%20Video%20Image.ashx?mh=450&mw=800[/bigimg]

Here is some more plastics for you

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2010/October/SL_badge.ashx[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2010/October/5SL_TheMatch4Wed.ashx?mh=450&mw=800[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/tis_red/f0606ac7.jpg[/bigimg]

I've supported City all my life, i was not born in Manchester either. I was born in Scotland and raised in Scotland. My first game was at Maine road and i travel down with my dad, who was born and raised in Manchester, at every possible opportunity, which is not often down to his work. I have always wanted to move Manchester and get a season ticket....ever since i was little. I have a Scottish accent and always get looks when i shout something at a game. I can understand the feeling that 'if you weren't here when we were shit, why should you be here when were good' feeling. I myself don't like the fact that were becoming like United who we have taken the piss out of for years for there gloryhunter home support. However, you have to accept that it is inevitably going to happen with the recent success. I don't know about you 'true fans' but I'm going to keep going, even if these plastics do and i'll speak to them...maybe teach them a bit about City and get them singing and show them what being a real City fan is all about.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:03 am --<br /><br />I've supported City all my life, i was not born in Manchester either. I was born in Scotland and raised in Scotland. My first game was at Maine road and i travel down with my dad, who was born and raised in Manchester, at every possible opportunity, which is not often down to his work. I have always wanted to move Manchester and get a season ticket....ever since i was little. I have a Scottish accent and always get looks when i shout something at a game. I can understand the feeling that 'if you weren't here when we were shit, why should you be here when were good' feeling. I myself don't like the fact that were becoming like United who we have taken the piss out of for years for there gloryhunter home support. However, you have to accept that it is inevitably going to happen with the recent success. I don't know about you 'true fans' but I'm going to keep going, even if these plastics do and i'll speak to them...maybe teach them a bit about City and get them singing and show them what being a real City fan is all about.

new fans is more bums on seats and hopefully they can learn the words to a few songs and get singing!

welcome to manchester.

Q8-Blue said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
You are telling us that, regardless of circumstances, you will always be a City fan because that is just what 'you are'.

But in the same passage you are peppering you rhetoric with language begging to be ridiculed. All because it 'sounds like' what a 'big fan' of an English football team is supposed to sound like.

Justifying supporting City (and I'm not saying you have to justifying - but that is what you are attempting to do) by talking of not taking 'the easy option' of United or Chelsea is like me suddenly proclaiming myself to be a huge Green Bay Packers fan and painting it as 'choosing' a back water, small time outfit that has little chance of success, just because they aren't the New England Patriots.

It's nonsense. Anyone 'choosing' City since the takeover would have to be extremely naive not to see the glamour and future success that the money brought/will bring. It isn't ' a noble choice'.

In fact, that is what gets my goat the most in such debates. Fine, if I decide that I want the Dallas Cowboys to start winning Superbowls because I like something about them, I'm going to think like that whatever people in Dallas think. But I can't imagine a situation where I'd ever seek to or want to compare my newfound support for Dallas with that of the people of Dallas or to even begin to attempt to equate it in any way at all. It would be nonsense and, without being in anyway personal, I find it complete nonsense when someone who has no connection with the area of Manchester seeks to do the same with City.

I would be someone with an interest in Dallas who would like them to win. Not a fan in any traditional genuine sense of the word.

To be honest many a club was bought by amazingly by rich gazillionaires only to receive 0 to little investment in the club and for the owner to sell and leave, in 2007 the 6th richest man in the world purchased 20% of QPR, he really didn't invest a lot in QPR nor did he even offer a controlling stake at the club yet his net worth is 31 Billion Dollars. Therefore it wasn't a guarantee that things will turn out as they did, we were just blessed to have such a wonderful owner.

Truth is we all have to start somewhere, every individual has their reason to support and be apart of our club. We might not have an obvious connection to Manchester but are we really all that different? We might not be able to attend every single game as we're located in opposite corners of this pale blue dot but we support the club in our own special way. Some of us wake up at daft o'clock sacrificing our only weekend. Some of us work hard and save up just to spend our hard earned vacation time in Manchester to watch a game or two. Some of us like our fellow supporters in Sierra Leone struggle through life with the only bright spot being watching our team win in an outdated TV set or a slow and crappy stream powered by dial-up.

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/Video/2010/November/Armani%20Video%20Image.ashx?mh=450&mw=800[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2010/October/SL_badge.ashx[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2010/October/5SL_TheMatch4Wed.ashx?mh=450&mw=800[/bigimg]

Funny thing is, you say where would 'we' be without Sheikh Mansour's investment, well the club would be in mid-table and we would attending every week as per, whereas you would've chosen to 'support' Chelsea because you're fond of the colour navy blue, or admire Torres' flowing blonde locks.

As you say, we were blessed to have 'such a wonderful owner' take the reigns, you weren't, as you've said yourself you knew nothing of us in 2008.

But now you try to equate your feelings of the club to ours after 'supporting' us for 12 months?

That should go some way to explaining why the likes of yourself are so disparaged by the rest of us.

On another note, I find it pretty fucking shameless that you'll compare your story of half-heartedly searching for a club to 'support' from the comfort of your armchair after developing a passing interest in football after the World Cup, to that of a man with absolutely nothing to his name, living in a war-torn third world country who by a chance meeting with a charitable blue in his country formed a relationship which began with small-talk about football, and soon developed into a charitable aid excursion encompassing football with a goal to provide local children with an alternative to crime, while providing a flittering distraction from their struggle with crippling poverty with help to arrange football tournaments and providing the necessary kit and transport to do so.

Also funnily enough, Armani (the man in question, in the first picture you posted) opened the Sierra Leone supporter's club in 2003, long before any potential glory or trophies, when we still played at Maine Road in fact. His supporters club is now the biggest City supporter's club outside of the UK.

A tale of admirable courage and the great efforts of a charitable man to aid someone whom he'd developed a close relationship and greatly empathised with.

You on the other hand, made a callous, cold, logical choice to 'support' City 12 months ago after developing a passing interest in 'soccer' following the World Cup.

If you wish to understand why your presence is so resented, by myself at least, read this;

machiavellian said:
I can relate to the OP.

I'm 21, the OP is apparently 19, you've got to remember that for lads of our generation, what attracted us to City was Maine Road. The authentic feel of the football club, wanting to be a part of the proper football club with real fans - in stark contrast to the alternative.

It's the reason we didn't take the easy option like 90% of the other spineless needy bastards in the playground and support the rags.

Blues of our generation in Manchester are few and far between, when I was in high school, in a year that contained roughly 200 kids, I could count the amount of blues among them two hands.

We were a rare breed in the 90's and early 2000, but it didn't bother us, it made our love of City all the stronger. We might be in the minority, and the rag kids might have all the trophies and glory, but that's all they have, we're blues, we're a rare breed of persevering hardy souls with one thing in common - a deep-rooted, immovable love of all things Manchester City.

Maine Road is what encapsulated us, enchanted us. The cobbled, terraced streets. The tightly packed stands with low roofs, the wide and imposing expanse of the Kippax. The wise old heads in the stands who knew everything and anything City, the way everyone around your regular spot in the stands was a familiar face, and usually a good friend. The feeling of despite the offerings on the pitch, you were part of something special, a 'proper' football club with genuine fans who truly cared about their club and likewise their fellow blues.

In contrast, United were sweeping all before them and winning the league and european cup treble while we clawing our way out of the third tier. Everyone you knew was a rag, had a replica kit and worshipped the eternal lisp, but didn't know who they were playing on the weekend or who they played last week.

The choice was clear for us - real tears and all football, over corporate, sanitised football with guaranteed trophies and shallow bragging rights.

It's what made us blues. The alternatives were not attractive, despite being exactly that to all of our friends and often our families.

We despised the shallow, spineless nature of the gloryhunting scum who'd call themselves United 'supporters' solely to attach and associate themselves with the success and glory which they were all but guaranteed for the rest of their pathetic lives.

But it didn't matter, because we knew where we stood and we knew that in City we supported a genuine football club with fans who'd bleed for their club.

Call it a trade off if you like.

For kids of our generation, it was essentially this choice as a child;

Trophies, success, and attractive football - but an entirely unfulfilling shallow existence comprised of daily attempts of explaining the offside rule to your fellow 'supporters' and similar attempts at explaining why United weren't playing the same weekend England were.

Or, joining the tightly knit family of tears and all football, roller coaster rides between relegation and promotion, but most significantly a feeling an immense belonging, you were part of a family, and the despite what was going on in the other side of (Greater) Manchester, you didn't measure yourself in trophies or medals because it didn't define you - it didn't make you who you were.

So you'll have to excuse the likes of us who see the similarities with us and the rags (besides the football) growing daily, and the masses of morally defunct souless needy wankers suddenly taking a liking to City and calling themselves 'blues', when we voice our resentment and to be entirely sincere, genuine disgust at these people.

I make no apologies if I've offended anyone, simply my opinion. Most will understand or relate with it.

But it's nothing personal, you're simply a prime example of the spineless, characterless gloryhunters I grew up despising. And, by and large, I just think the likes of yourself are pitiful tits, mate.

I hope that was succinctly put.

machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Funny thing is, you say where would 'we' be without Sheikh Mansour's investment, well the club would be in mid-table and we would attending every week as per, whereas you would've chosen to 'support' Chelsea because you're fond of the colour navy blue, or admire Torres' flowing blonde locks.

As you say, we were blessed to have 'such a wonderful owner' take the reigns, you weren't, as you've said yourself you knew nothing of us in 2008.

But now you try to equate your feelings of the club to ours after 'supporting' us for 12 months?

That should go some way to explaining why the likes of yourself are so disparaged by the rest of us.

On another note, I find it pretty fucking shameless that you'll compare your story of half-heartedly searching for a club to 'support' from the comfort of your armchair after developing a passing interest in football after the World Cup, to that of a man with absolutely nothing to his name, living in a war-torn third world country who by a chance meeting with a charitable blue in his country formed a relationship which began with small-talk about football, and soon developed into a charitable aid excursion encompassing football with a goal to provide local children with an alternative to crime, while providing a flittering distraction from their struggle with crippling poverty with help to arrange football tournaments and providing the necessary kit and transport to do so.

Also funnily enough, Armani (the man in question, in the first picture you posted) opened the Sierra Leone supporter's club in 2003, long before any potential glory or trophies, when we still played at Maine Road in fact. His supporters club is now the biggest City supporter's club outside of the UK.

A tale of admirable courage and the great efforts of a charitable man to aid someone whom he'd developed a close relationship and greatly empathised with.

You on the other hand, made a callous, cold, logical choice to 'support' City 12 months ago after developing a passing interest in 'soccer' following the World Cup.

If you wish to understand why your presence is so resented, by myself at least, read this;

machiavellian said:
I can relate to the OP.

I'm 21, the OP is apparently 19, you've got to remember that for lads of our generation, what attracted us to City was Maine Road. The authentic feel of the football club, wanting to be a part of the proper football club with real fans - in stark contrast to the alternative.

It's the reason we didn't take the easy option like 90% of the other spineless needy bastards in the playground and support the rags.

Blues of our generation in Manchester are few and far between, when I was in high school, in a year that contained roughly 200 kids, I could count the amount of blues among them two hands.

We were a rare breed in the 90's and early 2000, but it didn't bother us, it made our love of City all the stronger. We might be in the minority, and the rag kids might have all the trophies and glory, but that's all they have, we're blues, we're a rare breed of persevering hardy souls with one thing in common - a deep-rooted, immovable love of all things Manchester City.

Maine Road is what encapsulated us, enchanted us. The cobbled, terraced streets. The tightly packed stands with low roofs, the wide and imposing expanse of the Kippax. The wise old heads in the stands who knew everything and anything City, the way everyone around your regular spot in the stands was a familiar face, and usually a good friend. The feeling of despite the offerings on the pitch, you were part of something special, a 'proper' football club with genuine fans who truly cared about their club and likewise their fellow blues.

In contrast, United were sweeping all before them and winning the league and european cup treble while we clawing our way out of the third tier. Everyone you knew was a rag, had a replica kit and worshipped the eternal lisp, but didn't know who they were playing on the weekend or who they played last week.

The choice was clear for us - real tears and all football, over corporate, sanitised football with guaranteed trophies and shallow bragging rights.

It's what made us blues. The alternatives were not attractive, despite being exactly that to all of our friends and often our families.

We despised the shallow, spineless nature of the gloryhunting scum who'd call themselves United 'supporters' solely to attach and associate themselves with the success and glory which they were all but guaranteed for the rest of their pathetic lives.

But it didn't matter, because we knew where we stood and we knew that in City we supported a genuine football club with fans who'd bleed for their club.

Trophies, success, and attractive football - but an entirely unfulfilling shallow existence comprised of daily attempts of explaining the offside rule to your fellow 'supporters' and similar attempts at explaining why United weren't playing the same weekend England were.

Or, joining the tightly knit family of tears and all football, roller coaster rides between relegation and promotion, but most significantly a feeling an immense belonging, you were part of a family, and the despite what was going on in the other side of (Greater) Manchester, you didn't measure yourself in trophies or medals because it didn't define you - it didn't make you who you were.

So you'll have to excuse the likes of us who see the similarities with us and the rags (besides the football) growing daily, and the masses of morally defunct souless needy wankers suddenly taking a liking to City and calling themselves 'blues', when we voice our resentment and to be entirely sincere, genuine disgust at these people.

I make no apologies if I've offended anyone, simply my opinion. Most will understand or relate with it.

But it's nothing personal, you're simply a prime example of the spineless, characterless gloryhunters I grew up despising. And, by and large, I just think the likes of yourself are pitiful tits, mate.

You know, you are what's wrong in the club, just because you were born andlivein Manchester, and have supported city for all of your massive 21 years you sneer at anyone else. Get a grip and think of the bigger picture, it isn't your club, it won't go back to Maine road, it needs new fans to grow and those fans won't all have Manc accents

OK, you are purer than us, you are part of the master race of City supporters. Should those of us who are dirty foreign fans wear some sympol of our impurity, like a Star of David, when we watch City?

You can spit on us with disgust as you pass by us at the Etihad.

Fascists.

Ronnie the Rep said:
machiavellian said:
Q8-Blue said:

machiavellian said:
I can relate to the OP.

You know, you are what's wrong in the club, just because you were born andlivein Manchester, and have supported city for all of your massive 21 years you sneer at anyone else. Get a grip and think of the bigger picture, it isn't your club, it won't go back to Maine road, it needs new fans to grow and those fans won't all have Manc accents

Rightly or wrongly, it's the way I feel.

I know a lot of others feel just the same, but aren't honest enough to say so on a place like this.

The OP made a passing comment and gets lambasted by swathes of posters trying to convince themselves and everyone else that they don't give a shit and they'd gladly sit through an entire 90 minutes of football sat next to some know-nothing two-bit gloryhunter recording everything that moves on his smart phone for entirety of the game.

So it isn't surprising most will tow the line.

It's quite amusing though, I'm not here to make friends with anyone, I'm not trying to ingratiate myself with anyone, I'm entirely honest in what I post and I don't give a flying fuck what you or anyone else thinks of me. On the other hand, the aforementioned gloryhunters are the polar opposite, they're always telling us how much they love City and how Manchester is such a wonderful city (despite never having visited) and telling us how they're vaguely linked to the club via a long deceased soul who supported us in the 19th century (see a previous post in this thread).

They're only here to ingratiate themselves, and convince us that they're different from their namesakes at other clubs - it's pathetic.

Make up your own mind, I don't give a fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.